Calendly Reviews

Calendly CEO Tope Awotona
Tope Awotona
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A company that actually cares!

Jul 25, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

It’s so refreshing to work somewhere that truly cares about their people. Please don’t change as you grow. I hope to see the culture just get better with the rapid pace we are experiencing. We just went 100% remote with the option to work from a shared office space if we choose. Thank you for being remote first, this is a huge perk for me and my family. So many great benefits and opportunity for advancement. A company that is leading the way for others. Thank you!

Cons

Not much to say except for the hope you continue to invest in your team

3 people found this review helpful

Calendly Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We love to hear that you are feeling supported at Calendly. We are continuing to actively listen to our employees via surveys and will use that helpful feedback to drive a positive cultural experience for our teams.

2. 4.0

Great Culture

Aug 17, 2021 - Customer Success Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, work life balance, fun and exciting to work for, with great people

Cons

Salary, not a fair pay for the workload and other team members with higher salaries than others working the same time with the same experience.

Calendly Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. While we strive to provide a great culture and work experience for our team members, we are constantly looking for ways to improve. This includes having a competitive and fair offering of our perks, benefits, and pay. Sorry to hear your experience has not felt fair and we invite you to reach out to hr@calendly.com or your people partner to provide us with direct feedback so we can better address your concerns.

3. The latest conversations about Tech

182 Comments

Tech

35.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Reviews&utm_term=Calendly~1268317
    Join the conversation on
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Amazing!!

Jun 29, 2021 - Procurement and Vendor Management in Miami, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hyper velocity growth company, Excellent Management and Colleagues.

Cons

none that come to mind.

1 person found this review helpful

Employer Brand Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We are beyond thrilled to hear that you're enjoying your experience with management and your colleagues.

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Needs Work

Jun 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great product Good people Challenging work Growing company Cult following from other tech companies and customers Remote

Cons

Mediocre to bad management in most departments High turnover with little to no response from leadership Impossible work load to manage work and life Vague performance reviews not based on metrics Cuts a lot of corners at the expense of employee productivity and satisfaction Low pay is embellished with "good" perks Not willing to fight for most of their talent Blind to diversity and unwilling to hear minority employees A lot of talk but not a lot of action to make company more progressive

4 people found this review helpful

Employer Brand Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're encouraged to hear you enjoy the people and challenging work, while also sorry to hear about your negative experiences. As with any growing company, we are constantly evolving and always working towards creating a great working environment for our employees - we have a long way to go but are committed to creating a culture people feel a sense of pride and belonging in. A start to making progress is formalizing and hiring a function focused on improving overall engagement including our diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives. This includes creating a DEI advisory council and ERGs so all of our employees' voices can be heard. Also, we are working to listen proactively to our people via surveys that are conducted company-wide. Please know that your helpful feedback will be used to improve the experience of our existing and future employees.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great people, exciting place to work

Jun 2, 2021 - Customer Experience
    Business Outlook

Pros

Calendly is a truly exciting and unique place to work. I'm blown away by the people. This is a smart, friendly, seriously human-first group of people to work with. When I have meetings or work on projects with people on other teams or leaders, I know we can have casual conversations and people really try to get to know you as a person and develop good working relationships--you are treated like a human and a partner and definitely not a number. It's really exciting to work at Calendly because of the opportunity to build and make an impact on our company and future success! I love that I can use my experience from past companies and bring in new ideas. It's an opportunity to build and really see the impact of your work. It's definitely not like being in a larger company where everything is already figured out and your work is just a small cog in a big machine. Especially in CX, I know my leaders and managers are truly interested in the growth of our team and my growth as an individual. I know my manager cares about my personal and career goals and works with me to help me improve, give me new opportunities, and work toward the next step in my career.

Cons

Everything I said about being in a fast-growing company and being part of the "building" process also comes with a downside, because we don't have everything figured out yet. Sometimes it's frustrating because a process I'm doing is more manual than it should be, or HR doesn't have a specific policy defined yet that we're looking for. But I have seen a lot of changes and improvement in the past year so I do think we have a forward-thinking vision, and we are moving in the right direction.

2 people found this review helpful

Employer Brand Specialist

We are glad to hear about your experience at Calendly so far! We truly put a focus on living out our values every day, which includes "Start with Human." We believe in the importance of respecting each other and understanding the impact of our decisions as a company on our employees, and we are happy to hear that you have seen this reflected in your experience. As we grow, we are continuing to improve our processes, which includes growing our People team to ensure our policies are more defined. Thank you for your feedback!

7. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not who they say they are

May 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Doesn't hire for experience so make rookie mistakes

Cons

Not good if you have prior experience

2 people found this review helpful

Employer Brand Specialist

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are making continuous efforts to provide a great working experience for all of our team members. Our efforts include focusing on building out our learning and development program to provide support for our people looking to grow their skillset. We are also working to provide better support to our managers, with our new Engagement team leading the efforts to better understand challenges and gaps from our team members about what is lacking from our leadership. This will allow us to continue learning from our people and ensure we are providing the resources needed for everyone to be successful.

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Honestly the greatest company I hav worked for

Apr 16, 2021 - Product Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- teamwork - management really cares - CEO is personable and reachable - work life balance - benefits - D&I efforts

Cons

I was there for over a year and I can’t think of a real con. Maybe a bit more pay but other than that, I loved this company.

Employer Brand Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We pride ourselves on providing a "Start with Human" experience for all of our employees, which is why we are happy to hear that you were surrounded by people who care about your success, along with respecting your work/life balance. We are continuing our DEI efforts that you had mentioned, which included hiring an Engagement team to help facilitate those conversations and shape our DEI strategies and communications.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great experience so far

Mar 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I recently started at Calendly and I can say that every single person I've met so far has been so nice, professional, and engaged/invested in learning more about me. This is the first job I've had in over 10 years where both my manager and her manager are female which is a breath of fresh air after being in quite a few male dominant companies. There is a level of transparency that I have not seen at my previous companies. We have a monthly company wide meeting where we discuss different topics and company updates. Our recent one was about D&I and how Calendly compares to other tech companies. While we still have work to do we are definitely leading the way and ahead of many other major tech companies that people usually look to first when thinking about D&I. They treat you like an adult. They trust their employees to get their work done in the way that works for them and at least on my team I don't feel like I'm being micromanaged at all. I have more freedom here than I did at my last company. Awesome perks that I think show a commitment to the start with human philosophy. Stipends to get your home office set up, vacation stipends, pick your own perk stipend, etc. The company is at the beginning of their growth curve and it is an exciting time to be apart of the team.

Cons

No 401k match right now which is a bit disappointing. I know it's something that is being kept in mind as the company continues to grow though. If you don't like change or need a lot of structure this might not be the company for you. It's a quickly growing company so sometimes priorities change or there are things that still need to be implemented from a process standpoint. I believe the leadership does a good job of communicating their plans and roadmap for growth though and seem to be very open to feedback.

Calendly Response

We are beyond thrilled to hear about your experience with us thus far! We are proud to have 47% women who make up our workforce and are excited to continue to Strive for Excellence in our DE&I journey with our new Engagement team joining us in April. As we continue to evolve and adapt our remote work style, we believe in giving our people the autonomy, flexibility and support they need to get their work done on their schedule. As part of our Start With Human value, we review our total rewards offerings on an annual basis to ensure we are best supporting our people as we continue to grow our team. This is truly an exciting time to join us and we are thrilled that you are here helping us pave the way to our future!

10. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Calendly has a great product and culture, think twice before joining the sales team.

Mar 9, 2021 - Sales Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

WFH, flexible, cool perks, happy customers, casual

Cons

Unorganized and unqualified management, Everything is an uphill battle, Not setup for success, quota attainment is impossible, no career progression

1 person found this review helpful

Calendly Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Our sales team is one of the fastest-growing teams in the company and we are dedicated to their success! They also have had fabulous outcomes with quota obtainment, especially in 2020! That said, we are moving fast and the product is growing at a wonderfully fast rate at the same time as hiring to meet demand so there's always room for improvement. We are confident that our new leaders in sales and our amazing people will work together to fine-tune our sales approach and breed a culture of success within the sales team at Calendly!

11. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Product and Culture

Feb 23, 2021 - People Team in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Perks, Benefits, Flexible Schedule and culture. The CEO really cares about his people and giving them a voice.

Cons

Typical challenges of a company going through rapid growth.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 38 Reviews