Cabana Brasilian Barbecues Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Cabana Brasilian Barbecues Reviews

Updated Sep 30, 2019

Found 13 reviews

3.1
Cabana Brasilian Barbecues CEO Jamie Barber (no image)
Jamie Barber
  1. "No complaints"

I worked at Cabana Brasilian Barbecues part-time

Pros

They are flexible with working hours, the managers do what they can to make sure everyone is happy with their shifts, good employees get recognition.

Cons

The team does not always work well together, lack of communication was a constant problem between people, dealing with customer's complaints is not always easy.

Advice to Management

Nothing in particular, it is a good place to work overall and I have enjoyed being part of their team.

Cabana Brasilian Barbecues2017-02-28

March 7, 2017HR Administrator

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed your time in the Cabana family- thanks and all the best in your future endeavours :-)

2. "Good company"

Former Employee - Supervisor

I worked at Cabana Brasilian Barbecues part-time for more than a year

Pros

Family style work enviroment and fun

Cons

Long-hours and short breaks at times

Cabana Brasilian Barbecues2019-09-30
  3. "Great environment to learn"

I have been working at Cabana Brasilian Barbecues

Pros

Great atmosphere at work, great people

Cons

Hard to manage both full time work with full time studies

Cabana Brasilian Barbecues2018-05-12

June 21, 2018HR Administrator

Hi there and thanks SO much for your review! Glad to hear you enjoy being a part of our Familia :) all the best! Hannah

4. "Shake your tail feathers"

I have been working at Cabana Brasilian Barbecues full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I work in Cabana very long time and started as bar staff, moved very quickly up to management. Place to grow fast and learn. Not a formal restaurant-more place with spirit for people with personality that allows you to really be yourself and work, but have fun. Food is great (if chefs cares and are passionate about their job not about calling sick with headache) and skewers still makes guests smile. People-... cabana really is place where so many great people works and it is main reason i am still here.

Cons

All hospitality sector suffers now with good staff- very hard to work when turnover is high. As manager i know, even if you give payrise, it will not get people to care more or be lazy. Hard to find reliable employees. Menu-make smaller and get to basics and best sellers. During years I've seen menu growing, but adding items that are not really brasilian. Focus on skewers. Kitchen overall training-need big... attention to get all kitchen care and do food same.

Advice to Management

Focus on best sellers in menu. Invest in training!!

Cabana Brasilian Barbecues2017-10-26

October 30, 2017HR Administrator

Hello! Thanks so much for leaving such a clear review of your time with us at Cabana. I'm delighted to hear some of your comments and your obvious passion for working in our Familia! We have lots of plans in place for the coming months, with particular focus on training, so rest assured this is something we will be looking at very closely! All the best and thanks again for your fabulous feedback, Obrigada! Han

5. "fun company"

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor

I worked at Cabana Brasilian Barbecues full-time for less than a year

Pros

there is a familiar vibe to the company. As it is a small chain it is easy to know staff from each restaurant . When dining in one of the restaurants of the chain you have 50% off food and drinks. The chances of growing in the company are high if you work hard and prove yourself.

Cons

They do not offer staff food . You have to pay , although you have a 75% discount on food on shift. Training programs are not great. High turnover of staff

Advice to Management

Improve training programs.

Cabana Brasilian Barbecues2017-10-15

October 30, 2017HR Administrator

Hello, thanks a bunch for leaving some great feedback. I appreciate your comments and can assure you that training is a focus of ours at present and we have lots of things planned over the coming months. I do wish you all the very best in your future adventures and hope you come and visit us very soon! Best, Han

6. "Mr"

Head Chef in Brixton, London, England

I worked at Cabana Brasilian Barbecues

Pros

good staff great management

Cons

dont have nothing to say bad

Advice to Management

be always happy friendle and always smile

Cabana Brasilian Barbecues2017-06-05

October 30, 2017HR Administrator

Lovely to read your comments and I am delighted that you enjoyed our time in our Familia. All the best in your future adventures!

7. "Used to be so much more"

I have been working at Cabana Brasilian Barbecues

Pros

I cannot really write anything at the moment as Pros. I can say it used to be so much better in everything.

Cons

- Staff is all on minimum wage, including a lot of supervisors. - Payrises given only to the favourites, and when you ask for one ( once a year ) you get categorically told NO. - Upper Management should listen a little bit more to the front line staff, as they are the ones taking it on their skin every day. - Promotion of the wrong people. - Staff is unmotivated and ready to leave. - Staff food has been taken... away from us, and upper management sends emails as such 'staff food cost is too HIGH!' Yes, that is right, the staff that works 13 hours shifts on their feet, paying for their food in their restaurant is wasting too much money. Oh well. - Not to mention the 35 emails per day 'Labour is too high! Salaried work and cover every single shift so you can cut off on the hourly paid!' - The quality of food is gone downhill. Guests complaints about how bad their steaks are, as the cut of meat is really too cheap. ( just to give 1 out of 20 examples ).

Advice to Management

Ops Managers should come to one of the sites and actually work a shift with the front line staff. One double opening ( 11 am ) untill closing ( up to 1 am on fri - sat ); I find it terribly unprofessional to judge a restaurant worker on a minimum wage from a fancy office earning 50K plus a year. Jamie and David you need to open your eyes and send home some people.

Cabana Brasilian Barbecues2017-04-07

April 10, 2017HR Administrator

Hello there, thank you for taking the time to give your feedback and I am sorry to see some of the 'cons' you listed. We have had a lot of changes take place recently so I can understand if some of these things have been difficult to adjust to. I will absolutely ensure Jamie, David and our Operations team have a copy of your comments and wish you all the best in your ongoing career with Cabana. Thanks again, Hannah

8. "Overall Experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

I worked at Cabana Brasilian Barbecues full-time

Pros

Worked there for little less than a year, at the beginning I loved it, they make you feel like you're part of something, and if you do well you spin the wheel so there's a few incentives going on.

Cons

around 6 months into the job it started to go downhill, disorganisation, resignations, change to company policy, constant change to the rota with no warning, rude & bulliyng managers. It just started being horrible going to work. It's clear that as time went by the company became a money focusing monster, demanding a lot and rewarding little.

Advice to Management

Your staff are human so be less agressive and more respectful, stop deceiving and be more truthful, you'll get that back in return

Cabana Brasilian Barbecues2016-12-21

March 7, 2017HR Administrator

Hi there, I'm sorry to read some of your comments regarding your time in our family. We have lots of exciting plans for 2017 and in line with this, will look into the cons you've outlined. Thanks again and all the best in your future! Thanks, Hannah

9. "McDonalds with skewers."

I worked at Cabana Brasilian Barbecues

Pros

staff members are usually nice...

Cons

Food is a joke. Organisation is a joke. Expect to be responsible for at least 15 tables on your section on a busy day. Hope that customers don't get food poisoning. And you HAVE TO PAY FOR YOUR MEALS (WHAT? ) That's right, a restaurant with nO STAFF MEALS, and staff drinks usually last for about two days of the weel, thanks to the generous budget given by head office.

Advice to Management

Payrise. Payrise. Food is free for waiters.

Cabana Brasilian Barbecues2016-12-30

March 27, 2017HR Administrator

Hi there, thanks a bunch for leaving some feedback! I'm sorry to hear of some of the cons you outline. We have lots of exciting plans for 2017 and will absolutely take your comments on board. All the best in your future, Hannah

10. "Good "funky" place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stratford, London, England

I have been working at Cabana Brasilian Barbecues full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very flexible in working time, perfect for student or single mum. Quick growing company good for career opportunity.

Cons

They like to cut your hours... never accept 40 hours a week, be happy with 30

Cabana Brasilian Barbecues2015-10-12

January 20, 2016HR Administrator

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I appreciate you comments and hope you continue to enjoy working at Cabana. Hannah

Found 13 reviews