Cambian Group Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 8 Nov 2019

2.2
Cambian Group CEO Saleem Asaria
Saleem Asaria
Pros
  • "Feel part of a family working at Cambian(in 13 reviews)

• "It was wonderful working with the young people and some of the staff where nice(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "I wouldn’t hesitate for others looking for this type of role to join Cambian(in 15 reviews)

• "long hours so you get tired and no time for home life(in 8 reviews)

1. "Fantastic manager and colleagues"

Current Employee - Support Worker in Wisbech, England

I have been working at Cambian Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I’ve been with the company 12 months and I’m thoroughly enjoying it. The team are fantastic and really supportive. The job is tough at time’s and the kids can be challenging but it’s so rewarding too. I feel humbled and inspired to look after others and be a part of their journey. The pay is actually really competitive despite other people’s views. I think you have to remember that the industry is low paid. The... induction was amazing and I really felt prepared when I started the job. I’ve also had good training throughout the year too.

Cons

The perks could be better but generally it’s good. I wouldn’t hesitate for others looking for this type of role to join Cambian. It’s tough and very challenging but with fantastic teams and people around you it’s worth it.

Advice to Management

Make people feel valued. We will be more productive and engaged if you do

Cambian Group2019-11-08
  2. "Good place to work!"

Current Employee - Child Care Worker in Blackpool, England

I have been working at Cambian Group part-time for less than a year

Pros

Extensive training programme that leaves you with all the knowledge you need, supportive management who you can talk to about anything, paperwork is easy to complete and everything is easy to understand, shift patterns can be discussed and you are able to seek support through Cambian if necessary.

Cons

Long shifts but you know that from the advert so should be prepared, sometimes due to teams rotating, some small details can be lost in communication but in general there's no big downside.

Advice to Management

None

Cambian Group2019-09-14
  3. "Terrible company"

Support Worker in Wisbech, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Cambian Group

Pros

No pros to speak of

Cons

Poor management, lack of training, lack of support to staff. Under staffing leaving support workers at risk.

Cambian Group2019-10-18
  4. "learning Support"

Current Employee - Learning Support in Yeovil, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Cambian Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly colleagues who all go extra mile

Cons

No progression also long hours, college changed direction

Cambian Group2019-09-25
  5. "Money oriented organistion"

Current Employee - Rcw in Manchester, England

I have been working at Cambian Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very rewarding looking after children.

Cons

1) Cambia is a profit run organisation 2) They dout care for the staff or wellbeing and the management will not take blame for any incidents and will try to blame staff. 3) They is little recognition for hard work and loyalty . 4) They will let any one become a team leader ,even if they dout have any kind of leadership skills in leading a team. 5) poor pay ,long hrs 6) The directors of the company ,dout... know what is going on in they homes ,or care ,as long as the money is coming in. 7) Wrong mixture of young people, so causing issues in the home . 8) Alot of young people being failed ,because the company wants to maximize profit over care eg not enough solo homes so we can care for these individuals instead of making profit of they misery.

Advice to Management

Get your heads out of the sand .

Cambian Group2019-10-07
  6. "Good people and a good atmosphere but no clear strategy or investment in technology"

Former Employee - Accountant in London, England

I worked at Cambian Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good people and a good atmosphere

Cons

Lack of investment in tools and technology

Cambian Group2019-08-20
  7. "No communication"

Former Employee - Support Worker in Northampton, England

I worked at Cambian Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

The children make it worth going to work

Cons

No support when viechles are damaged several times nothing done no support when management leave everyone is thrown in at the deep end and left to own devices .

Advice to Management

Get proper structure to a home before filling it with chicken make sure staff are looked after give them what is promised to them more incentives to stay apart from the children .

Cambian Group2019-08-27

"Poor Management"

Current Employee - MHAA

I have been working at Cambian Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Patients, office, autonomy, pay and distance

Cons

Poor management, favouritism, bullying and lack of training.

Cambian Group2019-07-12

"Depressing"

Former Employee - Rcw in Leeds, England

I worked at Cambian Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- I literally can't think of any pros other than getting paid at the end of the month

Cons

- Offered no real support that felt consistent; team leaders all had their own way of working, so if you inexperienced, expect to be undermined and scrutinised because while doing something one way would be acceptable to one team leader, it won't be to another. - Office politics make a hard job that should be focused on providing the children with adequate care unbearable. Backbitting, lies, pettiness and things... being blown out of proportion and going much further than it needs to be is the norm. Extremely toxic work culture. Was directly told by a Senior that in this job you need to 'look out for yourself' and try make others look bad to get ahead. You'd think this is Wallstreet, not somewhere that you're supposed to provide children with a positive environment to live in. You best be part of the 'clique' or you're absolute toast. - Extremely low staff morale. I have been to several different homes in the region, and all staff seem to hate their jobs, with the same toxic atmosphere lingering in the workplace. Violent assaults are common and downplayed the majority of the time. If you like sleep, don't take this job. I've done several 24+ shifts with no sleep, then gone home exhausted, essentially wasting your day off. Not good if you have kids of your own. - No concern for safeguarding. Being left alone with children known for violence and situations that leave you wide open to allegations. The police were regulars to the home I worked at, and were appalled at how vulnerable staff were and that the company's practices were very questionable. - Bad pay. For the amount of responsibility you hold and vulnerability you'll experience, you might as well flip burgers for the same wage, care free. Want to have some career progression at Cambian? Don't work hard, just be friends out of work with the manager and you'll be climbing the ladder in no time.

Advice to Management

Shut it down.

Cambian Group2019-06-14

"Takes a superhero"

I worked at Cambian Group part-time

Pros

Good team, training and progression

Cons

Hours are long, but worth it

Cambian Group2019-02-13