Cancer Research Technology Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Cancer Research Technology Reviews

Found 7 reviews

2.5
Keith S. Blundy
  1. "Decent company to work for"

Current Employee - Team PA in London, England

I have been working at Cancer Research Technology

Pros

Great team, good cause and good systems in place. Nice offices and great annual leave allowance!

Cons

Structure means that implementing changes takes too long. In terms of my team there was some inconsistency with requirement expectations and goals etc.

Advice to Management

Can't offer any advice as don't feel I know enough about the challenges the face(d). For my direct management there were times that I felt there were inconsistencies.

Cancer Research Technology2015-11-13
  2. "Good company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Cancer Research Technology full-time

Pros

Friendly staff and interesting science

Cons

Sometimes too much work is taken on leading to people being stretched and stressed.

Cancer Research Technology2018-07-18

"Not a the great dynamic company you read about"

Current Employee - Senior Scientist in London, England

I have been working at Cancer Research Technology

Pros

I've had to think long and hard about this one and I can't think of a single Pro if you're the kind of person who is looking for career advancement. However, if you're the kind of person who doesn't "live to work" and more the sort of person who "works to live" then you should consider working for CRT. The hours are good, the pay not bad and nothing much is asked of the staff as the management are always too busy avoiding...

Cons

I you "live to work" then this is not the company for you, unlesss you want to use this place as a quick step into CRUK or buisness management. There is nothing to get excitied about in this company now. No career opportunities within the company and very few benefits

Advice to Management

Senior management of the lab is percieved as weak, directionless and unable to make decisions Group leader level managment are seen as sneaky, gossipy and promote their own agenda.... in fact we wonder what one or two of you actually do on a daily basis. Information still does not flow from the top down (despite the training courses).

Cancer Research Technology2015-02-06

"Where to start..."

I have been working at Cancer Research Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None that I can think of. The campus is quite nice though although there is no interaction with the other companies on site.

Cons

Strange organisational structure. All the middle management have been entrenched for a long time so no new ideas. Politics drive decision making. A few people appear busy but for the most part this is a part-time job with so little expectations on the employees.

Advice to Management

Slimline the management and stop thinking like a big pharma company - you are not that.

Cancer Research Technology2014-11-19

"Dissapointing leadership"

I have been working at Cancer Research Technology full-time

Pros

There is still some very interesting science being done at CRT, and for some very few lucky individuals there are also reasonable to good career opportunities.

Cons

On the whole the outlook is bleak. The company is moving to an 'alliance model', i.e. funded soley by external partners (the charity no longer supports CRT directly). The effect is that CRT is becoming a CRO for early discovery; couple this with working on risky oncology targets, suscess is far from assured and funding far from secure.

Advice to Management

Externally: Fight our corner at CRUK and clarify our role in delivering patient benefit Internally: Don't talk about personal / career development when you have no chance of delivering this across the board

Cancer Research Technology2014-03-05

"Great Science"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England

I have been working at Cancer Research Technology

Pros

- opportunity to work on some cutting edge science - collaborate with leading academics and industry peers - well equipped labs for the size company - good people to work with

Cons

- poor opportunites for personal and professional development - politics - parts of the buisness can be somewhat isolated

Advice to Management

better delegation to staff multi-site labs/offices are clearly a challenge to manage, but sometimes there is a lack of cohesion between various sites/parts of the buisness

Cancer Research Technology2011-01-15
    • "Overview of Corporate Side"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in

I worked at Cancer Research Technology

Pros

Good Work/Life Balance Open and very friendly company Fantastic training and development opportunities

Cons

Serious Lack of strategy/direction in certain areas of the Business Internal Politics Slow in making decisions No accountability

Advice to Management

Be pro-active Make staff accountable

Cancer Research Technology2010-05-01