CDK Global Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.9
CDK Global CEO Brian Krzanich
Brian Krzanich
Pros
Cons
  • "My beef is mainly with upper management(in 80 reviews)

• "As a former leader at Cobalt, I'll provide just one example that summarizes everything: under(in 52 reviews)

1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Support Analyst in Hungerford, England

I have been working at CDK Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

Most of the staff are enthusiastic and helpful, and the company really wants to keep improving engagement and morale. Recently there has been a new CEO who seems more focussed on customers rather than just the shareholders, which is a step in the right direction

Cons

Some aging products, and some very serious issues in the Product Teams which really affect customers

Advice to Management

Keep going with the staff engagement, and urgently address the product issues

CDK Global2019-01-31
  2. "Ok place to work"

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at CDK Global full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Your peers are the best thing about the company

Cons

Lots of talk but no action

CDK Global2020-01-19

"bad"

Current Employee - Team Leader

I have been working at CDK Global full-time

Pros

there are people that are working poorly with no stress

Cons

bad management and very bad environment

CDK Global2020-01-06
  4. "Nice place to work"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Hungerford, England

I have been working at CDK Global full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits are pretty good and so is pay.

Cons

Too many legacy product slowing development of new products.

CDK Global2019-11-26

"Product Development too slow and poor quality"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Hungerford, England

I worked at CDK Global full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Large corporate with decent benefits Some good people Large customer base Dominant position in UK marketplace

Cons

Arrogant approach to customers Over priced solutions Product management and development terrible both in quality and speed Not really in touch with what is going on in the marketplace around them, though the lack of a real competitor (no owned by a dealer group) means many dealer groups have to use them, though most are using 3rd party system for key tasks outside finance. Staff views generally ignored

CDK Global2019-10-21

"Difficult to get things done"

in Hungerford, England

I worked at CDK Global

Pros

Many people are smart and hard working Flexible working accepted and working from home used widely

Cons

The UK ELT is not aligned, they have differing priorities and are not working as a team This leads to misaligned incentives throughout the organization and it is very difficult to get things done New plans are put in place then forgotten about after a quarter as the next fire needs fighting Sensible, smart people are leaving which is bad in itself and catastrophic for morale Stress, burnout and overwork are rampant and not addressed

Advice to Management

Read the 5 Dysfunctions of a team Get a leader who can lead Decide what you are going to focus on and be good at it

CDK Global2019-10-20
  7. "Global company, outdated ideas"

Current Employee - Product Engineer in Reading, England

I have been working at CDK Global full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great team of people Some management are emphatic and consider employees

Cons

Have to keep forcing aspirations to the same people or get forgotten

CDK Global2019-08-07
  8. "Mentally stimulating place to work"

Current Employee - Support Analyst in London, England

I have been working at CDK Global full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great team ethic. Social aspects in and outside of company. Have reduced micromanagement in the department to nil. Flexibility, understanding and empathy from management. Always something new to learn and challenge yourself with. Career progression is there if you want it and are willing to work for it. Company is willing to self-critique and change to improve.

Cons

Not a place where you can learn the job in 5 minutes. It takes time to become competent and self sufficient, and you need to be a part of that learning process and work to drive it yourself as it’s not handed to you on a silver platter. This is a somewhat niche field, within the automotive industry. A lot of people who work here stay here. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, but something to consider.

Advice to Management

Keep up the process of change and improvement. It’s refreshing to see and it is having a positive impact on the experience of employees.

CDK Global2019-07-15
  9. "Great company for developing."

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Hungerford, England

I worked at CDK Global full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I spent the majority of my early career at CDK Global. I really enjoyed working with the people and I felt that I was given lots of great opportunities to develop myself both in the roles I had but also projects. Much of my experience has been down to the things I learned whilst at CDK and those things have equipped me for my future career. There was of course challenges but those challenges provided opportunities and learning that can be applied. I would recommend and I really enjoyed my time at CDK.

Cons

Sometimes the focus that we are all one team and working together to achieve our goals fell short. Some of the Nordic/ European HR managers/ directors created a ‘this and them’ culture. The focus was more on blaming/ jumping to conclusions without all the facts rather than fixing and working together to solve what was trying to be achieved.

Advice to Management

Invest in promoting collaboration and team working within those teams that may be remote or situated across different countries. Giving constructive feedback in the moment was something some people struggled to do at CDK and this is something that needs investing in. The consequences cause conflict.

CDK Global2019-06-29

"Out of touch and arrogant senior leadership is killing this business"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Hungerford, England

I have been working at CDK Global full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great colleagues and ability to work from home

Cons

senior leadership is out of its depth, very unhappy customers; no clear, shared vision and direction; sense of chaos and fatalism in the ranks.

Advice to Management

Replace Neil Packham with an engaged and charismatic leader, set a clear vision of who you are, prioritise strategic goals over one time revenue, foster a culture of ownership and pride in your products, accept that a full business transformation needs to happen and accept that this will affect revenue in the short term.

CDK Global2019-07-24