CACI International Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated Dec 5, 2019

3.5
CACI International CEO John S. Mengucci
John S. Mengucci
  1. "Great Company to work For!"

Current Employee - Electronics Technician

I have been working at CACI International part-time

Pros

Cares about employees, they communicate well. Good Work hours. Solid Benefits

Cons

Less than normal pay compared to other companies

CACI International2019-10-06
  2. "Steady work"

Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at CACI International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Coworkers and first line managers are great

Cons

There are no raises or bonuses.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees.

CACI International2019-10-18
  3. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Software QA Test Engineer

I have been working at CACI International full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is a lot of flexibility with the hours for family and appointments.

Cons

There is nothing to report at this time

CACI International2019-10-02

"Be careful before accepting a job here"

Former Employee - Junior Project Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at CACI International full-time for less than a year

Pros

The salary level is competitive

Cons

I was hired as a junior project manager and on my first day of work I was told I was basically a mover and had to move desks and chairs to and from different buildings.

Advice to Management

Have better communication and don’t lie when you are interviewing someone. Be truthful about the actual job description.

CACI International2019-11-05
  5. "Conducts a needs assessment and develop new or update existing materials to meet training requirements."

Current Employee - Training Developer/Instructor for IPPS-A in Arlington, VA

I have been working at CACI International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company to work for. The Leadership are always helpful and understanding

Cons

Flexible teleworking would be a great option

CACI International2019-09-27
  6. "Sound company"

Former Employee - Analyst

I worked at CACI International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Reliable and respectful of its employees

Cons

Due to its large size, a bit impersonal in feeling

CACI International2019-09-26

"CACI = Cannot Accept Constructive Input"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I worked at CACI International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent pay in most cases

Cons

I've never seen a company that is more focused on lining the pockets of white male executives than CACI. And it's done at the expense of the employees - yet those same execs are totally baffled that there's a retention problem.

Advice to Management

Take your money and leave CACI to a new group of senior execs who actually balance the needs of the company/shareholders with the needs of the workforce.

CACI International2019-10-28

"Good work environment with bad corporate policies/issues"

Former Employee - Test Engineer in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD

I worked at CACI International full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Manager is usually hands off and leaves it to the site manager - Direct exposure and/or to a lot of different projects and types of work - Flexibility in terms of role/position with ability to be moved around - People in management are usually approachable and accessible - Work with knowledgeable and passionate people It's difficult to make a good analysis of the company as a whole since as a contractor you... can be deployed almost anywhere and your experience is dependent on the location where you are deployed. I was at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD working at CERDEC and overall had a good experience. Although I was worked to the bone, I enjoyed working on a various different projects being in a small R&D group. If you do have problems/issues managers and the people in the company will work with you to try to resolve it. Usually there's a lot of different projects at any given time involving numerous things and getting moved or involved in different projects that peak your interest isn't too difficult granted that you wouldn't be a liability for said project. The people you work with, at least in the technical groups, know what they're doing and are highly motivated. Everyone is very cooperative with any one individual willing to drop what they are doing to help someone else.

Cons

- Government contracting position - Ridiculous amount of security/random training - Performance review based on doing the training - Benefits are so-so - Pay is more or less fixed - Clearance paperwork/process is a mess The cons are more with the "corporate" side of things. Since this is a government contractor position, you will have to fill out a lot paperwork and do a lot of training from not only CACI... but the government and the branch itself. It takes up a significant amount of time, distracting you from your actual work. CACI also has this weird system where, since the direct manager isn't there to keep an eye on you, your performance and raise is based almost entirely on your ability to do the training on time. Benefits also leave a lot to be desired and the health insurance is overpriced, even with the lowest tiered option. It might also be difficult to renegotiate your pay since you're constantly being told of the limited funds and how money can't be moved around. Most importantly the clearance process is an absolute mess and you may have to submit the application multiple times. Communication between the branch and the headquarter in Virginia seems to be a constant back and forth with no clear answers and trouble figuring out who's responsible for what. I understand that this is a problem with all big companies but disappointed that at the very least the security clearance process isn't better handled since it's so critical to being able to work for them. Expect to wait a much longer time on getting your clearance although whether this is because of a problem with CACI or the government, you'll never know.

Advice to Management

Try to reduce or streamline the the paperwork and training material. Try to get better benefits and establish a better system for promotions/ranks and raises for contractors. Improve communication between the headquarter and branches especially when it comes to an individual's clearance process.

CACI International2019-09-18
  9. "Typical defense contractor"

Former Employee - Director in Washington, DC

I worked at CACI International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Invested heavily in going after game changing contracts

Cons

Not focused on current clients. Too much focus on acquisition growth and large new contracts without taking care of current customers.

Advice to Management

Balance organic growth with acquisition and provide a path for employees to grow beyond their current position

CACI International2019-10-03
  10. "Not a bad place to start."

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at CACI International full-time for more than a year

Pros

-flextime, ability to start earlier or later depending on daily schedule. -I've yet to meet someone employed with this company who I have an issue with, work or otherwise. -earn 6-hrs of PTO per pay period.

Cons

-Lower then average pay then competitors, especially at lower levels. -401-k vest ZERO until 3 years of service. -severe boredom at times, slow paced. -SAME task over and over. -Seems like a top heavy organization. Only way to get more competitive salary is for a promotion. -Management expects loyalty, in that they expect you to work for years at a lower than competitive salary to "work your way up".

Advice to Management

Employee Benefits: There seems to be some sort of notion that being equal/"competitive" with other companies in the industry is a bragging right. It is listed multiple times in benefit explanation pages. I've always be perplexed about advertising that your benefits are basic/average, when compared with others. Why not strive for better?

CACI International2019-10-02