Camelot Group Reviews

Updated 11 May 2021

3.9
Camelot Group CEO Nigel Railton (no image)
Nigel Railton
Pros
  • "Lovely people who are really passionate about good causes(in 15 reviews)

• "I feel I have a good work life balance and love being part of the Camelot team(in 12 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Head office in Watford, limited roles in London(in 12 reviews)

• "slightly bureaucratic, old boys clubs at senior management level(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Top company to work for

30 Apr 2021 - Senior National Account Manager in Watford, East of England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

You will progress in this company if you have the correct attitude

Cons

Head Office in an industrial estate

Content Creator and Community Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We value all feedback and we’re dedicated to making Camelot a great place to work. We’re really pleased that you're having a positive experience working at Camelot. Thanks again for your comments, they are greatly appreciated.

2. 4.0

Great company

11 May 2021 - Marketing
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company, really look after their staff

Cons

Not a lot of development opportunities

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good

4 May 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Watford, East of England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture really it was

Cons

Boring but not that bad

Content Creator and Community Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We value all feedback and we’re dedicated to making Camelot a great place to work. We’re really pleased that you had a positive experience of working at Camelot and that you enjoyed your time here. Thanks again for your comments, they are greatly appreciated.

4. 3.0

Senior commercial finance manager

9 May 2021 - Senior Commercial Finance Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Look after employee welfare well

Cons

Work is a bit mundane at times

5. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

You start to notice things....

11 Nov 2020 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Teams you work in are close/like family/fun and supportive. CEO is amazing, such a humble person. Slightly flexible work hours (start and finish times). Have started taking care and interest in mental health throughout the company which is important

Cons

Pay isn’t fair - same throughout the country although more expensive living cost in the south than it is in the northern division. Very hard to progress - very cliquey groups especially within the office - it’s always about who you know not what you know. They seem to have a ‘face to fit’ in every role - if your face doesn’t fit you won’t be chosen almost like they already have someone in mind for the position - biased. Staff will be on fixed term contracts with no job security or stability. 1 rule for 1 and another rule for another - favouritism is obvious throughout the company in each department. Head office have had free lunches throughout lockdown if going into the office but retail sales have not which seems unfair. If you don’t live near head office then there isn’t much room for progression or other job opportunities throughout the company. I do not believe this company always lives by integrity. Have heard management slate members of staff and even customers which is unprofessional. Find that management like to keep agreements or information secret and don’t think other members of staff know/find out.

4 people found this review helpful

Recruitment Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We value honest feedback and we strive to make Camelot a great place to work. We’re sorry to read some of your comments, we have a desire to continuously improve and we do take all feedback on board. We hope you know how to raise any specific queries or concerns with your manager or People team internally to get the support you need.

6. 1.0
      Former Employee

Great benefits but thats about it - back stabbing management

26 Apr 2021 - Field Sales Representative in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Benefits - Holidays - Day to day activities

Cons

The leadership team are backstabbing and do not support you. Company claims to be pioneers of mental health but far from it. Promote inexperienced people to manager roles who have no clue what they are doing Do not communicate well and hide from their own decisions Dont treat internal customers fairly.

3 people found this review helpful

Content Creator and Community Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We value honest feedback and we’re dedicated to making Camelot a great place to work. We’re sorry to read you had a negative experience of working at Camelot. We have a desire to continuously improve and we do take all feedback on board. Thanks for sharing your insight and we wish you all the best for the future.

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great company! Great managment!

24 Mar 2021 - Customer Service Agent in Watford, East of England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

modern office, friendly staff, lots of training, competitive pay, great benefits

Cons

out of the way office, not much room for progression, executives act like cringey rockstars

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Truly great company and people

4 Mar 2021 - Retail Sales Manager in Milton Keynes, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, fantastic people, real purpose and feeling of making a difference. Well lead from the top down. Enjoyable and varied workload, always lots to get stuck into.

Cons

Can’t play any national lottery games.

9. 5.0

Great Firm to work for

25 Mar 2021 - QA Test Lead in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Technology Flexibility In House Canteen Ability to incorporate and implement new ideas

Cons

Pay hikes are low when compared to other companies.

10. 5.0

Supportive place to work

25 Jan 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked here for nearly five years and over the past year the business have really stepped up to support all of us working from home. It's great to work for a company who care about their people. My manager is supportive and it really does come from the top down. I've even managed to obtain a promotion over the past year and I'm so grateful for that.

Cons

Can't think of any cons.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 121 Reviews