CSI (Computer Systems Institute) Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated 20 Oct 2020

4.6
CSI (Computer Systems Institute) CEO Julia Lowder
Julia Lowder
Pros
  • "It is very welcoming work environment(in 9 reviews)

• "I provide a student-centric teaching approach to enhance international students with their technology skills and job opportunities(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Low pay for required work and admin items(in 5 reviews)

• "No organization, unreasonable work schedules, poor management, high turnover(in 5 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews

"CSI is great place to work and growth!"

I have been working at CSI (Computer Systems Institute) full-time

Pros

Amazing work culture. Work environment is healthy in all way. Friendly atmosphere to work at CSI. Great team and amazing team work. The management team always ready to help and you can rely on them. You can gain a lot of experience, it is a great place for growth opportunities and learn.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of.

"Sales and Marketing Instructor"

Current Employee - Adjunct Skills Instructor in Charlestown, MA

I have been working at CSI (Computer Systems Institute) part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great working environment, proactive staff, unmatched cultural and educational experience with diverse student body. Free to express any ideas that is aimed towards educational advancement.

Cons

Very pleased, I am looking forward to the future!

"Comfortable Working Environment"

Current Employee - Student Affairs Advisor in Worcester, MA

I have been working at CSI (Computer Systems Institute) full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice and Helpful co-workers International student body comfortable working environment

Cons

No complaint from this position.

"Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Boston, MA

I have been working at CSI (Computer Systems Institute) part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have been teaching part-time at CSI for 5 years. It is very welcoming work environment. I get academic support from management and colleagues. Students come from many different country so you can expose yourself a diverse academic atmosphere.

Cons

In my opinion, it has none.

"Great Working Environment"

Current Employee - Academic Dean in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CSI (Computer Systems Institute) full-time

Pros

CSI is centered around working as a team and fosters personal connections. The working environment is empowering, comfortable, flexible and positive. CSI has a great supportive culture that offers mutual support, promotes trust, and ensures that employees know their work is meaningful. My colleagues at CSI are supportive, reliable and have high work ethics.

Cons

Salary is very low relative to industry average

6. COVID-19

"Great Academic Institution"

• Diversity & Inclusion

Pros

I have enjoyed working with CSI to support the development and success of our students . It is a very supportive and diverse work environment.

Cons

Working for an academic institution during the pandemic has introduced its challenges but hasn't changed my believe that this is a great place to work.

7. "Get Experience and Get Out"

No Opinion of CEO

Pros

My colleagues are great and the benefits are good. I have at least 10 days of paid vacation (with unused days rolled over), 12.5 to 17 paid personal/sick days, reasonably priced insurance which includes dental, and a friendly work environment. The students usually have a great energy to be around.

Cons

There is not much upward mobility within the company. Corporate usually does not listen to the people who are front-facing and working with students on a daily basis when it concerns changes to policy and procedures. There is a lot of pretense on calls because the decision has already been made, but we are all on a call to make it seem like they cared about our input.

"adjunct instructor"

Adjunct ESL Instructor * Present in Sharon, MA

I have been working at CSI (Computer Systems Institute) for less than a year

Pros

This is a very pleasant work environment.

Cons

Wish the pay was higher.

"Admissions Representative"

Current Employee - Admissions Representative in Gurnee, IL

I have been working at CSI (Computer Systems Institute) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Challenging/rewarding, good pay/benefits, opportunity to advance, positive work environment. CSI has truly given me the opportunity I have been looking for in a company to build my career with. I put in a lot of extra time/effort, but it's by choice and because I want to be successful. The field in general is not for everybody.

Cons

The job can be stressful at times, but that should be expected with any kind of sales position.

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.