Care UK Domestic Assistant Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

5.0
Care UK CEO Mike Parish
Mike Parish
1 Rating
  1. "Excellent workshop training."

Current Employee - Domestic Assistant in Southampton, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Care UK part-time for less than a year

Pros

Really interesting workshops, where I gained a lot of information about the care sector.

Cons

Probably the overload of online coursework to do. I felt a bit pressured to get it done as soon as I could. I felt tired and stressed at times.

Advice to Management

From personal observation, the communication between staff and Management is at times non existant. Anything that can be done to improve this would help a great deal. I have to add that my Line Manager has been very helpful and supportive towards myself and colleagues.

Care UK2019-11-22
  2. "Work review"

Former Employee - Domestic Assistant in Hull, England

I worked at Care UK full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company Pension. training and annual leave.

Cons

Always had staff problems on all levels

Care UK2017-07-05
  3. "CARING UK"

Current Employee - Domestic Assistant in Cheltenham, England

I have been working at Care UK part-time for less than a year

Pros

The staff are all really friendly, as if we're all one big family. The training is outstanding, in the few months I've been there I've had online training and also an amazing opportunity to be trained as a manual handler trainer, which I took up. It was brilliant! Leadership are on the ball, they are great at what they are doing and always look out for the rest of the team. Teamwork is essential, and we always help each other.

Cons

I am at college studying as well, so working and being at college can be difficult, especially trying to manage work-load. We are only allowed 3 days off sick every 6 months, so if we have any more days off due to be really really poorly then we risk losing our jobs. We still have not got a full team in our department so work-load at work can be stressful especially when team are on holiday or off sick and there are less of us to do everything.

Advice to Management

Continue to give lots more training opportunities to all departments, so that all staff are well trained in each areas with high understanding so if needed other departments can step in to help if short of staff but there is an emergency etc.

Care UK2015-03-14