Car Benefit Solutions Reviews

Found 92 of over 94 reviews

4.7
Car Benefit Solutions Group Managing Director Martin Maguire
Martin Maguire
Pros
  • "A culture of continuous improvement, aimed at enhancing processes and the working environment(in 9 reviews)

• "Amazing employee benefits, yoga, fruit at work, car scheme, great colleagues and the service CBS provides its clients is exceptional(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "As it stands I cannot think of any, I really enjoy my job and working for CBS(in 4 reviews)

• "I genuinely have nothing negative to say about working here(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Finance

87 Comments

Finance

26.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Car Benefit Solutions~1407138
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing, support company and colleagues

Nov 10, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Since starting the company and colleagues have been so supportive and nothing is ever too much for anyone. Everyone is always willing to help. Despite the difficult year all business have had CBS still paid bonus which I did not expect at all. A company who care and look after their staff.

Cons

None that I can think of.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Still

Oct 29, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, values, employee benefits, progression opportunities, work/life balance. It’s relatively easy for companies to treat their teams well during the positive times, and without a doubt, many do. However, the real test comes during more challenging periods such as the last 18/24 months. Throughout COVID the business has done everything possible to to support employees, whether that be in terms of flexibility, mental health support, and not least financially. I am genuinely unaware of ANY other company, across numerous industries, who have behaved so impeccably and with such integrity.

Cons

Keeping it real, there are minor irritations which to be experienced anywhere (because nothing in life is perfect) but nothing that is a material ‘con’ and worth mentioning.

3. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good place to work overall

Oct 6, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- good environment, great team to work with - good support from the team -

Cons

- high staff turnover - poor pay - HR non-existent

Head of People Culture & Values

Thank you for taking the time to add a review and it's great to see you enjoyed the working environment and your team. In terms of the cons, CBS has a lower than average employee turnover and this has been the case for many years. Also, we benchmark salaries twice a year and even during COVID awarded pay increases so it's disappointing you think you were not paid fairly. As a business with a headcount of 160 employees and a HR team of 6 who recruited you, inducted you, supported you during Covid, arranged treats and wellbeing events for you and conducted your exit interview, I would have been keen to understand what constitutes non-existent HR. If you'd like to chat this through so we can identify how this could have been improved, please feel free to get in touch as we're always keen to understand and improve.

4. 4.0

Great Company to work for

Sep 6, 2021 - Team Manager in Bury, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people and the forward thinking structure of the business. Very focused on company members well being. Great interaction with other departments supports learning and development

Cons

Too many meetings scheduled on a daily basis, could be reviewed more effectively to protect time needed for more hands on tasks & daily duties

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

The Best Company To Work For

Jun 16, 2021 - Dealer Scheme Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

CBS has fully supported all Employees throughout the pandemic and I am truly grateful for all the help and support they have given us. The culture is fantastic, everyone helps one another and the benefits package is very generous. CBS honestly is the best company I have ever worked for.

Cons

I can't think of any cons

Head of People Culture & Values

Thank you for your review and I'm pleased that you have felt supported during the pandemic - we look forward to continuing to support you in whatever way you need and to you continuing to be part of a great team.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Super friendly, employee centric company to work for.

Jun 10, 2021 - Graphic Designer in Bury, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Extremely accommodating regarding working environments, family commitments. The employee is always at the heart of what they do. A successful business, in a strong trading position which then gives a backed up sense of security.

Cons

Still having to work from home due to Covid 19, but the company couldn't have done more to make this as comfortable as possible.

Head of People Culture & Values

Thank you for taking the time to add a review. It's great to see your comment about the people being at the heart of what we do as this is always our focus, to support people in whatever way they need. Hopefully as we start to move back in to the office safely you'll enjoy working in a hybrid pattern and experience life in the office!

7. 5.0

Best Ever Start to a New Company

Jun 9, 2021 - Content Manager in Bury, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Having worked at other companies earlier in my career, I can say without doubt, Car Benefit Solutions has been the best start by far. The induction process is second to none, I have been given the opportunity to understand the business first and foremost, while taking on a small number of tasks. There is no stress or pressure to perform immediately, which is a refreshing change. Instead, I am being allowed to set myself up for success with guidance and support from my line manager and the wider team, so I will be able to add value to the business. Car Benefit Solutions has a friendly and welcoming culture, and is a workplace I am proud of.

Cons

I haven't come across any cons.

Head of People Culture & Values

Thanks for taking time to add a review and it's fantastic to see that you benefitted from such a positive start at CBS including through The Big Welcome Induction. Thanks for choosing to be part of our team and we look forward to working with you.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Best company I've ever worked for

Jun 9, 2021 - IT Support
      Business Outlook

Pros

The core values of the company are not just statements, they are practiced from the top down.

Cons

Absolutely none whatsoever. Great place to work.

Head of People Culture & Values

Thanks for such a positive review and long may we continue to be a great place to work!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

I have worked here for the last 17 years, so I think that speak volumes!

May 20, 2021 - Customer Experience Executive in Bury, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefit package Despite growth of company, they have retained the company values and 'CBS Team' feel

Cons

There are quite a few people that have started during lockdown that I haven't met yet!

Head of People Culture & Values

Thanks for your review and for being one of our longer serving employees! We can't wait to welcome you all back when it is safe to do so to enable our new starters to meet the rest of the team face to face without a Teams call to facilitate it! We look forward to having you as part of the team for another 17 years and beyond!

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

The worst company I have ever worked for

Jun 5, 2021 - Human Resources in Bury, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are no positives about this organisation

Cons

This company is terrible to work for. They have a toxic blame culture and only treat you well if your face fits. They under pay significantly and squeeze every ounce of life out of you. Avoid avoid avoid!

Head of People Culture & Values

Thank you for your review. We regularly receive positive feedback on Glassdoor, however, we recognise on rare occasions, some employee’s experiences differ and would like to address your feedback. We’re always grateful for feedback and openly encourage employees to raise any concerns. Our team have fed back to us that they are happy with the culture at CBS, which has led to us being recently awarded Investors in People Gold and multiple Best Companies awards including 26th best mid-sized company in the UK. We do not advocate a blame culture and it is unfortunate you feel you did not fit in with the team. Enjoyment is one of our core business values and it is important to us that all of our employees experience this at CBS. In terms of pay – despite recent challenging times, we awarded a pay increase to all employees in 2020 and also conduct annual salary reviews, this year being no different. Our salary benchmarking demonstrates that we pay fairly and our reward packages are both generous and also focus on employee wellbeing . We couldn’t agree with you more on nurturing hard-working employees. Our flexible working policies and wellbeing support are there to ensure our employees achieve a work-life balance. It is a shame your concerns were not raised whilst you were an employee as we could have supported you. Finally, we have an extremely dedicated team of people who support each other and our customers in a professional and customer centric manner - every single person works hard and contributes to the success of the business. We develop everyone through our learning management system, the hour free learning time a week, professional qualifications and PDPs - our internal progression stats demonstrate that. Thank you again for your feedback and we wish you all the best for the future.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 92 Reviews