Cambridge Assessment Employee Reviews about "flexible working"

Updated 13 Jan 2021

4.0
Cambridge Assessment CEO Saul Nassé (no image)
Saul Nassé
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "flexible working"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Administrator in Cambridge, England

I worked at Cambridge Assessment full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Nice Offices - Collaborative Work environment - Good facilities - Large Canteen

Cons

- Offers little room for flexible working

Cambridge Assessment Response

October 16, 2020Group Talent Acquisition Consultant

@Cambridge Assessment we support informal and formal flexible working, trusting and empowering employees to choose where, when and how they meet their responsibilities and performance commitments, within the parameters of business need. Flexibility is open to everyone at any point of their employment with us. We trust our people to take responsibility for, and effectively manage, their work in order to fulfil the requirements of their role. People will have a variety of reasons for wanting to work flexibly. We will respect all of these as equally valid.

"A nice place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Cambridge, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Cambridge Assessment full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people who you work with day to day are really friendly. There's no high pressure from the leadership team, which makes it "comfortable". The pay is ok, flexible working and general benefits are good.

Cons

The leadership team lack vision and drive which means that things don't change or get done quickly. There's a lot of burocracy that can be frustrating, quite higherricical.

3. "Staff come first (mostly)"

Current Employee - Assessment Administrator in Cambridge, England

I have been working at Cambridge Assessment full-time for more than a year

Pros

good pension, good salary, flexible working scheme

Cons

like to change teams around, short notice of contract renewals if fixed term

"Excellent Company Culture"

Current Employee - Compliance Officer in Cambridge, England

I have been working at Cambridge Assessment full-time

Pros

Business who cares about its employees. Good drives and initiatives to improve workplace happiness. Flexible working. Good management.

Cons

Not too much room salary wise to advance

5. "Great people but lacks senior management leadership"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Cambridge Assessment full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice office, flexible working hours, great people and very helpful team.

Cons

Lack of progression and managers can be paid less than their subordinates

6. COVID-19

"A values led organisation really focused on the well being of its employees"

Current Employee - Senior Manager/Head of Department in Cambridge, England

I have been working at Cambridge Assessment full-time for less than a year

Pros

As a fairly recent joiner during the COVID pandemic, I have been really impressed by how the organisation supports its employees. Cambridge Assessment already had a strong focus on flexible working, but during the pandemic this has really shined through along with lots of additional support for employees to ensure their well being during this difficult time. In addition, the organisation has recently launched a living our values framework which is being embedded across the organisation. While I've had little opportunity to experience them yet, the building and general facilities are also great, with fantastic catering, well being centre and great spaces to work and collaborate in. The organisation also has a clear strategic vision and communicates this well to its employees so we all know how we are contributing.

Cons

So far, i've been really impressed and have no downside to share

7. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Cambridge, England

I have been working at Cambridge Assessment full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly place, great building, good business ethics, leader in its sector, work-life balance, flexible working, pilates and other wellness classes on site

Cons

Lower salaries but great subsidised canteen for breakfast and lunch

Continue reading
  8. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Product Manager

I have been working at Cambridge Assessment full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Lovely team members, very friendly and kind colleagues. Generous annual leave allowance. You can leave work on time.

Cons

Reluctant to allow flexible working, part time working and working from home.

"So much potential"

1.0

I worked at Cambridge Assessment part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People genuinely care about the difference their work makes to the world, flexible working is widely accommodated, funky new working environment, great food offering and subsidies. Lots of opportunities for development. The new CEO is up for the challenge of transforming the business. Lots of creative and fun events aimed at bringing people together. The new CEO is visionary and if anyone can make the changes needed, he has the best chance of succeeding.

Cons

Too much of a talking shop, it's rare for any tangible change or action to happen. The investment in transformation, events, training etc is apparently significant and arguably has not yielded much of a return. The same issues are repeatedly discussed and debated over years with no action or change. This can be very frustrating if you are someone who enjoys tangible outputs and who has a keen sense of achievement. People tend to be very demanding of the company without reciprocation and poor behaviours often go unchecked which leads to lots of dissatisfaction, fractured relationships and a misplaced sense of entitlement. Senior leaders tend not to role-model visionary, professional and commercial leadership styles, sometimes putting self-interest over that of the organisation and their teams. People who do make tangible changes and a positive impact leave the organisation relatively quickly most likely due to the frustrations of the organisation's overly complex systems and endemic reluctance/inability to adapt.

Continue reading

Cambridge Assessment Response

June 28, 2019Group Talent Acquisition Consultant

Visionary is a great word for our new CEO, and we are definitely changing from a formal, inward-looking organisation to a more open and collaborative environment. We want to be a place that is as diverse and inclusive as the people we serve. These are fundamental changes that reflect the modern, high performing organisation we’re building, where our learners and customers are at the heart of our approach.

"A great place to work and grow professionally"

I have been working at Cambridge Assessment full-time

Pros

Opportunities for development, flexible working, possible to get funding for further education and training, great salary and benefits, great colleagues, lots of secondment options.

Cons

Slow and resistant to change, but it's moving in the right direction!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 20 English Reviews