Cambridge Consulting Group Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Cambridge Consulting Group Reviews

Updated 24 Jan 2019

3.7
  1. "Fun atmosphere but many growth opportunities"

Former Employee - Analyst in Royal Oak, MI

I worked at Cambridge Consulting Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

fun, happy hours, wellness incentives, goodies from carriers

Cons

not much growth opportunities.

Cambridge Consulting Group2019-01-24
  2. "So-So"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Royal Oak, MI

I worked at Cambridge Consulting Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I liked my coworkers here, casual office environment, PTO and benefits, team building activities.

Cons

There is absolutely 0 diversity. The management structure is bad. You could end up reporting to someone who is not at all involved with the day to day or specifics of your job duties. Communication from the top down is sub-par, at best. Very high turnover and lack of a room for growth. The core values are a contradiction compared to how the place is actually run.

Cambridge Consulting Group2019-01-15
  3. "Beware... very disappointing"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Royal Oak, MI

I worked at Cambridge Consulting Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great coworker and work space

Cons

Do not follow their core values, high turnover. Lack of communication

Advice to Management

Live the values you say our your, be compassionate have integrity and above all be kind.

Cambridge Consulting Group2018-10-10
  4. "A fantastic place to work with an incomparable leadership team."

I have been working at Cambridge Consulting Group full-time

Pros

CCG has an amazing culture. The leadership team places a lot of trust in their employees with a discretionary time off policy and minimal (if any) micromanagement. They really and truly care about each and every person here; the CEO even meets with every single new employee to introduce himself and get to know them better. The team oriented environment is so much fun to be a part of; there is no doubt this is a... place where lasting relationships are built. Cambridge structures its educational programs in response to the stated interests and objectives of the employees. They offer courses/trainings on the topics that had the most interest, as well as a book club that focuses on professional development. There are so many fun activities throughout the year: monthly in-office mixers, euchre tournaments, out of office team building activities (Escape the Room, Fowling, Tigers Games, etc.), happy hours, holiday parties, summer picnics … endless amounts of fun with great people! CCG has a passion for “making a difference in people’s lives” which I think can easily be applied to our clients or our employees. A great place to be a part of.

Cons

There is a lack of structured training for new employees, but team members are always more than willing to step up and help. Sometimes I feel it's a better way to learn.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

Cambridge Consulting Group2018-02-13
  5. "Administrative"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Royal Oak, MI

I have been working at Cambridge Consulting Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have worked with Cambridge for 3 years and I truly can say that it is one of the best company's I have worked for. I appreciate the core values: We have Integrity; We work hard as a Team; We are Compassionate; We Deliver Results Since I have been an employee, I personally have been introduced to a wealth of knowledge; Cambridge is a company that believes in career growth. It offers on and off-site training... to the employees, and promotes internal qualified staff. The Development and Engagement Team are a wonderful group who plan events for employees to enjoy both during and after work hours. This gives us a chance to get to know each other and their families. Cambridge also has a Book Club whereby employees are encouraged to participate in. Once a book is selected, it is fun to set back and enjoy each person's views and feedback about the book. Sometimes speakers and special guest are invited to the book club sessions. Everyone works as a team player and takes pride in what they do. The executive staff are a fantastic group to work for; they are always willing to listen to your concerns and suggestions as to how we can improve as a company. Cambridge has been voted as one of the best company's to work for several times; which is no surprise to me. Come and join our wonderful team!

Cons

I do not have any complaints.

Advice to Management

Thanks for being fantastic!

Cambridge Consulting Group2018-02-05
  6. "Director"

I have been working at Cambridge Consulting Group full-time

Pros

Flexible work/life balance, collaborative working environment, forward thinking, great leadership, innovative solutions, friendly atmosphere

Cons

Training resources are improving.

Cambridge Consulting Group2018-02-05
  7. "Amazing Culture and even better Leadership Team"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Royal Oak, MI

I have been working at Cambridge Consulting Group full-time

Pros

Awesome company culture! Leadership team promotes open and supportive environment. The best company I've worked for!

Cons

Self starters do really well at CCG. Those who require a more structured work environment may not enjoy it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Cambridge Consulting Group2018-01-31
  8. "Great place to work"

I worked at Cambridge Consulting Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent room for advancement and you will learn a lot if you put in the effort. PTO and benefits are great as well.

Cons

Can't think of any cons

Cambridge Consulting Group2017-09-01

"Dated culture trying to be hip"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

I worked at Cambridge Consulting Group full-time

Pros

semi-flexible schedule, some fun personalities that work there, great learning oppurtunity, an ok stepping stone company

Cons

lack of upward mobilitiy, lack of job training or even job shadowing-I am used to a 'figure it out' culture but expect to get no guidance on tasks that someone in the office would very clearly know how to do but does not want to take time to show you, the "teams" are very silo'd-yes you can get help from your direct team but if I tried to collaborate work other teams it was a struggle, very much a boys club -it was... suprising how segregated the company would be and how much women and men were treated differently in meetings or even social functions

Advice to Management

Try diversifying your employees and you might have better collobration and a broader range of ideas. The same personality type will continue to contribute the same ideas. Try to broaden your horizons and open up to new ideas to move forward and adapt to the modern age.

Cambridge Consulting Group2017-07-22

"Current Employee"

in Royal Oak, MI

I have been working at Cambridge Consulting Group

Pros

Very laid back, team focused environment. Everyone at the company is approachable and friendly. The company dedicates a lot of time and effort to corporate wellness and charitable giving. Every year they identify a "charity of choice" that they focus fundraising efforts and volunteering towards - volunteering is almost entirely done during business hours too. The company has a very specific culture and core values,... they've gone to an unlimited discretionary time off system, casual/relaxed dress code, and have moved to downtown Royal Oak recently so there are a lot of restaurants in a walkable distance.

Cons

Ongoing training could be improved and individuals who require a more structured environment may not be as successful as someone that is more of an independent starter.

Cambridge Consulting Group2017-01-04