CG Consultants Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 2 October 2018

4.6
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great company - Offers massive opportunities to the ambitious!"

I have been working at CG Consultants full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere, everyone wants everyone to succeed. Fantastic training in place for both rookies and experienced people. An ambitious company who have matched my levels of ambitions over the last four and a half years. It has truly been a pleasure to grow with the company. A fantastic opportunity for anyone looking to get into recruitment.

Cons

The company is still relatively small - but rapid growth plans indicate that it may be an exciting times to come on board.

Advice to Management

Let's grow this place!

2. "Recruitment Consultant"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Camberley, England
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Camberley, England

I worked at CG Consultants (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good team, very knowledgeable, know the engineering market well and deliver on what they promise

Cons

not enough team activity outside of work, slow to change with the technology, lacks clear strategy and direction

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, focus on what the client wants. Define your growth strategy by ensuring key people are working towards the same goal and the team is aligned with changes that are made

3. "Exciting and Rewarding Job!"

Current Employee - Permanent Technical Recruiter in Camberley, England
    Current Employee - Permanent Technical Recruiter in Camberley, England

I have been working at CG Consultants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

CG offer really good incentives for employees that keep them interested and motivated to work hard! I am always busy and never clock watching which means that time and days fly by! The job has its ups and downs but the hard work pays off when the commission comes through!

Cons

Being located on Frimley road - not a lot to do for lunch and always hard to merge onto the road!

"Best job I have had by far"

I have been working at CG Consultants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere is great to work in, it is a competitive environment but every one is here to lend a helping hand when required and the team ethos is spot on.

You get out what you put in, the commission structure is great so even though I am working long hours, you can really see the benefits when it comes to the rewards!

Cons

I have worked here for just over a year now and for me personally, there really aren't any

5. "Lovely company to work for with great opportunities!"

I have been working at CG Consultants full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

CG is a lovely company to work for! Everyone is really friendly, I love coming to work! There are great career opportunities at CG and can always progress further in the role.

Cons

Technology is not the best at the moment, but I know things are changing and will be going in the right direction!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

6. "Excellent opportunity, with a good environment"

I have been working at CG Consultants full-time

Pros

CG Consultants have a great atmosphere within the office, recruitment has it's ups and downs more so than any other industry / place of work I have been in but the team celebrate with you and help when things aren't going your way. If you put the effort in the rewards are far better than any other industry I have been in also. The management team are constantly looking for ways to develop each and every one of the team.

Cons

The hours can be very long, however it does pay off financially but finding the balance is sometimes tricky. The first year was tough financially whilst building up my desk, however the second year I have doubled my previous salary easily.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your staff and grow the business as discussed. With the team you have at the moment (management and staff) you are in a great place to grow.

7. "Great Team to work with!"

I have been working at CG Consultants part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Having worked for CG for over 6 years I think it is a great company to work for. CG has always been very accommodating to my work life balance and my role has changed gaining more responsibility over the years. It's a great team and environment to work in.

Cons

The Frimley road doesn't offer a lot to do on my lunch break, however with either Camberley town centre or a couple of Parks a short drive away it's not hard to get out and make the most of my break!

Advice to Management

Continuing to support all members of the office to remain happy in their roles and progress in the future.

8. "Great atmosphere but professional"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant

I have been working at CG Consultants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere within the teams and approachable management
    Amazing career progression - currently studying for a diploma with the company
    Always look forward to turning up to work

Cons

Social media presence and technology not at its best but there is an extensive plan to correct this
    Not as central as it could be but Camberley town centre is only a five minute drive away

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to their staff's needs and to maintain the drive of the company and enthusiasm of its employees

9. "A good employer with excellent opportunites"

I have been working at CG Consultants full-time

Pros

Having worked at CG full time for many years I can honestly say it is an excellent place to work. A professional team, excellent client relationships and a much improving work environment make it an excellent employer in the Camberley area. With big plans for growth and increasing investment and incentives, CG is progressing well.

Cons

The frimley road is not the most exciting place to work. The recruitment sector is also fiercely competitive so working for CG requires a resilient and competitive nature

10. "Has given me a very good career to date with flexibility and excellent atmosphere"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camberley, England

I have been working at CG Consultants full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

CG has offered me the chance to progress and has given me an excellent insight into the world of recruitment. I work with excellent people and it is always a pleasure to come to work.

Cons

Need to ensure they keep up with modern technology. Things are moving in right direction though!

Advice to Management

Continue to work with staff and it will grow significantly