CIPHR Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.7
CIPHR Owner Christopher Berry
Christopher Berry

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Fast paced, great people and strong culture!"

I have been working at CIPHR full-time

Pros

CIPHR has a great culture and a genuine desire by almost everyone I’ve met to help each other out. Given how many smart and ambitious people there are, there is very collaborative and inclusive approach to working together which is refreshing!

Other pros:
    - The work is fast paced, and you are given lots of responsibility from day one
    - Very focussed on investing and supporting personal development
    - Great career opportunities
    - Interesting clients with a wide exposure to a range of businesses / industries.
    - Everyone appears very passionate about their jobs

The benefits package is one of the most impressive ones I’ve seen for an SME including pension, good holiday, PMI / dental / cashback, PHI, life insurance, childcare vouchers, loans etc. Very competitive for a business of that size.

Cons

Generally few and far between! There are very high standards, and everyone is pushed to do more / better. Most of the time it is highly motivating, and whilst there is a degree of flexibility, intensive hours and work patterns go hand in hand with the desire for excellence in client delivery.

Advice to Management

Continue to maintain a really encouraging atmosphere at every level to drive change.

25 Sep 2018 – CIPHR HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at CIPHR; it's fantastic to hear that they are so positive and that you are enjoying working here so much.

2. "Challenging but in a good way!"

I have been working at CIPHR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CIPHR is growing so it’s a great time to be here!

Very friendly staff members who are willing to help.

A great employee benefits package.

Cons

No onsite parking which is frustrating in the mornings.

Company is split over two offices which are minutes apart.

Communication to clients could improve massively. Especially when an issue arises and nearly every user calls into the Service Desk to report it.

Advice to Management

Get one office for everyone with onsite parking and big enough to have a nice lunch/break out area.

There are staff members with great ideas especially from previous working experience, find a way to listen to their ideas and reward the best ideas.

Put in processes to notify clients when an issue arises to avoid strain on the Service Desk.

26 Nov 2018 – CIPHR HR

Thank you for taking the time to review CIPHR and share your positive experiences and thoughts on what we could do better.

We are always looking for ways to improve our communications to clients... More

3. "A organization that stands out from the crowd"

I have been working at CIPHR full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

CIPHR is a company that is completely committed to it's value and mission. CIPHR invests heavily in its people, innovation, new product development, and increasing channel partnerships with CIPHR Connect. The people are amazing to work with, and really make you feel welcome as a new starter. All it's functions work in collaboration with each other.

CIPHR are brilliant at communicating and recognising & rewarding employees.

Chris Berry our CEO is the most sweetest CEO I have ever worked with operating with an open door policy, and always has time for you. Everyone sits in the same floor so no hierarchical divides like you see in most organisations.

Phil King - Head of Sales bleeds blue- he is true CIPHR, he is a committed and passionate about getting the best out of his team and in achieving outstanding sales results, and invests his time heavily with each and everyone of us.

Simply love this place!

Cons

Wish there was onsite parking

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your people, and NPD

13 Sep 2018 – CIPHR HR

Many thanks for your review; it’s great to hear that you enjoy working at CIPHR so much.

"Excellent place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlow, England

I have been working at CIPHR full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people and company culture. CIPHR care about the employees, customers and prospects. This is why it is so enjoyable. We have challenging goals and brilliant rewards for achieving them. Each team contains experts who are always willing to support and help others, whilst learning from the newest recruits because you can learn something from everyone! Our product is continually evolving to enable us to help our customers/prospects more and more. CIPHR really is all about people and making us feel valued.

Cons

Minimal if any- CIPHR is a fast paced dynamic organisation. It is therefore a highly challenging but highly satisfying place to work. If you love a challenge, relish variety and want oodles of opportunity to succeed it is the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating to staff about what's happening and why, what you need from them and continue to help them with how they do it.

13 Sep 2018 – CIPHR HR

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about CIPHR, and for highlighting some of the brilliant reasons that make CIPHR an enjoyable and rewarding place to work.

5. "Great place to work!"

I worked at CIPHR full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company culture, lovely colleagues, interesting and varied work, good work-life balance and flexibility.

Cons

No parking, no company bonuses.

17 Sep 2018 – CIPHR HR

Many thanks for your review; it’s great to hear that you enjoy the people and work at CIPHR.

"Losing touch with the HR world"

I have been working at CIPHR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some really great people working here, unfortunately the best are taken advantage of and overworked or underpaid with too much expected of them.

Cons

Development team have some really great ideas in terms of how they want to move the product forward, but with the aim to make future development and configuration easier without really considering the needs of HR teams across the client base. The development team were worked to the bone over Christmas for a new version of the software which was released a couple of months ago and it completely fell over. The developers and testers have no HR knowledge or experience and therefore can't apply any of this context when releasing a new version of the software, causing utter chaos when a live release takes place and account management, service desk and project delivery need to pick up the pieces because basic functionality no longer works.

The sales team are highly valued and have a great head of sales leading them, but you won't get this kind of support in any other team. CIPHR work on the basis of 'sell it now and work out how to deliver it later' which puts an incredible amount of pressure on other teams.

Advice to Management

Senior management need to get their head out of the clouds that we are one of the best providers out there and companies are falling over each other to use our HR software, it couldn't be further from the truth.

They need to focus on retaining what they have, both customers and us employees, rather than keep pushing for more and more sales at a pace that the rest of the business are incapable of keeping up with. Appreciate that growth can be a difficult time, but appropriate support is not being given and key managers are not being listened to by senior management to understand where the issues lie. If they aren't being told that everything is wonderful, they don't want to hear it.

13 Sep 2018 – Content marketing editor

Thanks for taking the time to share your feelings about working at CIPHR. It is disappointing to read such feedback and naturally we are concerned that you haven’t felt able to discuss these issues... More

"Happy and excited to keep working here"

Current Employee - Account Development Manager
    Current Employee - Account Development Manager

I have been working at CIPHR full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- very friendly atmosphere
    - lovely and like-minded employees
    - many opportunities
    - training and development is encouraged
    - flexible within boundaries
    - great location (so much good food)

Cons

- no parking
    No cons about the company or work - I am really enjoying my employment here!

Advice to Management

If there is a possibility to help employees with parking that would be good

17 Sep 2018 – CIPHR HR

Thank you for your review, great to hear you're enjoying your time here.

"Great culture, going places!!"

I have been working at CIPHR full-time

Pros

Friendly, open, collaborative culture
    Sincere in their approach to customer service
    Decent benefits
    Meritocracy
    Great location

Cons

I haven't found any so far, in addition to the above, staff attrition is really low in all departments - must be good!

Advice to Management

Growing the company so fast may cause some issues, look out for these and tackle them, you have the engagement of the people

17 Sep 2018 – CIPHR HR

Thank you for your review, great to hear you're enjoying your time here.

"Fantastic company to work for, fantastic growth, exciting company and a warm, working environment!"

Current Employee - Service Delivery/Second Line Analyst in Maidenhead, England
    Current Employee - Service Delivery/Second Line Analyst in Maidenhead, England

I have been working at CIPHR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Warmth of the office. The employees have made me feel extremely welcome. You are included from day 1. The growth of the company seems to be never ending, especially at this current time. Employment is high and our client base is growing significantly. There is a great sense of excitement working for CIPHR. Opportunities to progress, onsite training, great benefits and a wonderful family vibe. I feel priveledged to say I work for CIPHR.

Cons

None....currently ;) I find it hard to say anything negative. There is nothing to say...

17 Sep 2018 – CIPHR HR

Great to hear you're enjoying the CIPHR life, I found exactly the same about being included from day 1.

"Great working environment"

Current Employee - Project Delivery in Marlow, England
    Current Employee - Project Delivery in Marlow, England

I have been working at CIPHR full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Having now worked for CIPHR for a number of years, I have had the privileged of seeing year on year the growth and positive future that CIPHR is working towards. CIPHR see's all members of the team as true assets to the business. They provide up to date and ongoing training and encourage open thinking. Work /life balance are important to most, and CIPHR i feel, have this spot on.

Cons

Strangely, i find it difficult to find any Cons in working for CIPHR.

24 Jul 2017 – Marketing Executive