Capgemini Reviews

Paul Hermelin
  1. "n/a"

1.0
    Current Employee - SAP Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Capgemini full-time

Pros

Good exposure to the industry

Cons

Does not care about employees

Capgemini2020-03-04
  2. "Get out what you put in"

Current Employee - Commercial Sales in London, England

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good culture, good people, you learn a lot

Cons

Ladder is difficult to climb. Managers dont have much control (most big decisions are made in Paris)

Capgemini2020-01-27
  3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Test Manager in London, England

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Having been with Capgemini UK for nearly 12 years, it is one of the best places to work for. I have met some of the greatest minds and wonderful people here who are always willing to share their experience and support each other. Majority of us have good work life balance, and career progression. This is manifested in their decades at Capgemini from campus.

Cons

Being a top consulting company, the need for travel and work at client offices is inevitable; however this can a pleasure for those who enjoy a consultant's life

Capgemini2020-01-24

January 30, 2020

Thanks for taking the time to post a review and it's great to hear you're still enjoying it here after 12 years. Thanks also for calling out the fantastic career development opportunities on offer at Capgemini. You're right that some of your roles come with travel, and we recognise that this won't suit everyone, so that's something that people need to consider and weigh up before the join us.

4. "Best company I ever worked for."

Former Employee - Client Partner in Telford, England

I worked at Capgemini full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Really collaborative work environment Invest heavily in staff Employ only the best so you're surrounded by good people

Cons

Painful promotion process that creates a hugely political environment that is incredibly destructive and wastes a lot of time as junior people sycophantically try to get time in seniors diaries for promotion cases.

Capgemini2020-01-22

January 23, 2020

Thanks for taking the time to post a review, and it’s great to hear that Capgemini is the best company you’ve ever worked for. We’re really proud to hear that! Thanks also for the specific feedback on the promotion process. The thinking behind this approach is that it ensures that our high performing employees are able to get time with senior leaders in the organisation – we expected that this would be really valuable for their continued development. However, we’ve received similar feedback from other employees and are therefore working to address this currently. In fact we are launching a new approach to performance management for global grades A and B later on this year, which addresses some of the concerns you’ve raised so hopefully you’ll see a tangible improvement before the end of the year. It’s a phased launch so some areas of the business will receive it earlier than others, but hopefully you’ll see a tangible improvement in the process in the not too distant future.

5. "Great company to work"

Current Employee - Agent for 15 Years in London, England

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

International assessment to work with great clients.

Cons

Median salary is a bit below of the market

Capgemini2020-02-05
  6. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Excellent culture and values and a friendly supportive environment

Cons

As with any large organisation decision making can be slow

Capgemini2020-02-04
  7. "Great people and opportunities"

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Woking, England

I worked at Capgemini part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have worked for Capgemini on a permanent and contract basis for almost 20 years, I have worked for other organisations alongside and in between, but it really is one of the better places to work. I'd always recommend people to consider CG, there is flexibility, they are working hard on employee engagement, good benefits and a supportive environment. Many people stay a long time and/or return - which I think speaks for itself. Lots of opportunities to move, alter career etc all within a global organisation. If you have energy and aptitude you'll be rewarded here.

Cons

It's always changing - like any large organisation, but that's not necessarily a bad thing! It's fast paced and you'll work hard but there is flexibility.

Capgemini2020-01-17

January 23, 2020

Thanks you for taking the time to post a review. It looks like you may have moved on from Capgemini, now but I'm pleased to hear you've really enjoyed working for us and we wish you all the best in your future career.

8. "A company with few assets to offer clients"

1.0
    Former Employee - Senior Principal Engineer in London, England

I worked at Capgemini full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have no pros to offer.

Cons

This is simply the worst company I have ever worked for. They have no compassion and treat employees appalling.

Capgemini2020-02-22

February 28, 2020

It’s disappointing to hear that you don’t feel that Capgemini is a positive place to work. It looks like you were here for over 3 years before you left. Did anything specific happen towards the end of your time here that changed your opinion of the company? We have a number of support mechanisms in place for our staff, including a free and confidential 24 hour Employee Assistance Programme – did you reach out to them before leaving? As you mention in your review, we are a French owned company with a global outlook. We welcome and embrace diversity in all forms and don’t have any intention of taking an isolationist view in the future, it’s just not in our company DNA. Without knowing more about your particular situation it’s difficult to know what we could have done better as an organisation to support you but we wish you all the best in your future career.

9. "Great company"

Former Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England

I worked at Capgemini full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good overall flexible working policy

Cons

Pay is lower than competition

Capgemini2020-01-24
  10. "Current employee"

Current Employee - Purchasing Manager in London, England

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Empowerment and very active on diversity and inclusion.

Cons

Office space is a premium.

Capgemini2020-01-23

January 30, 2020

Thanks for leaving a review, and for highlighting our inclusive working culture. You're right that office space can be tight, especially in our London / Holborn office, and we recognise that this is an area that we need to address. It's on our radar and we are looking into how we can improve the situation.

Found 12395 reviews