CMC Markets Reviews

3.4
CMC Markets Executive Chairman  Peter Cruddas
Peter Cruddas
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. Featured Review

"A company going places"

Current Employee - Product Manager in London, England

I have been working at CMC Markets full-time for less than a year

Pros

Without doubt a company that's going places, investing hugely in technology and people Great people in a work and social sense People are empowered

Cons

Currently still fixed desks although that's changing

December 17, 2020HR Team

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Your feedback is fundamental to improving the way we work together and improving our employee experience. We are pleased to learn that your experience with CMC Markets has been positive and we wish you continued success with us.

2. COVID-19

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in London, England

I have been working at CMC Markets full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Good work-life balance - Decent pay - Transformation team is ambitious and keeps growing - HR are making an effort to listen to employees - Allowed to work from home during lockdown - Free doughnuts on CEO's birthday - Despite not being able to have a Christmas party, HR are making the effort to come up with an alternative - Good reputation i.e haven't been fined by the FCA yet

Cons

- New joiner onboarding could be improved. Depending on what team you join, can take a while to get up to speed - Access request approvals could be quicker - Diversity could be improved - Can sometimes feel disconnected from the overall company vision

3. COVID-19

"motivating work experience"

Current Employee - Compliance Officer in London, England

I have been working at CMC Markets full-time for more than a year

Pros

cmc markets offer to work in a very professional environment with highly experienced people.

Cons

Covid situation could have been handled with more transparency

January 26, 2021HR Team

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Your feedback is fundamental to improving the way we work together and improving our employee experience. We are pleased to learn that your experience with CMC Markets has mostly been positive and we wish you continued success with us.

4. "Good company to work for"

Former Employee - Data Analyst in London, England

I worked at CMC Markets full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Clear direction Good benefits Company is looking to grow and not stagnant

Cons

Could get stuck dealing with legacy systems and BAU and not enough time to improve said systems

March 1, 2021

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Your feedback is fundamental to improving the way we work together and improving our employee experience. It is important to us to ensure our workforce is engaged and we are committed to following through on actions identified through feedback. We have many initiatives in place to ensure feedback channels are available as we recognise this is important to improving the way we work together. We are pleased to learn that your experience with CMC Markets was positive and we wish you continued success in your future endeavours.

5. COVID-19

"Collaborative and innovative environment"

Current Employee - Current Employee in London, England

I have been working at CMC Markets full-time for less than a year

Pros

- definitely the friendly people. the support from colleagues and managers through covid have been great, and we have gotten lots of flexibility on working from home or the office, with substantial measures in the office to keep it a safe environment for the ones that prefer to be in. - autonomy and variation in your role, and scope to grow which makes it exciting. There is also much trust from management to do your job, and not being micro managed, but rather trusting your skills and experience. - great successes and a culture for innovation and technology, with exciting projects in pipeline that makes you feel a part of a journey and a company that is going places.

Cons

- the package over all is great, even though the salaries are not the highest in the market. The role and environment definitely makes it worth it though.

6. COVID-19

"Good company to work for"

Current Employee - General Manager in London, England

I have been working at CMC Markets full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have worked for CMC for over a year now and have found the environment engaging, challenging and rewarding. Like any City firm it’s demanding but unlike other City environments its fair and understanding in its approach. The business is growing making significant investments in people and systems across both the front and back office. The office is open with all the requirements in place to provide a Covid safe environment. Those employees needing to work remotely are supported to do so but equally I prefer to work from an office to give space between my work and home life. Personally, I would struggle in a firm that was not supporting employees to return to office.

Cons

Very few so far. Career options may be limited by the firms size but there is scope to move laterally and there is support for formal training if needed

December 17, 2020HR Team

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Your feedback is fundamental to improving the way we work together and improving our employee experience. We give a great deal of autonomy at CMC and encourage people to shape their own career paths, which, (as you mentioned) the company actively supports through a range of learning and development initiatives. We are pleased to learn that your experience with CMC Markets has been positive and we wish you continued success with us.

7. COVID-19

"Dont bother joining unless you are a friend of the CTO"

2.0
    Current Employee - Unspecified in London, England

I have been working at CMC Markets full-time for less than a year

Pros

The salary and benefits are good.

Cons

No working from home, even during the Covid19 outbreak. Disorganised company, will many layers of management adding little value. The company is undergoing a technology "transformation" which us a good thing, but unfortunately this is being undertaken entirely by the mates of the new CTO. So if you aren't one of Brendan's buddies, its not worth joining as you will soon be dead wood.

Continue reading

December 17, 2020HR Team

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Your feedback is fundamental to improving the way we work together and improving our employee experience. We value our people and talent acquisition at CMC Markets and operate a fair and transparent recruitment process with all roles advertised internally before the release on our website and LinkedIn page. We aim to promote cross training and knowledge sharing across the business, creating an open environment leading to potential development opportunities. We are sorry to hear about your experience at CMC Markets. We value the opinion of all current and former employees. Please feel free to contact a member of the HR department at any time to discuss further - hr.inbox@cmcmarkets.com

8. COVID-19

"Horrible company hiding Covid cases in the office"

1.0
    Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in London, England

I have been working at CMC Markets full-time for less than a year

Pros

- work life balance - finally working from home again

Cons

- Disgusting company to work for. Two weeks ago we were told that one person in the office tested positive to Covid-19....did they tell us to work from home? NO. We were asked to continue going to the office. What if other people got infected? What if those people infected more people while commuting? That’s so irresponsible! You should be ashamed of the way you handled this pandemic! - senior management is ridiculous. They don’t even know what they’re doing

December 17, 2020HR Team

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Your feedback is fundamental to improving the way we work together and improving our employee experience. We value face to face collaboration and have worked hard to ensure our office is safe for employees to return to work. We have strictly followed government guidelines and protocol to ensure the office is a Covid-secure workplace as well as carrying out regular risk-assessments. We also appreciate individual circumstances and concerns. With the support of line managers and HR, we have offered a range of remote working scenarios whether that be a combination of office and home working or working from home full time during this difficult period. We are sorry to hear about your experience at CMC Markets. We value the opinion of all current and former employees. Please feel free to contact a member of the HR department at any time to discuss further - hr.inbox@cmcmarkets.com

"A fantastic 4 years, wish I had stayed more"

Former Employee - MLRO in London, England

I worked at CMC Markets full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Heavily invests in technology. The majority owner and CEO is always in, talks to everyone on the floor, approachable. Not a lot of turnover. International outlook. Tone from the top on compliance and regulatory matters was very good. The CEO listens. Salary was very competitive in my field, and I received shares in the IPO.

Cons

A lot of former employees on here have mentioned lack of career progression, however this is a medium size company and moving vertically is not really easy, not many senior management roles available. Having said that I have seen plenty of examples where individuals progressed, including the DMLRO who became MLRO on my recommendation; the current CFO was promoted to the role; sales head who became head of German office... if you put yourself forward, they will back you. It is a little old school (eg flexi working is not encouraged) but this is changing. I was personally allowed to work 2 days a week from home.

10. COVID-19

"Poor response to COVID-19"

2.0

I worked at CMC Markets full-time

Pros

Interesting and challenging work for someone new to the industry. Friendly colleagues. Good work/life balance. Good salary.

Cons

Poor response to COVID-19. They are willing to risk their employee's (and people they live with's) health in order to have people come into the office every single day, when they have been perfectly productive working from home for the past few months. They want everyone in the office everyday, when there is no need at all to be taking this risk.

December 17, 2020HR Team

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Your feedback is fundamental to improving the way we work together and improving our employee experience. We value face to face collaboration and have worked hard to ensure our office is safe for employees to return to work. We have strictly followed government guidelines and protocol to ensure the office is a Covid-secure workplace as well as carrying out regular risk-assessments. We also appreciate individual circumstances and concerns. With the support of line managers and HR, we have offered a range of remote working scenarios whether that be a combination of office and home working or working from home full time during this difficult period. We value the opinion of all current and former employees. Please feel free to contact a member of the HR department at any time to discuss further - hr.inbox@cmcmarkets.com

Viewing 1 - 10 of 104 English Reviews