CALVIN KLEIN Assistant Manager Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Cheryl Abel-Hodges
1 Rating
  1. "Breath of fresh air"

I have been working at CALVIN KLEIN full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great higher management, lots of support, great shops, great clothes, lots of training for the job that continues, amazing discount!

Cons

Pay could be higher but it is retail.

CALVIN KLEIN2017-08-12
  2. "They don’t care about you"

I have been working at CALVIN KLEIN full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Discount, 401k, Good benefits.

Cons

Micromanaging at it’s finest. Only care about sales goals being met and results being driven. Don’t care at all about their employees.

CALVIN KLEIN2020-01-29
  3. "Retail"

I have been working at CALVIN KLEIN full-time

Pros

Discount Management Team Brand Awareness Marketing

Cons

Operation difficulties Floor sets and Visual Lack of support from head office

CALVIN KLEIN2019-12-28
  4. "Assistant Store Manager- Calvin Klein"

I have been working at CALVIN KLEIN full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Flexible schedule -Great discounts with CK and sister company stores.

Cons

-Upper management at this location was terrible, micro managing as he was based out of this store. -Management did not have the employees’ best interest at heart. Their sole interest were margin increase and customer satisfaction. Unfortunately to provide exceptional customer service to customers your employees should feel supported at the work place. -The new store manager spent her time doing “paperwork” and not engaging with customers or employees. -Employees are obligated to sign customers up for loyalty rewards programs.

CALVIN KLEIN2019-09-07
  5. "AM Review"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at CALVIN KLEIN full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good benefits Great culture & values

Cons

Little room for growth Negative work life balance

CALVIN KLEIN2019-08-07
  6. "Busy and successful in most things we put our mind to."

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at CALVIN KLEIN full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very close team, it's a very big store with lots of departments. Somehow all the associates and managers got along. Almost family like, how close we really are. Discount is amazing 40%-50% off already discounted items. Pay for management is pretty good. Due to my team being so successful with driving the business, making our incentive bonuses came easy. Dress code used to be super strict (all black) everything. However now you can pretty much wear whatever you want so long as it's in season and not in Clearance. They give you the freedom to look how you want, tattoos, some piercings, bright or colorful hair color if you like. Everyone plays their part on the team. Leads are what one would consider a leader of that department.

Cons

No room for growth, literally... this store is the worst at training a manager at something they don't know how to do. Been there for so many years and not one time had I been to our off site ware house. Low pay for sales associates, unfair and favoritism when correcting behavior and promoting.

CALVIN KLEIN2018-07-05

"Okay Store But Sketchy Company"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at CALVIN KLEIN full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The benefits were great especially for full time employees Okay discount Impossible to get fired (but also impossible to fire terrible workers) Good dress code Fun store

Cons

Upper management and district managers ran things in a very "sketchy" way Get in trouble for making friends with coworkers (conflict of interest) Selective about who gets in trouble and who doesn't Underpay management, but have the money to fly all SMs out to Orlando for a week HUGE pay differences for those doing the same position with the same experience

CALVIN KLEIN2018-05-16
  8. "Great entry level position into management with room to grow"

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Toronto, ON

I worked at CALVIN KLEIN full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very operationally strong. Lots of resources as the company is a big corporation. Opportunity to grow within other sister brands such as Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen and Izod

Cons

When you become a store manager, growth becomes extremely difficult as you are stuck in your position. The next level up is the district manager and unless that person gets promoted, moved or leaves the company, the store managers have no chance of growing.

CALVIN KLEIN2018-02-21
  9. "assistant manager"

Assistant Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at CALVIN KLEIN for more than a year

Pros

Not a bad retail company to work for. Take pretty good care of their people.

Cons

No rapid growth or expansion. Meaning you have to wait in line for a while for promotions. Weak bonus program; you could only be eligible for a monthly bonus if the company as a whole reach their sales goal. This is frustrating if you work at a store that hits their sales goal when the company doesnt.

CALVIN KLEIN2016-12-06

"It's okay"

Assistant Store Manager in Allen, TX

I worked at CALVIN KLEIN for less than a year

Pros

I really enjoyed the people that I worked with at my store. I worked there for six years and moved up from sales associate to assistant manager. There was good development early on in my time there. Health benefits are good, you also receive 40% discounts there, Tommy Hilfiger, and Van Heusen. 30% at Wilson's Leather and Bass Shoes.

Cons

For the last two years that I worked for Calvin, I became more and more of a glorified sales associate. Monday-Friday we only had a manger and a sales associate for the whole day, making it very difficult to get anything accomplished and still customer service. Pay is very low compared to other companies.

CALVIN KLEIN2016-08-18