CLC World Resorts & Hotels Holiday Consultant Reviews

Updated 14 Jan 2020

1. "Best Job Ever"

Current Employee - Holiday Consultant in London, England

I have been working at CLC World Resorts & Hotels full-time for more than a year

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere, great product, meeting nice clients. (The man who built the Iron Throne was cool). Working in the centre of London, nice office, fair and supportive leadership. Good pay, short working days. Only homework is finding out about nice places to visit around the world, discounted holidays.

Cons

The ups and downs, commission based so money is not guaranteed. Can be a bit competitive for this reason, but to be expected in sales.

Continue reading
  2. "GREAT PLACE TO WORK!!"

Current Employee - Holiday Representative in Milton Keynes, England

I have been working at CLC World Resorts & Hotels full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Training is given as and when needed - Management are very hands on with staff - You get in what you put out

Cons

- Sometimes you may struggle to find a work/life balance - Can be quite cut throat at times

3. "Great opportunity"

Current Employee - Holiday Consultant in Mayfair, England

Pros

You don't have to look for clients or follow up with them, you are just handed opportunities to sell daily so if you are focused and work hard you will earn very good money. As a consultant you are basically employed to have fun and talk about holidays and you don't have to take any work home or work any extra hours. The management will always help if you are making an effort to improve and you can learn so much here. I have seen several people promoted from within in the past year so there is potential for that too for those who are performing well.

Cons

You need a strong mind, it's not easy to always be positive and the environment doesn't help sometimes but that's the same in any sales job. You have to work weekends and might get sworn at a bit...

4. "Take the opportunity"

Current Employee - Holiday Consultant in Mayfair, England

Pros

Working in CLC will enable you not only to expand the vision of your clients when it comes to holidaying but also your own. It reminds you that just because you live in the UK it doesn't mean you have to be bound to the routine of work, stress and fulfilling family "obligations". As you speak to clients you get to see how you could potentially work around your own schedule to treat yourself to an amazing holiday without having to put your priorities aside. Management are extremely helpful, always on your side and will ensure you achieve your targets be it daily, weekly or monthly. Not to mention the money? Insane! What most people get on a monthly basis you can make in one day. You have to be focused, eventually you are awarded with bonuses for you commitment and etc.

Cons

When you don't reach your target it's hard to keep positive, everyone is achieving their targets and you feel behind; however you're always looked out for to ensure you hit your target be it through 1-1 training, change of managers etc. Clients can be unpredictable, you have to be able to read them, many will lie and at the end you can find yourself in a sticky situation. You have to be on top of the game. Another downside is working on the weekends. If you're shy and lack confidence I would suggest you think twice before joining, however you have the chance of coming in and see if you like it before you join us - this is done by quietly observing one of the consultants interacting with the clients and see how they manage throughout the presentation including dealing and handling objections.

5. ".."

Current Contractor - Holiday Advisor in London, England

I have been working at CLC World Resorts & Hotels for less than a year

Pros

Potential to make good money.. great location

Cons

Have to work weekends.. commission only so you must be self motivated.

6. "Awesome travel company to work for!"

Current Employee - Holiday Consultant in London, England

Pros

- Potential sales leads are given to you, lots of opportunities to make money. - Fantastic working environment, coworkers are great with plenty of friendly competition and managers are chilled out and helpful. - Pay is very fair, the more effort you put in the more money you will make. - Always opportunities for progression and advancement, the best of the best go onwards and upwards.

Cons

- You have to work weekends (though I'm used to that through my previous jobs).

"Don't do it!"

Holiday Consultant in London, England

I worked at CLC World Resorts & Hotels for less than a year

Pros

Nice co-workers and a great product to sell

Cons

new management are back stabbing scum

8. "LIES LIES LIES"

Former Freelancer - Holiday Consultant in Santa Cruz de Tenerife

I worked at CLC World Resorts & Hotels for less than a year

Pros

no pro sorry, only bad experiences

Cons

stay away from them

CLC World Resorts & Hotels Response

January 20, 2020Human Resources Recruitment & Development

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your time at CLC World. I'm sorry you didn't have a great experience during your time here. Regarding your ‘Advice to Management’, we strongly deny that we write fake reviews on any site. All reviews, whether customer or staff, are genuine and reflect the individual’s experience. Furthermore, our business is closely regulated by the FCA and RDO, and there are no instances of “cheating”. We wish you the best in your career.

"Racist, homophobic, xenophobic management."

Holiday Consultant (Sales!) in Fuengirola

I worked at CLC World Resorts & Hotels

Pros

The best commissions and clients in La costa del Sol. Clients are given randomly. No favoritism.

Cons

Managers believe they are Alec Bawling in Glengarry Gelenn Rose movie. Middle eastern representatives will be called "terrorist camels", LGBT people will be calle "faggets". The managers insult the representatives loud and publicly in every morning meetings. Disrespectful, antiprofesional and probably illegal and anti-constitutional. Every month there is new people because nobody can stand working 6 days a week in 10 hours shift.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 9 reviews