CMC Markets Reviews

Found 124 of over 136 reviews

3.3
CMC Markets Executive Chairman  Peter Cruddas
Peter Cruddas
Pros
  • "Great colleagues and work life balance(in 23 reviews)

• "Generally good people, alright culture(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Career progression may be limited due to limited growth in non-HQ offices(in 13 reviews)

• "No working from home, even during the Covid19 outbreak(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

A company going places

Oct 12, 2020 - Product Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Without doubt a company that's going places, investing hugely in technology and people Great people in a work and social sense People are empowered

Cons

Currently still fixed desks although that's changing

2 people found this review helpful

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great people, company is going places

Mar 22, 2021 - Business Analyst in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very supportive environment - lots of training

Cons

Very little downside - a good place

3. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Company should be more flexible surrounding working from home

Aug 1, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Hardworking staff all working well and collaborating between the departments to help the company grow and succeed. Good office and location.

Cons

Company really needs to have a far more flexible attitude to working from home and in the office rather than saying we have to come back into the office full time, they will get even more from their staff if they follow what other companies are doing.

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 4.0

Great community

Jun 30, 2021 - Security Engineer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company is packet with friendly intelligent professionals.

Cons

No perm remote and there is a top down push to get all employees in. No negotiation for remote perm.

CMC Markets Response

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Your feedback is fundamental to improving the way we work together and improving our employee experience. We offer an agile working environment & flexible working to help maintained a healthy work-life balance, whilst also recognising the importance of face to face collaboration within the workplace. We are pleased to learn that your experience with CMC Markets has been positive and we wish you continued success with us.

5. 2.0
      Current Employee

Decent working environment but not recommended for qualified individuals

Jun 27, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice colleagues, HQ located in central London.

Cons

No career development, Management not qualified, Long working hours. Micromanagement, cloudy outlooks for the CFDs industry

CMC Markets Response

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Your feedback is fundamental to improving the way we work together and improving our employee experience. We give a great deal of autonomy at CMC and encourage people to shape their own career paths, which the company actively supports through a range of learning & development initiatives. We are sorry to hear about your experience at CMC Markets. We value the opinion of all current and former employees’ so we would be happy to learn more about what specifically we can improve. Please feel free to contact a member of the HR department at any time to discuss further.

6. 3.0

good experience

Jun 22, 2021 - Operations
      Business Outlook

Pros

good location, good work balance

Cons

office building looks old, need better training

7. 1.0
      Current Employee

Dept heads need management training

May 19, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- mostly nice colleagues - short working hours

Cons

- department heads lack management skills - lack of trust and micromanagement - heavy focus on being in the office seemingly due to bullet no 2 - low morale - management speak without listening. This includes performance reviews, it's a one way conversation! - salaries are below market rate

CMC Markets Response

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Your feedback is fundamental to improving the way we work together and improving our employee experience. It is important to us to ensure our workforce is engaged and we are committed to following through on actions identified through feedback. We have many initiatives in place to ensure feedback channels are available as we recognise this is important to improving the way we work together. We are sorry to hear about your experience at CMC Markets. We value the opinion of all current and former employees’ so we would be happy to learn more about what specifically we can improve. Please feel free to contact a member of the HR department at any time to discuss further.

8. 4.0

Apr 20, 2021 - Client Management Executive in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

great people, good base pay

Cons

wider training needed/ more interaction with other teams

CMC Markets Response

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Your feedback is fundamental to improving the way we work together and improving our employee experience. We are pleased to learn that your experience with CMC Markets has been positive and we wish you continued success with us. However, we would be happy to learn more about what specifically we can improve, therefore, please feel free to contact a member of the HR department at any time to discuss further.

9. 4.0

Collaborative and innovative environment

Nov 5, 2020 - Current Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- definitely the friendly people. the support from colleagues and managers through covid have been great, and we have gotten lots of flexibility on working from home or the office, with substantial measures in the office to keep it a safe environment for the ones that prefer to be in. - autonomy and variation in your role, and scope to grow which makes it exciting. There is also much trust from management to do your job, and not being micro managed, but rather trusting your skills and experience. - great successes and a culture for innovation and technology, with exciting projects in pipeline that makes you feel a part of a journey and a company that is going places.

Cons

- the package over all is great, even though the salaries are not the highest in the market. The role and environment definitely makes it worth it though.

2 people found this review helpful

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good company to work for

Oct 14, 2020 - General Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked for CMC for over a year now and have found the environment engaging, challenging and rewarding. Like any City firm it’s demanding but unlike other City environments its fair and understanding in its approach. The business is growing making significant investments in people and systems across both the front and back office. The office is open with all the requirements in place to provide a Covid safe environment. Those employees needing to work remotely are supported to do so but equally I prefer to work from an office to give space between my work and home life. Personally, I would struggle in a firm that was not supporting employees to return to office.

Cons

Very few so far. Career options may be limited by the firms size but there is scope to move laterally and there is support for formal training if needed

3 people found this review helpful

HR Team

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Your feedback is fundamental to improving the way we work together and improving our employee experience. We give a great deal of autonomy at CMC and encourage people to shape their own career paths, which, (as you mentioned) the company actively supports through a range of learning and development initiatives. We are pleased to learn that your experience with CMC Markets has been positive and we wish you continued success with us.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 124 Reviews