Camelot Group Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Camelot Group Reviews

Updated 11 Sep 2019

2.7
Camelot Group CEO Nigel Railton (no image)
Nigel Railton

"Sales team with no direction"

Current Employee - Rse in Wolverhampton, England

I have been working at Camelot Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Unique recognised brand. Raise Money for Local and National Projects. Work life balance is good. Relaxed approach.

Cons

Sales team is very Male orientated in management. No ongoing development or coaching plans as Regional Managers all obsessed with own development and jostling for self promotion. Only career development advice is "get yourself noticed". Becoming a merchandising role with no real skill sets required.

Advice to Management

Focus on a career Map and have strong development and coaching in place.

Camelot Group2018-01-03

"Sick Finance Function"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Watford, East of England, England

I worked at Camelot Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Most people great to work with Initiatives by top management sounds good (early days when I left)

Cons

Bullying, intimidating culture not addressed by management or HR despite multiple complaints. Huge turnover rate of staff and contractors and no-one bothers to think about looking at the issues.

Advice to Management

Strengthen HR processes. Start caring for employees and finding out why they leave.

Camelot Group2018-01-16

Camelot Group Response

March 5, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We’re really sorry to read some of your feedback. It’s difficult for us to comment on specific cases via this channel, but we would like to assure you that our management teams and HR take all complaints very seriously and that the welfare of our employees is our highest priority. We aim to provide a fun and friendly working environment as much as possible and we’re disappointed to hear that in your experience this has not been the case.

"A great place to work"

Current Employee - Junior Artist in Watford, East of England, England

I have been working at Camelot Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Away from the hustle of London the Watford offices are surrounded by fields and countryside. The people who work here are friendly and involved in lot of projects for the community and there are lots of lunchtime/afterwork activities you can join in with including yoga or football. Although it is a tricky location to get to, having to drive or get the bus from the town, there are still many amenities in house,... including a canteen, Costa and post room. There is a Morrisons a short walk away.

Cons

There is a distance from town but there are regular buses to and from Watford and Moor Park

Camelot Group2017-11-14

"Admin"

I worked at Camelot Group full-time

Pros

Lovely recuitment team and great office

Cons

Poor management and unprofessionalism from HR dept

Advice to Management

Training and coaching using job descriptions and pdp's to help people develop rather than making everyone redundant.

Camelot Group2017-11-27

"Positive & Upbeat"

I have been working at Camelot Group part-time

Pros

What a breath of fresh air... The offices are bright with colourful and trendy interiors and the staff restaurant is great as we even have a pool table! I really enjoy coming to work as its an easy commute with the shuttle and the environment is super relaxed. I feel very supported by my team who have helped me settle in and are always there to bounce ideas off.

Cons

I can't enter the lottery!

Advice to Management

You're doing great!

Camelot Group2017-10-23

"Passionate, Friendly and Expert Environment to Innovate"

Current Employee - Head of Web in Watford, East of England, England

I have been working at Camelot Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Strong tie between corporate ambition and corporate will to innovate Friendly and Informal Environment – easy to get to know people and interface to get work done Remuneration & Flexible Working make for a good work-life balance "Family" atmosphere

Cons

Be prepared to do hand holding / hearts and minds/ and education with existing stakeholders in areas where you’re bringing some new discipline to the table – ongoing communication and transparency is key to being successful in your role.

Advice to Management

New management is taking a pragmatic view and more focused on doing the right things rather than doing a lot of things and this is delivering business results and motivating staff.

Camelot Group2017-10-23

"Excellent place to work!"

I have been working at Camelot Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Camelot is an exciting and dynamic place to work, with loads of change going on. This leads to opportunities to develop and get involved if you want them. The people at Camelot are lovely and the atmosphere in the office is really positive and it's a fun place to work. -

Cons

Sometimes Camelot can get bogged down in process and getting stuff done can be hard.

Advice to Management

Put in place a structure that makes communication and getting things done easier.

Camelot Group2017-10-31

"A great place to work"

I have been working at Camelot Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's great to see how your work can change lives, both for our winners and for good causes. I really like the working environment, the offices are nice and colourful and there is a good atmosphere. There is opportunity to have a good work/life balance, staff are treated like adults and can manage their work accordingly.

Cons

I'm not able to win any of the massive jackpots on Lotto or EuroMillions

Advice to Management

Keep going

Camelot Group2017-10-12

"Finance"

I worked at Camelot Group

Pros

I got good learning experience in finance sector. Some people are friendly, vending machine is good. Kitchen got good hot and cold food.

Cons

Poor Management, Poor Support, Need Better training for new staff, People leave the team frequently, Is in the middle of nowhere. Poor transport links if no car.

Camelot Group2017-10-20

"Total shambles"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Camelot Group full-time

Pros

- Great household brand to have on your CV

Cons

- Senior leadership are amongst the worst i've ever experienced - Palpable resistance to change that resonates throughout the organisation - Utter disgregard for customers - Company is full of deadwood, with a distinct lack of ideas or desire amongst 90% of the workforce - Terrible culture, lead by a senior management team who have systematically failed to make the difficult decisions

Advice to Management

Take a long hard look at the established status quo, and make the most of the opportunity to make positive change to a brand with acres of potential.

Camelot Group2017-10-05