Capco Associate Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 37 reviews

4.5
Capco CEO Lance Levy
Lance Levy
  1. "A "grad scheme" with a bit of a difference..."

I have been working at Capco full-time for more than a year

Pros

The Associate Talent Programme (ATP) is not a "grad scheme" as such - it's not just open to graduates but offers an entry-level consulting job. This is what I found so interesting at the start, I joined not just with other graduates but people with all different backgrounds and experience! The short, sharp training that I began with offers me a good level of knowledge in the basics of consulting along with a comprehensive...

Cons

Some of the benefits offered aren't as broad as larger corporate firms (however this is somewhat made up for in the competitive graduate salary)

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your people - all the events that go on at Capco are a great way of bringing the firm together and meeting your colleagues!

Capco2018-08-14

August 16, 2018HR

Thanks for your great review and we're delighted to hear that you are enjoying your time as an Associate at Capco. As you mention our Associate Talent Program brings together talented individuals from a variety of backgrounds who are immersed in our structured training program ...

2. "Good training, good people, good opportunities"

I have been working at Capco full-time for more than a year

Pros

Given lots of exposure to clients from an early stage, and lots of support, whatever the role. Very sociable with a consistent stream of events, both big and small.

Cons

Work can be fairly menial at times. Can be hard to fit in training around client work.

Advice to Management

Improve the practical training of new associates. Increase the level of examples of work that might be undertaken, as opposed to largely learning on the job.

Capco2019-08-09
  3. "Diverse and exciting place to work"

I have been working at Capco full-time for less than a year

Pros

The work is varied and challenging. Often thrown in at the deep end which challenges you to learn and pick things up quickly. Most days vary and require you to take in many responsibilities. Our colleagues are diverse, which Capco is truly passionate about. This makes it a great environment to work in. It is what you make it, you are given so many opportunities, it is about how you take those.

Cons

Cannot pick the projects you work on.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on diversity and ensuring staff stay motivated and happy, as they currently are.

Capco2019-08-09
  4. "Associate Consultant - ATP"

I have been working at Capco full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Culture - You are expected to engage with the all Capco employees on community initiatives - Perks and Salary - Exceed industry standard - Training - You are trained to meet industry expectations as well as for your own personal development - Projects - Exciting projects, particularly for people who want to try different things

Cons

None so far although I'm only here a couple of weeks so will post again with an update! - Side note this is not a job for the lazy! It seems like you will only progress if you work hard longevity doesn't play a factor. For some people this might be a con so I put this here.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing - investing in employees and creating an environment that encourages continuous personal development!

Capco2018-07-12

July 18, 2018HR

Thank you for your review and we are delighted to hear that you are enjoying working at Capco.

"Positive experience"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Capco

Pros

Good roles are out there Growing and getting better Good people to work with and learn from

Cons

Some bad roles you need to avoid

Capco2016-11-12

November 17, 2016Consultant

Thank you for sharing your comment. Most importantly thank you for your hard work, and continued contributions. Continue to own your career and leverage your Coach and Business Partner for sound advice and direction as you help us grow.

"Deceitful people"

Former Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England

I worked at Capco full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

In a lighter vein, the free drinks that all consulting employers ply their young employees with - I preferred to think of alcoholic beverages as painkillers during my time at Capco. On the professional front, I guess the brand value that Capco ONCE UPON A TIME used to enjoy, and has gradually poured down the drain was the good bit when I was there. It was vital to get out of the firm before the brand value eroded though,...

Cons

This one is going to be a long one, but I am typing slowly and thinking each one through: 1) Capco is very high on form and weak on substance. This leads over time to a culture where the bar steadily drops and one thinks "Why am I bothering with getting better at my work? Let me learn to either talk BS confidently, or even better, get pally with one of the big shots in the firm". 2) Alas, the management of the firm,...

Advice to Management

My suggestion is to start paying higher salaries and recruiting core quality talent - in finance, in technology, in innovation. Whatever it is you want to do, hire the toppers in each class, and reduce the bloating. And for god's sake get rid of that monstrous rocket hanging in your storefront!

Capco2016-03-14
  7. "Exciting and growing company, great place to start your career"

I have been working at Capco full-time for less than a year

Pros

Capco pride themselves on being different from other larger consultancies. There is a great atmosphere among the staff, many socials and everyone is approachable within the company regardless of level. Roles are meaningful and contain responsibility from the start. Promotions are merit based and occur when the individual is ready, not when they've fulfilled a set amount of time at the company.

Cons

A lot of emphasis on you to drive you own career, help and formal networks exist but the approach won't fit people who prefer a very structured career development plan (no set amount of time for each level). Explosive growth has left some of the company's processes behind.

Advice to Management

Don't try and please everyone.

Capco2014-04-01

"Innovative culture, great people and a place where you can grow your career"

I have been working at Capco full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Interesting Projects - Competent employees - Open and meritocratic culture - Lots of opportunity to get involved in projects outside your day job - Good salary

Cons

- Sometimes have to work out of town - Can be hard to get back to the office if you are working on client site 5 days a week

Advice to Management

Keep in up and continue to keep us involved.

Capco2013-06-14
  9. "A fantastic company to work for with great people, great clients and great projects."

I have been working at Capco full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very meritocratic, contribution to the company is strongly encouraged and access to some very exciting projects and very experience people.

Cons

Work/life balance is tough to maintain at the moment but this will improve with more experience.

Capco2013-04-25
  10. "Great Place to Work At"

Former Employee - Associate Consultant

I worked at Capco

Pros

Great Culture Amazing Work Life Balance Awesome people

Cons

Work can be a little slow at times

Capco2019-06-02