CarShop UK Reviews

Updated 2 May 2021

4.7
CarShop UK CEO Nigel Hurley
Nigel Hurley
Pros
  • "All round great company to work for :)(in 13 reviews)

• "Great team ethic and emphasis on one team(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "It is long hours but I do feel the rewards are competitive(in 23 reviews)

• "The only con would be working every weekend if you work in the sales dept, a Sunday off would go a long way(in 15 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Great Development"

Current Employee - Retail Operations Manager in Nottingham, England, England

I have been working at CarShop UK full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Once I finished university I didn’t really know what to do, CarShop recognised my potential and helped develop my skill set further. I worked my way through numerous different positions to get to the role I am in today. Carshop is very big on promoting internally and that’s why I cannot see myself working for another company. We have great leaders, which filters down throughout the company.

Cons

None at this time .

2. "No Regrets"

Current Employee - Brand Experience Manager in Nottingham, England, England

I have been working at CarShop UK full-time for less than a year

Pros

After working for a big electrical retailer for the past 20 years I was so apprehensive about moving into the car trade. My concerns soon turned to excitement when I started at CarShop. I have been made to feel part of the family and that's exactly what CarShop are about, colleagues and customers. I have been supported all through my probation and would encourage all potential employees to take the plunge. CarShop encourage growth and promote from within as well as externally. I have been lucky to be part of a new store opening and have witnessed the journey all our new starers have gone through. CarShop really do care and that's something that is rare in many employers these days. I would and will happily recommend CarShop as a great employer.

Cons

Chocolate Friday's are no good when your on a diet :)

April 30, 2021People Director

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review and for your amazing feedback!

3. "Exciting times, great people"

Current Employee - Contact Centre Manager in Doncaster, England, England

I have been working at CarShop UK full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The business has transitioned over the years to be a people and customer centric business which has helped massively. Culture is fantastic. We want the best from each other for the best possible outcomes for our customers. Great things are happening. A Global Brand, CarShop UK soon to have more stores. Exciting times ahead. Crazy to think when I started we had 4 UK stores. You know exactly what is happening in the business with regular updates from the CEO. The Contact Centre is of course is the best department to work in. Great, buzzing, high performing team. 🦾

Cons

There is none from my perspective.

April 19, 2021People Director

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review and for your fantastic feedback.

4. "RCCC - Great career opportunities, amazing colleagues and a forward thinking approach!"

Current Employee - Sales Team Manager in Doncaster, England, England

I have been working at CarShop UK full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

CarShop has committed to and is delivering upon its mission to create a world class colleague and customer experience. The leadership team are dedicated to providing a supportive working environment where colleagues are enabled to be successful and to learn and develop. Excellent opportunities for progression and the growth plans for the business make it an exciting place to work and give a real sense of belonging and achievement. Generous bonus structure so that looking after our customers, hard work and treating customers fairly is rewarded. Lots of benefits and rewards available.

Cons

Can't think of anything - its hard work and challenging at times but targets are achievable and its great for anyone with a strong work ethic, the ability to remain positive and the determination to succeed!

April 16, 2021People Director

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review and for your fantastic feedback!

5. COVID-19

"A company that truly cares"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Manager in Northampton, England, England

I have been working at CarShop UK full-time for more than a year

Pros

I joined CarShop just before the start of the original COVID-19 Lockdown in February, but onto that later. Pros: Truly immersive introduction to the company - the introduction day at ou Leighton Buzzard prep centre was brilliantly delivered by Rob Pardon and the training team. Journey course was engaging and interesting with the right amount of learning and pressure to make people be successful. Visiting the different stores all around the country and being welcomed by everyone in the warmest possible way. Structured targets and expectations for the first few weeks. Brilliant real-time feedback with no avoiding difficult conversations and allowing a response. Great team ethic and emphasis on one team. Very forward-thinking and open to new ideas, processes and technology. During the COVID-19 pandemic, staff were constantly told what was going on and put on furlough. During that period there was constant reassurance and updates from every member of the senior management.

Cons

Some systems are a little out of date and frustrating to work with. Communication between teams and stores could be a little better at times as things are sometimes missed which causes some issues. Hours in the stores are long and tough but that is part of the job and the stores have a work hard, play hard attitude and reward hard work. Benefits are fairly standard and there is nothing that stands out - this is literally clutching at straws to find a con though.

January 13, 2021People Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for your fantastic feedback!

6. "Amazing people"

Current Employee - Brand Experience Manager in Sheffield, England, England

I have been working at CarShop UK full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Amazing atmosphere due to great people who support and help you when needed.

Cons

no cons at this time.

April 30, 2021People Director

7. COVID-19

"Absolute shambles"

1.0
    Former Employee - SMART Repairer in Leighton Buzzard, England, England

I worked at CarShop UK full-time

Pros

To be honest nothing really. Maybe the 4 days off I used to get when I used work there.

Cons

What I find really interesting is on Glassdoor the reviews are conflicting with the reviews left on indeed. It seem as if the reviews left on Glassdoor are those of which employees are working at the stores. There are not many reviews that talk about working at the prep centre. The reason I left is there are too many big egos running a prep centre with little to no clue about cars. The management have a mindset where they “know it all”. There is no such thing as communication between floorstaff and management. There is zero progression within the company and only those can progress who become puppets under the managers who pull the strings. To make things worse Carshop have handled working through pandemic extremely poorly. No real social distancing. No washing of hands. No care given about devastating covid is having. It’s profit over health. Managers don’t even follow the covid protocols. Managers are not leaders they are dictators. Pay is extremely painful for the amount of work that is expected. In my time working for the company I never ever felt appreciated and never did any one say thank you for helping the company develop. If you speak up for rights etc you are seen as a trouble maker but if you have a “yes boss” mentality you will be the hero of the day. Another issue that I came across is for 12 hour shift we only had 1 hour break which is not enough. The dust and dirt is another big issue.

January 22, 2021People Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. I am obviously extremely disappointed that this was your experience at CarShop as this is not in line with our standards. Please feel free to contact me on fiona.cottle@carshop.co.uk if you would like to provide any further details. Thank you.

8. "Simply the Best"

Current Employee - Head of Business in Doncaster, England, England

I have been working at CarShop UK full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Working / Life Balance Work Culture Customer Service Work Benefits People Work Environment Salaries

Cons

There are no cons what so ever

April 19, 2021People Director

9. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Retail Manager in Doncaster, England, England

I have been working at CarShop UK full-time

Pros

Great team within Doncaster who really goes the extra mile for colleagues and customers

Cons

The stores across group are brilliant however Doncaster could do with a refurb

10. "My best move"

Current Employee - Service Manager in Doncaster, England, England

I have been working at CarShop UK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I feel very fortunate to be a part of the Carshop team. A great business to work for.

Cons

I dont have any negative comments to make

April 17, 2021People Director