Capgemini Business Analyst Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

UK - All CitiesBusiness Analyst

4.0

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

"Great community and fantastic prospects!"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in London, England

I have been working at Capgemini (More than 3 years)

Pros

Truly collaborative way of working and fantastic opportunities to network if you choose to do so; many locations across the country to work from as your base location.

Cons

Given the size of the company a lot of your progression is down to you and you certainly need to drive your own career.

2. "My time at Capgemini"

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in London, England
    Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in London, England

I worked at Capgemini full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Variety of projects, good training available, knowledgeable people to learn from.

Cons

Lots of travel (not good if you don't want it), team changes for every project

Advice to Management

Need to create more team atmosphere

3. "Technology Graduate Scheme @ Capgemini"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Birmingham, England
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Birmingham, England

I worked at Capgemini full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have reviewed Capgemini a 3 star. The company is fantastic but you have to do the hard work and also whatever you put in you will get out in return. The training on offer was good with structure but then again it was not available for all graduates.

I had the opportunity to cross skill and move into 2 other roles which added a big value for my CV. But then again, it is not available for all graduates. You have to push for the opportunities and one advice I would say is get yourself a good mentor.

Like any other big corporate things like being 'liked' works in your favor. I would say be humble and work hard, if you don't perform well but manage to move up the ranks...it might be okay for a little while but if you leave and go elsewhere it may show. Capgemini promotes team building and career progression but it depends on the individual and their own motivational drive.

Capgemini provides feedback and ensure you get the good and BAD. I have learnt so much because I value honest feedback so I can improve myself, it is not all about getting feedback from your friends to move up the ranks. There will be a point where you have to prove yourself.

I have a good network here and my career has accelerated because of the brand and my qualifications. Capgemini is a fantastic brand. Promotion is slow is some areas but if you jump ship, the opportunities outside are big...but it does depend on the area and technology.

The biggest pro is the firm does mock assessment centers and brings in talent who are not from top universities. It provides an opportunity to those who may not have the academics they had hoped. I think this is an excellent imitative.

I got the variety and exposure i wanted but it is difficult to move within one technology to another. The opportunity to travel is here if you want it.

Cons

Long hours - yes they are long during some projects but if you are a hard worker this shouldn't matter. After all if you are starting out, any experience is good and a level of commitment is required if you want to progress in career.

Reviewers (sometimes)- These are the people who are meant to have your best interests at heart and want to develop you into a leader. Although the most important thing I have to say is that your reviewer has to have faith in you. My reviewer wanted me to stay in the same role and did not want me to explore opportunities elsewhere. Capgemini is meant to encourage to grow their people but this was not the case for me. I did the exact opposite of what my reviewer told me mid way through my scheme and it worked out for the best for me.

Promotion- Just like any big corporate, promotion can take time. I was performing a role higher than my grade however I was happy to gain experience and worked all hours. I had a fantastic team so this worked in my favor when i was looking for outside opportunities.

Pay- Well depends on your own financial situations. I think the graduate salary is fantastic, but the issue is graduates get greedy and leave the scheme early...for some it works out and for others it might not. The increases after promotion are small. For me, I was happy with the investment that the firm put into me for my training during the scheme.

Advice to Management

Keep a close eye on the top performers and do not keep supporting the under performers. Encourage to grow all graduate talents and offer opportunities to all.

Drop the cliques (only in some areas)- we are not in a playground and work together as a team.

Clear and concise communication of management changes...the account i worked for is coming to an end and the environment was not great as the communication from leadership was often delayed...Many people felt anxious due to job losses etc

"Capgemini Graduate Scheme"

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Birmingham, England
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Capgemini full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent training plan, work with the best people and learn from highly intellect and experienced employees.

Will provide good training and invest in their people.

Cons

Difficult to move around or to different location, sometimes feel like a resource which slows down career progression.

6. "Considered a long-term servant, only been here 4 years"

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in London, England
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in London, England

I have been working at Capgemini full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you can tolerate hopeless overseas colleagues then you'll do fine - the job is easy, but be prepared for management to sneer at you for doing less than a 70 hour week (whilst never offering recognition or reward)

Cons

Too much is *rightshored* to save firm money
    No training, unless you're senior management
    Have to fight for overtime to be paid
    Once a year chance of promotion - overlooked if someone newer is *fast tracked* past you.
    Those that are TUPE'd in often complain about feeling unwanted

Advice to Management

Stop fast tracking, look after your current staff. Invest in the UK.

7. "Satisfactory"

I have been working at Capgemini full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility, good work life balance, good career opportunity, management sis approachable

Cons

Slow compare to other companies,

Advice to Management

None

8. This is the end of reviews that meet your filter criteria (UK - All Cities). Below you will find more reviews from other countries

9. "Great company to work for"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Mumbai (India)
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Mumbai (India)

I worked at Capgemini full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Healthy work atmosphere.
    Online training programs to update your skills.
    Tremendous growth opportunities.

Cons

Can't think of anything in particular.

10. "Business analyst"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in New Brunswick, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in New Brunswick, NJ (US)

I worked at Capgemini full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing work culture for women, gives a lot of opportunities to learn new technologies

Cons

Nothing as of now
    I love my organisation

Capgemini Response

18 Oct 2017 – Social Recruiting Consultant

Thank you for a 5 star review! We appreciate your feedback on opportunities to learn and that you find our culture friendly for women. Gender equality is our priority and we have a dedicated... More

11. "The review is based on my experience which has been overall very good & learning & it depends on the project you get."

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Capgemini full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Have worked in 2 projects and the experience has been good. As i was campus hire the first project was ok in terms of what a business analyst do but the scope was limited but in the second project learn a lot about various aspects of business analyst like client interaction, requirement gathering, agile methodology.
    2. In Capgemini the BA-QA role are merged at times.
    3. People in Capgemini are good & helpful.
    4. Initial Package is good.
    5. WFH option based on projects.

Cons

1. Salary hike is less.
    2. Leaves are less compared to other organisations.

12. "OverAll good organization to work for"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Bengaluru (India)
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Bengaluru (India)

I have been working at Capgemini full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Work Environment
    Job Security.
    Supportive management

Cons

Average Salaries,
    No new Projects
    Not a employee focused organization

Advice to Management

Senior Management should be more responsible in getting projects and utilizing the current bench resources instead of hiring new.