Calendly Reviews

Found 58 of over 59 reviews

4.3
Calendly CEO Tope Awotona
Tope Awotona

What people are saying about Calendly

Join the conversation on

Consulting

8m

works at

Accenture

Thoughts needed on: using calendly for companies who want to interview me. I HATE finding/providing times for them 🤣. I created my own account and will send that link out when they hit me with the “can you please provide times that work?”

8 Comments

Tech

210.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Calendly~1268317
Join the conversation on
  1. 4.0
    Featured Review

Awesome culture and a company in major growth stage

Jan 28, 2022 - Technical Project Manager in Hercules, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote first! The whole company is distributed. Because there is no office setting, all employees get an All Access WeWork membership, one of my favorite perks. Great onboarding and documentation for new employees - definitely have the remote work figured out and how to set everyone up for success. Implementation of no meeting days or half-days to reduce Zoom fatigue. Mac company, Google suites company, Zoom company, Atlassian company. Feedback focused. Prioritize retro-ing and making sure that improvement is always part of the process, whether that's for yourself or a broader team. Flexible work hours - There are core hours that are expected out of you and is dependent on the team that you are on. Works great if you ever have to run an errand during your typical 9-5. Flexible time off - Taking time off is encouraged often. Celebrations - A company that not only works hard and continues to innovate, but also takes the time to celebrate accomplishments often. Genuine excitement from employees about Calendly as a product and the growth it's taking. Company retreats every other quarter. A new one that hasn't happened yet due to Covid, but the whole company is invited to a destination set by the People Team, expenses paid. Fun events and company events in the itinerary. Bonus structure is paid out quarterly, dependent on company performance. Great perks like a $1500 office stipend to set up your desired office at home. Annual travel stipend and pick your perk stipend ($1000 each). Technology stipend paid out via paycheck ($125/month).

Cons

There are very few cons about Calendly. One of them being, the pay, especially with the Great Resignation. In reaction to this, the company has hired compensation analysts to update each role's pay band. Not entirely sure how much base salary will be raised. HSA funded by Calendly is only offered if you don't sign-up for the co-pay plans.

8 people found this review helpful

Calendly Response

Thank you for sharing your experience with us so far. We're thrilled to hear that you've had such a positive work experience with us, and we also appreciate your feedback. We are actively working to reevaluate our compensation structure so we can provide competitive pay to our team members. We plan to roll this new compensation philosophy soon, so please keep on the lookout for updates on those changes.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Truly the best environment I've ever worked in

May 24, 2022 - Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

While some people we say that they expect to hear only good things from a recruiter, let me say that as a recruiter - it is quite difficult if you have to promote and advocate for a company/roles/or teams that you do not personally believe in. That is exhausting. I am so happy that I truly believe what I say, I get excited about working with candidates and helping them land here if they will also be a great addition to the teams I support! I have fun in my work. I enjoy what I do, and even more so - love the entire team I am on. In this fully remote workplace, I still feel so connected. We have wonderful events and conversations outside of work topics and we have also resume company and team retreats. I have a fantastic work life balance, I take PTO when I want it, I am trusted to get my work done. I also believe I have numerous opportunities to get involved with other projects outside of my immediate role, which I value because I love learning. Being in a place growing as quickly as we are - it's a good feeling to feel like there is still do much to be defined and new things to get into down the road!

Cons

I personally do not see this as a con but others may - With the growth, comes frequent change, so that is something to be mindful of. If you're someone that enjoys working in a place that has done things the same way for 10+ years and does not try new things, new tech, new initiatives - then Calendly might not be the place for you.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great culture and fun environment. Can be challenging at times with the fast growth but worth it!

May 20, 2022 - Knowledge Management Specialist in Hercules, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- great benefits - amazing culture and people - good leadership

Cons

- a lot of change very quickly - not always the best communication

4. 4.0

Good Company

May 19, 2022 - Product Specialist in Hercules, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

They are vision oriented and have their eyes on the prize.

Cons

Work lacks stimulation and is incredibly routine.

5. 5.0

Great first month!!

Apr 25, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Easy orientation/onboarding - helpful and passionate people - Unique benefits

Cons

- None thus far. I’ve had an amazing experience.

1 person found this review helpful

Calendly Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are thrilled to hear you've enjoyed your first month with us so far!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Calendly is one of a kind

Apr 19, 2022 - Human Resources
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing company with a bright future! Calendly truly cares for its employees and offers good work/life/balance.

Cons

Like all start ups they are still working through the details, but the s offers a lot of room for growth and input.

2 people found this review helpful

Calendly Response

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We are delighted to hear that you've enjoyed your time working at Calendly thus far.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing company that treats employees very well

Apr 8, 2022 - Senior Full-Stack Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Engineering first culture Pay Great perks Senior heavy engineering group

Cons

Extreme growth curve causes occasional growing pains

1 person found this review helpful

Calendly Response

Thank you for sharing your review of your time at Calendly so far! We are thrilled to hear you've enjoyed your experience with us.

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

You are worth more than how you'll be treated here

Apr 28, 2022 - Anonymous Former Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits Incredible colleagues (excluding management and the Executive Leadership Team) Events are fun Perks are great

Cons

- Dishonest. I was asked to lie to my team by my manager multiple times, including keeping things "hush hush", managers wanting to set people up to fail intentionally, or assuming they'd fail, rather than encouraging or training people up to do better and succeed. I was also instructed to string people along in regards to compensation for the extra work my team was doing that was outside of the scope of their role. They were strung along for over a year before I was involved. Then they started asking me to continue stringing them along to keep them working without having to pay them adequately. - HR doesn't listen to the employees. Instead of actively listening to my concerns, they decided gaslighting me was a better option. I know they're there to protect the business, but your employees are a part of that business. - Executive Leadership Team is SLIMY. Lots going on behind closed doors that they don't want to share with anyone, and for good reason. - Discrimination against those with disabilities and mental disabilities. As a manager, HR and my upper leadership made directly inappropriate comments about those with mental/learning disabilities and even went as far as telling me I HAD to act on their opinion of my direct reports' performance (that was directly related to their disability). This ultimately lead to me quitting my job after almost 3 years. - Discrimination against those with families/kids - As a leader here, I had multiple conversations with other managers and upper leadership where they made inappropriate comments about "effort" and "performance" as directly related/impacted by their families/kids taking first priority and not their job. - Not a single pro-active bone in their body. Product releases things before making sure everything works properly. They also release things prior to support documentation or resources for customers are available. This leads to a poor customer experience and a lot of additional stress on the CX team. The same approach is taken for any major changes in the company. Decisions are announced and action is taken before everything has been thought out. This includes MAJOR initiatives that affect customers' money/subscriptions, as well as their employees' well-being during these difficulties. - No women in Executive Leadership positions or management positions (except one person, who's new to Calendly). When asking HR and People Ops about women/men ratios, etc. They fail to provide documentation of how many women are in management/leadership positions compared to men. I have seen women be talked down to, belittled, have their ideas ignored, have had inappropriate comments made about them during pregnancy/maternity leave, etc. I've also had male managers accuse females of being too "sensitive", "emotional", etc. - Minorities are dropping like flies. When I first started at Calendly, we were a very diverse company. I know that Tope is African American, and that's all well and good - but Calendly as a business has lost a HUGE population of diverse folks over the past year. Either fired, refused to promote them, or they were not treated fairly/adequately and they left on their own. - They use public platforms like company slack channels and meetings to promote their own political views. They also allow employees to slander other political views, etc without any repercussion or regard for their colleagues who may have differing opinions. - Leaders and middle managers initiate reviews for employees - but upper management undermines their opinions and makes the final decision without any explanation. This confused many managers, and also lead them to have difficult conversations with their direct reports for decisions that they didn't even make or agree with. - Middle managers deal with all of the stress and upper leadership ignores hardships that don't involve the overall financial standing. Information from "on the ground" workers gets bottle necked because no one higher up listens. - No consideration for the Christian religion. AT ALL. In fact, many times I kept quiet in order to not "stir the pot" when my colleagues and managers made inappropriate comments about Christianity. They also FORCED employees to work on Sundays when they did not originally sign up for weekend shifts. - The left hand never knows what the right hand is doing. It seems like different departments are operating at what they believe is the correct process, but it greatly differs from the expectations of other departments. No one is on the same page at all. - Prioritization of product fixes is made based on money that can be made, rather than fixing existing issues or listening to the pain points of customers and employees. - Management and Leadership do not behave professionally. I've been in numerous meetings where people were in a fire fight essentially. No one could remain professional, humble, and cooperative. They all argued and yelled to the point where other participants were uncomfortable. - Career Opportunities are a JOKE if you're coming from CX. They will ask you where you hope your career goes. You can tell them, but then they don't work with you AT ALL on your career path and actually giving you exposure and opportunity to one day get there. When you ask about it, you're told that you are only being paid for your existing job and any additional work for new roles should be done on your own time. Also, employees are held back from opportunities that they are qualified for because departments don't want to allow transfers or re-hire for a position. - Calendly has been doing a lot to hire in new employees with benefits, etc. They're always searching for "someone better than who they hired last". This motto has literally been shared with existing employees. Which makes everyone who is currently employed feel like they're not as good as who is being hired in. Not only do we feel that way, but then Calendly does nothing to try to retain their current employees either. I've seen so much employee churn in the past 6 months of my employment with them, due to poor treatment and poor leadership. - Overworking is required. They say that they want you to have "work/life balance" but then they assign you more work than you are able to do in one work day, and then provide consequences for not finishing your "quota" for the day. Then, they give you outrageous performance requirements that had everyone online late in the evening finishing things up. They give you unlimited PTO, but if you take PTO you feel like you're never going to get caught back up on your work so you don't even take it. - Bosses don't like when you set professional boundaries. I've been in many difficult situations for setting boundaries that allowed me to work at my best. Employees don't even have job descriptions that fully encompass their actual work-load, nor do they have the necessary tools and resources to do their jobs well. They pay absolute GARBAGE for the industry. They refuse to disclose their pay data sources. I left and interviewed at multiple companies for the exact same job, some offering me more than 30K over what I was making at Calendly for the same position. ALL of them offered me more than what I was making at Calendly as a starting salary, however.

8 people found this review helpful

Calendly Response

We appreciate you spending 3 years of your career with us at Calendly and unfortunate to hear about some of your experiences. Please know that we are proud of our leadership team which is diverse and engaged, and we have a culture that focuses on DEI, with three newly launched Belonging Groups. We partner with our team members internally who are advocates for different religions/races/holidays, and through that partnership we have internal communications that support our team members to promote and celebrate those that are important to them. Most recently, we had team members who wanted to recognize and celebrate their personal holidays of Easter and Eid-Al-Adha with their team members across Calendly. It was a great moment for all of our team members to learn more about and celebrate those holidays with those individuals. Additionally, we have worked hard to ensure our team members feel supported during the pandemic and beyond, including those who are caregivers. It has been challenging for our team members who are caregivers as childcare, school and personal choices during this uncertain time have been in constant flux. Team members have created multiple Slack channels dedicated to honest conversations about what it’s like to be a caregiver during the pandemic and how we can support each other. It has been a great source of support, comfort and awareness for our team members and leaders. We’ve also added Wellness Days to our holiday calendar, which is a time for our team members to fully unplug from work and take that time to recharge. We have a team of incredibly talented people who we are proud to have here at Calendly. We strive to listen to them through a few channels including an anonymous engagement survey that gives us actionable insights to the team member experience. Our current company wide Engagement score is strong at 85%. Something we are proud of while also knowing we need to continuously seek how to sustain and improve it. To help with this, we are taking an added step to pulse the entire company in a few weeks to tell us how we are making progress with the company wide and departmental focus areas. In closing, we want to address an inaccuracy with regards to reviews on our Glassdoor profile. The People team (HR) only has access to respond to reviews, like this one. There has never been and will never be an active effort to push our People team members or any other team member at Calendly to craft positive reviews to combat negative and or false information. All reviews that have been crafted have been at the free will of our current and former team members such as yourself. At the end of the day, we are all human and your experience is your experience and it disappoints us to know that you feel so hurt and dismissed during your time here. It is not who we are nor what we strive for at Calendly. If you wish to have a conversation directly with our team members about your personal experience, please contact us at hr@calendly.com.

9. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Lots to sort out

Mar 8, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are some smart and kind people at Calendly.

Cons

Leadership is not inclusive and comes across as bullying. Which promotes the behavior across the org. As a leader, It's next to impossible to promote someone. The CHRO makes it impossible. The comp philosophy during my tenure there was so narrow and limiting as a leader. Leadership listens to feedback but doesn't take action to change The CEO has no real experience as a leader outside of his company.

7 people found this review helpful

Calendly Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are actively working to improve our compensation philosophy that will be rolled out in the coming weeks. Additionally, we have recently hired some knowledgable and experienced leaders to help us scale in this rapid growth environment. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors and appreciate your valuable insights as we always look to continuously improve in these areas.

10. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Different experiences (CX review)

Feb 20, 2022 - Product Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

*Great benefits and perks. The best I've ever had at any company *Remote option with WFH setup provided * IF you're in any department but Support, you can have work/life balance * Unlimited PTO *All the employees are very nice *Great training provided for your role at the beginning

Cons

CX Department review only... other depts. do not deal with these same issues as far as I know. Burnout is GOING to happen here. Period. At the beginning, everything was great and we started making progress on building a great support team. Senior managers started dropping like flies so they decided to hire externally. Now after a month, you have new senior management (all depts.) recreating (tearing down) the culture that Calendly has built all due to "their" stance but, another story for another day. CX management has no clue what they're doing and are literally just figuring it out as they go while beating down on the specialist to produce unattainable metrics. 55 tickets a day plus any re-opens, all the irrelevant meetings in the world, and no real guidance if you're lacking... the recipe for success!? Senior titles are just created out of thin air to accommodate older leaders not wanting to be at the same level as the newer, internally hired leads so at this point, I don't understand who's ACTUALLY been leading the CX dept for the last year or who's been making any decisions. No real room for growth if you aren't friends with seniors. You can go to T2 and that's where you will stay until a lead leaves to open up a spot or unless they create you a new title. T2 or into a different department are your only growth options and moving across departments from CX is rare. The diversity on the team is not the best but I guess it rounds out on paper. Mental health is important to me so the lack of work/life balance was not a good experience. Up until midnight DAILY trying to get a sheepy with others who are not truthful about their struggles to their own managers is frustrating. The nail on the coffin was when I witnessed 2-3 NPOC putting in their notice which was met with acceptance of the notice for them to prepare for their next external role, public announcements from management to the team, a virtual card from the team, and a big woo-hoo on your last day. These same exact weeks, 3-4 POC put in their notice no differently and were let go by EOD with no warning, grace, or fluff like the others.... just computers locked and accounts deactivated within an hour. This was all for "the good of the company and department" even though we were/are drowning in cases daily. The metrics are insane and no management will acknowledge that they are since they haven't worked an actual PS shift here and assume that since SOME can, all can.. There is no real structure for grading your metrics so you can be thriving on one team and doing poorly on another simply because you're graded on the personal views of your lead regardless of the random rubrics they try to follow. You can argue your point all day/night but if THEY think you're wrong and could have done differently OR even if it's something out of your control and you're 100% right, you will be penalized review-wise. They try to tell you it's not that big of a deal forgetting that these reviews directly affect promotions, needed raises, etc. Product Specialist (mostly those who are single) live paycheck to paycheck so we can't afford to lose our livelihood because of your opinions, assumptions, and lack of understanding. The lead 1s are all internal, which helps but the lead's lead and the management above them are all external trying to shape the Calendly experience/culture into what they THINK it should be instead of what it was before they came. The other departments rarely talk to CX so we learn about new changes when they happen and deal with the consequences later. No training or troubleshooting material is provided beforehand so we're just as lost as the users when things break. If a different department messes up, say an incorrect email goes out to all users, this will cause backup for CX where we have to clean up the mess and deal with the ramifications. While support is our job, the lack of accountability is my point. The other departments will never admit to mistakes or be penalized.... but the chaos is normal in CX, right?... cause surveys show its the best place to work so who am I to actually call them out on the truth within my department.... I will say though, this will not be everyone's response in CX but it DEFINITELY will be for all the POCs that have left and +60% of current teammates.

10 people found this review helpful

Calendly Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are disappointed to learn about your experience at Calendly as it is not the experience we aim to give nor want for our people. We strongly believe feedback makes us better. Our goal at Calendly is to create meaningful professional opportunities for team members as we work hard to build a world-class experience for our customers. We care deeply about our culture and take our team member experience very seriously. We believe in warm welcomes when someone joins our team, strong support through their career journey, and graceful goodbyes when someone leaves Calendly. We aim to ensure everyone feels supported and appreciated during their time spent with us. In the last 6 months, we have grown our front line Support team by 50%, created internal career paths for Product Specialists, including the upcoming launch of the Apprenticeship Program as a career pathway into the R & D org, and invested in our management team. As a company, we host Belonging Groups (Calendly’s version of ERGs or Employee Resource Groups), conduct semi-annual team member engagement surveys to continuously collect team feedback, and hold monthly All Hands calls that are company wide and have open Q&A with the leadership team. We are committed to continuing listening, iterating, and improving. If you are willing to share more, we would really like to connect with you so we can better address your concerns. Please feel free to email hr@calendly.com.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 58 Reviews

Calendly Reviews FAQs

Calendly has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 59 reviews left anonymously by employees. 80% of employees would recommend working at Calendly to a friend and 85% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 6% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Calendly employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Calendly. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

80% of Calendly employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Calendly 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Calendly Job Seekers