COREnglish Reviews

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,892

960 Comments

Teachers

168K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/teachers/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=COREnglish~2402701
Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good job

Jan 28, 2022 - Home-based Online English Teacher
    Business Outlook

Pros

A good place to start. Good communication with the management and TM's. People show they want to help. They provide training and help you improve with constant feedback.

Cons

COREnglish tries to improve constantly its support to teachers.

2. 4.0

ESL Teacher Review

Jan 11, 2022 - Online ESL Teacher in Cape Town
    Business Outlook

Pros

The management team is of top quality and interacts with their teachers on a regular basis.

Cons

No cons :) - Maybe the payment of the teachers can just be reconsidered.

3. 5.0

I like my job.

Dec 31, 2021 - Online English Teacher
    Business Outlook

Pros

The timetable is very flexible. The teacher managers are always ready to help They pay on time. You don't have to think about the teaching materials.

Cons

My rate is too small. I think it's not bad to start, but in the future I would like to have bigger rate.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing company to work , very understanding and very flexible

Dec 30, 2021 - Online English Teacher in Oxford, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

COREnglish is a nice company to work for with very understanding staff, very flexible schedule that suits you and amazing students. I love all the students I teach and really enjoy working for this company.

Cons

No cons as I am very happy with the flexibility and no limit on the amount of leave you take.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Working for CorEnglish is nothing but a huge pleasure!

Dec 30, 2021 - ESL Teacher in Nelspruit
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Students are a great pleasure! They are the reason I wake up with a smile on my face everyday! They are the reason for my being! I love them and working with them is a passion! - Management and customer service is top-notch! They're always friendly and ready to help with absolutely anything at any time! They are lovely! Especially Mr. Edwin, Miss. Shekinah and Miss. Lynch! Fellow teachers are awesome! They're always friendly, willing to help with anything even if it means just lending an ear! They always give THE best advise and tries their best to help with any situation!

Cons

- Penalties are quite extreme and makes me feel very anxious, nervous and scared to make any mistakes even if it might be something that's out of my control, for example, weather affecting the signal etc. (Even though I haven't made any mistakes so far I still feel anxious that I might have a slip somewhere and that I'll then have to pay 80$ + as a penalty even though class rate is $3 per class.)

6. 5.0

COREnglish Online Teaching

Dec 24, 2021 - Online ESL Teacher in Johannesburg
    Business Outlook

Pros

I like that the lesson materials are assigned to the students. No stress to find suitable lessons or lesson materials. Also, an easy platform to work with and an amazing support structure.

Cons

The penalties are quite high for serious offenses, this is understandable though. But the admins are also understanding in emergency situations.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good job conditions

Dec 23, 2021 - English Teacher in Tuxedo Park, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The timetable is flexible. The teacher managers are so helpful and well-mannered. They pay on time. Yo don't have to design the teaching materials. Most students are nice and polite.

Cons

The salary is not too high. Other companies pay higher hour rates.

8. 5.0

L♥️Ve CorEnglish

Dec 23, 2021 - Online ESL Teacher
    Business Outlook

Pros

*You’ll get a full sechedule if you are a reliable teacher ** Super easy and convinient teaching platfrom *** lesson materials are provided ****almost 90% of the students are all well-mannered ***** non native teachers are also welcome ****** very helpful and supportive staff, they are great people (Especially Edwin and Shekinah) ******* on time payment Overall, a great company to work with if you can maintain a fixed schedule and work hard and more importantly, if you love teaching English to kids. :)

Cons

*The penatlies are a bit huge though I haven’t got any penalties so far :) **Salary is not competitive for non-native teachers even if they have years of experience(in my case, I have been teaching English for over 8 years, got. TESOL on my hands but wasn’t able to get a raise even after working pretty well for months) ***you can’t close your slots if they haven’t booked yet though you can close them with the permission in case of an emergencey.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Relaxed environment to work in. Flexible of different teaching styles. Enjoy teaching.

Dec 23, 2021 - ESL Teacher in Santa Rosa de Copán
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good Comunication Structure. Fast, kind, acceptable answers to your questions. Excellent Trainigs sessions

Cons

Update some of their manuals.

10. 3.0

TReliable company

Dec 23, 2021 - Online English Teacher in Johannesburg
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company consistently has students and classes for you. They do give bonuses based on number of lessons.

Cons

The pay is very low per hour..

Viewing 1 - 10 of 24 Reviews

COREnglish Reviews FAQs

COREnglish has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5, based on over 41 reviews left anonymously by employees. 100% of employees would recommend working at COREnglish to a friend and 100% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, COREnglish employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at COREnglish. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

100% of COREnglish employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated COREnglish 4.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.5 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with COREnglish Job Seekers