CSI (Computer Systems Institute) Employee Reviews about "international students"

Updated 19 Oct 2020

4.6
CSI (Computer Systems Institute) CEO Julia Lowder
Julia Lowder
Pros
  • "It is very welcoming work environment(in 9 reviews)

• "I provide a student-centric teaching approach to enhance international students with their technology skills and job opportunities(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Low pay for required work and admin items(in 5 reviews)

• "No organization, unreasonable work schedules, poor management, high turnover(in 5 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "international students"

Return to all Reviews
  1. COVID-19

"Camaraderie, Cooperation, International Environment, Service-Oriented"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at CSI (Computer Systems Institute) full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you are a positive, initiative-taking team-player with flexibility, a good sense of humor, and a strong degree of cultural awareness, you will enjoy working here and we would love to have you, especially if you like to see the difference you are making in an organization and in students’ lives. We have a talented, dedicated and diverse team of faculty and staff in Massachusetts and work together very well here and with colleagues in the schools and office in Illinois. It’s an interesting mix of advising and assisting international students from dozens of countries, coaching faculty, developing curriculum and new initiatives, planning, and administrative work. Every day is different. The company has been conscientiously working hard to improve communication between departments, processes and systems, and staff and student support. I have seen the attitude of collaboration steadily increasing in the year I have been with the company. When COVID hit, the challenge brought the campuses together even more. We managed to train staff and transition successfully to online instruction within a few weeks. Benefits are great and insurance premiums are very reasonable.

Cons

Because we are supporting adult students, many of whom study in the evenings or on the weekends, the schedule is not 8 - 5, M - F, which could be a con for some. That said, workdays and schedules are regular.

"Engaging Work"

4.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CSI (Computer Systems Institute) part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

As an Adjunct Instructor I apply my professional expertise in teaching a variety of business career courses and have a flexible work schedule. I provide a student-centric teaching approach to enhance international students with their technology skills and job opportunities.

Cons

More full time employment opportunities.

"Very unprofessional and disorganized"

1.0
    Current Employee - Skill Building Progrma Instrucotr in Skokie, IL

I have been working at CSI (Computer Systems Institute) part-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice people overall, nice international students

Cons

Everything else. Organization is horrible. They change the hours every 5 weeks and sometimes forget to ask you for your schedule. They pretend like they care about the students and teachers but they are willing to sacrifice anything that saves them more money. The administrators don't have backgrounds in education and are all inept to teaching methods, but they try to incorporate teaching methods that they don't even know how to use. Literally everything is a mess. I wouldn't recommend this job unless you are looking for something to get you by. Administrators change often. So do rules. They always ask for more and more but still pay you around $20 hour. You might get a 10 cent raise after a year if you're lucky. This is part time, but they just keep hiring part time workers instead of giving their current staff hours. It makes no sense and comes from their disorganization.

4. "Adjunct Instructor"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

Pros

Friendly staff Very interesting international students

Cons

Difficult to work weekends and evenings

Continue reading

"Tons of opportunity for growth and entrepreneurial environment"

I have been working at CSI (Computer Systems Institute) full-time

Pros

• People are great. Staff is very committed to helping students at all levels as well as each other • Truly value a nontraditional education experience for international students and those fresh new solutions. No cookie cutters here! • Lots of opportunity for growth for those who work hard • Management is friendly and approachable, an open door culture • Collaborative environment, when new projects or processes come about

Cons

• Highly regulated industry • Changes in global politics may effect long term growth opportunities for international education • Culture is very much like that of a startup, if you are not comfortable with change and sometimes doing things outside of your original job description you will probably not be successful

"The best company I've ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

I have been working at CSI (Computer Systems Institute) full-time

Pros

- Teamwork. My coworkers and management are very professional and always there for you; - Career Growth. Here at CSI you have a chance to realize yourself and everyone will be happy to help you build your career: -Support, CSI cares about their employees; -It is just fun to work with international students, you have a chance to learn cultural differences and traditions. There is much more good things to say about CSI, you will love it!

Cons

- There is nothing to complain about - great company, great people.

"Campus Manager"

Former Employee - Campus Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at CSI (Computer Systems Institute) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked for CSI on Massachusetts campus for 4 years. I can attest that this is a unique school where students get highly qualified teachers, one-on-one tutoring, and personal attention from school personnel. International students being away from family consider this school not only a place for education but also a home away from home. Beside ESL, many programs are created so that international students can acquire professional skills and able to practice in real business environment at work. CSI provide newest technology, spacious classes and labs where every student has a place with computer. Teachers are provided with best technology and full attention and support from corporation. An insignificant error has been made and immediately fixed many years ago and now unjustly blown way out of proportions. It’s terribly shameful that unscrupulous people immediately joined in the witch hunt and slandered the very people that put heart and soul into developing this great school. Unfortunately the most vulnerable and needy population of students will also suffer from consequences of this prosecution.

Cons

Cannot think of any cons

"I worked at CSI (Computer Systems Institute) full-time (more than 1 year)"

1.0

I worked at CSI (Computer Systems Institute)

Pros

I worked for CSI in a Massachusetts campus for over 1 year. I can say if you ever get a chance to research the facts, this is the cheapest ticket and unfortunately a sort of bus stop, for international students who want to legitimately come and stay in the United States. The teachers make all the difference. Most of the working staff lower than management are friendly and willing to help students and other workers be successful. The old saying, “Actions speak louder than words” apply here. Restricting past actions of errors made and making a goal of thinking just by saying in unlike ways sorry will not be enough to change the many lives hurt, nor a rally of bias that will take place regarding any future learning of those who need it most.

Cons

Total lack of respect for people with intelligence and work-life balance. There is an abundance of bullying. Even though management will provide materials on company transparency, again actions speak louder than words. Once an employee’s weakness is found, it will be acted out in mock displays and even used for self-gain and to keep a position. Most employees are searching for another job. When an employee leaves, and this happens almost monthly, it takes two or more employees to replace the one that left. Pay is low for all positions. If you ever worked for a company and wondered how he or she became the boss, here you will get the chance to know.

Viewing 1 - 7 of 8 English Reviews