Camelot Group Reviews

Updated Oct 12, 2021

Found 134 of over 148 reviews

3.5
Camelot Group CEO Nigel Railton (no image)
Nigel Railton
Pros
  • "Lovely people who are really passionate about good causes(in 15 reviews)

• "I feel I have a good work life balance and love being part of the Camelot team(in 12 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Head office in Watford, limited roles in London(in 12 reviews)

• "slightly bureaucratic, old boys clubs at senior management level(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Excellent

Oct 12, 2021 - Finance
      Business Outlook

Pros

Location management sales good causes

Cons

I don’t have any cons

2. 4.0
      Former Employee

Free coffee, decent pay

Oct 9, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Watford, East of England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay for no experience, coffee vending machine on the call centre floor.

Cons

Lack of direction from management

3. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Flexible

Oct 11, 2021 - Financial Modeler in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible working, generally good people, some not so smart. Lots of opportunities to throw yourself into projects with some degree of autonomy.

Cons

Head office very outdated. Depending on your area the work can be quite complicated and is therefore simplified to the point that you expect to be sent things which are incorrect and have to fix them yourself - true of many organisations though.

4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great

Sep 16, 2021 - Call Center Agent in Watford, East of England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great office, Great communication, Amazing opportunities

Cons

You are based in the middle of nowhere and clear groming for positions

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Aug 11, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Recruited quickly, interview was done well. Seem relaxed so far. Located locally for people that live in Watford.

Cons

Still not returned to offices after COVID for people fed up of working at home. Office is empty and forced to wear masks despite everything else being back to normal. So far have been pretty disorganised and poor at communication. Especially following the interview and during training. Can feel a bit faceless when you start training at home and continue to work at home.

3 people found this review helpful

Content Creator and Community Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We value honest feedback and we strive to make Camelot a great place to work. We’re sorry to read some of your comments, we have a desire to continuously improve and we do take all feedback on board. We hope you know how to raise any specific queries or concerns with your manager or HR internally to get the support you need.

6. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Avoid

Aug 25, 2021 - Customer Service in Watford, East of England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Easy to make friends within any department

Cons

Most Management do not know how to do the job they manage people to do. Salary is awful. Camelot promote within as long as your friendly with the right people. It’s all about who you know and not about your knowledge and hard work.

4 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company, great people

Jul 22, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really care about their people Strong leadership

Cons

None that I can think of

Content Creator and Community Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We value all feedback and we’re dedicated to making Camelot a great place to work. We’re really pleased that you had a positive experience of working at Camelot and that you enjoyed your time here. Thanks again for your comments, they are greatly appreciated.

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Good for gaining new skills. Skill up and move on to avoid low pay with high stress and responsibility.

Jul 2, 2021 - Customer Service/Quality Coach in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good people on the ground. Great place to learn business operations and new skills.

Cons

Low pay considering the scale of the company. Role progression is often linked to secondments rather than roles being given outright. Internal progression pay is capped at a 10% increase despite the role. Timing of their performance based reviews and new roles clash (intentionally?) so employees can lose out financially.

Content Creator and Community Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We value all feedback and we’re dedicated to making Camelot a great place to work. We have a desire to continuously improve and we do take all feedback on board. Thanks for sharing your insight and we wish you all the best for the future.

9. 3.0
      Former Employee

Not awful

Jun 29, 2021 - Agent
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good team, easy to meet other peope

Cons

Constantly promised progression but never happens

1 person found this review helpful

Content Creator and Community Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We value honest feedback and we’re dedicated to making Camelot a great place to work. We have a desire to continuously improve and we do take all feedback on board. Thanks for sharing your insight and we wish you all the best for the future.

10. 3.0
      Current Employee

Overall good

Jun 22, 2021 - Sales Executive in Watford, East Midlands, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice company, good perks, can be yourself, friendly, modren office

Cons

Repetitive, not diverse, hard to progress for some

Content Creator and Community Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We value all feedback and we’re dedicated to making Camelot a great place to work. Thanks again for your comments, they are greatly appreciated.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 134 Reviews