Cambridge Consultants Mechanical Engineer Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Cambridge Consultants Mechanical Engineer Reviews

Updated Oct 3, 2019

4.2
Cambridge Consultants CEO Eric Wilkinson (no image)
Eric Wilkinson
  1. "Great culture and learning experience"

Former Intern - Mechanical Engineer in Cambridge, England

I worked at Cambridge Consultants for less than a year

Pros

Great for engineers, varied work, multidisciplinary, internal market for projects is meritocratic, free lunch if you cycle, culture is positive

Cons

Some projects offer less room for growth

Cambridge Consultants2018-10-06
  2. "Great people great work"

Current Intern - Mechanical Engineer in Cambridge, England

I have been working at Cambridge Consultants for more than a year

Pros

Great work environment with very friendly colleagues. Great intern program. Training on the job. Free breakfast and great free lunch

Cons

Type of work you get can sometimes be very stale, depending on what projects sell.

Cambridge Consultants2019-10-03

"Excellent place to work"

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Cambridge, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Cambridge Consultants full-time for more than a year

Pros

Huge range of projects (diagnostics, synthetic biology, drug delivery, surgical) Role seems to be tailored to what you do best; people with the same job title can do very different things on a day to day basis (e.g. mechanical design, CAD, design for manufacture, tolerance analysis, FEA, data analysis, testing, sales work or most importantly for me, a mixture of all of the above) If you're not sure what you... want to do, the large number of projects will help you find out Free breakfast, lunch and fruit, access to 3D printers Excellent training opportunities One of the best paying mechanical engineering jobs outside of Oil & Gas Annual pay rise seems decent.

Cons

When there aren't as many ongoing projects, you may have to work on projects that don't interest you as much. New starters may struggle to get onto projects (especially in slow periods) as colleagues and project managers won't know your skillset. This "internal marketplace" means that you should get to know as many people in the company as possible so you hear about opportunities before they're taken. If you... don't enjoy doing this sort of thing, you'll be very dependant on your line manager, who can be very busy with other engineers in similar situations. Luckily, the company has only had a couple of slow periods in my (short) time at the company, so this hasn't been a huge problem yet.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent about pay at the different grades.

Cambridge Consultants2019-04-11
  4. "Fantastic Place to work as a Graduate"

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Cambridge, England

I have been working at Cambridge Consultants full-time for less than a year

Pros

Challenging and Interesting Work Friendly colleagues Great career prospects Good pay/bonus

Cons

There are no cons I can think of, so far really enjoying working at CCL and can't think of a better placed I'd I could've ended up.

Advice to Management

Continue the good work being done to make all employees feel valued. Really like the quarterly company meetings, helps everyone stay in the loop.

Cambridge Consultants2017-01-24