Care UK "carers" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Care UK Employee Reviews about "carers"

Updated 13 Jun 2019

Found 153 reviews

3.9
Care UK CEO Mike Parish
Mike Parish
Pros
  • "Good pay for a non-sales role, rewarding to help others, overtime rates are good(in 8 reviews)

• "Service users are great and nice(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Rota allocation changed last minute so you’re not able to fulfil other aspects of your senior role(in 9 reviews)

• "The cleaners seem to get hot meals and the carers don't so most do have to bring there own food in(in 8 reviews)

Reviews about "carers"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Lack of care"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Care UK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Service users are great and nice

Cons

Office staff rude to carers

Advice to Management

Teach office staff some manners

Care UK2018-08-22

"Just dont!"

Former Employee - Carer in Mildenhall, England

I worked at Care UK

Pros

NONE NONE NONE NONE NONE

Cons

Worked at mildenhall lodge for 10 months. The day I left I was still waiting for some kind of induction. I was not even shown how to get out in the event of fire. I never saw a care plan, was shown how to use the computer file system or even how to use a bath. The residents where lucky to get a 5 min shower once a week as staff levels were so low proper care was impossible to give. I had 3 different sets of management...

Advice to Management

SEE ABOVE

Care UK2016-03-22
    • "Care uk work"

Current Employee - Care Assistant in Billingham, England
      No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Care UK part-time for more than a year

Pros

All correct policies and procedures in place for everything, all training needed offered and opportunities to complete nvqs. Plenty of holidays, never seem to have any problems with pay.

Cons

Pay is not great and we are expected to start early for handover without getting paid and sometimes have to finish late if night staff handover runs over and don't get paid for that. Carers widely undervalued. Not much opportunity to progress within the company. Too bigger workload for the amount of staff.

Advice to Management

I would like to see more interaction from management with care staff. I would like positive feedback when good work has been done.

Care UK2015-06-21
    • "Care UK has given me great experience with a career that I wish to further into Nursing."

Current Employee - Care Worker in North Berwick, Scotland

I have been working at Care UK full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I would consider the pros of working for Care UK being, meeting clients, meeting great other carers. Getting the opportunity to work with other professions such as OT's, Drs, physios. I really enjoy working with the unknown factor in that you don't know how well the client is going to be when you arrive. I feel like I have grown as person since starting this job, I've learn allot about myself.

Cons

The cons of working with Care UK I would say primarily is work life balance. Easily have working 3 weeks straight without a day off. Un-organisation of my branch at times due to lack of staff. Unpredictability of shifts, the rostas can change hourly. Clients rarely know who's coming in to see them due to this which they find frustrating as do the carers. It's difficult to plan...

Advice to Management

Need more staff, recruitment needs revamped, majorly. Structured hours, rostas and routes.

Care UK2014-05-09
    • "Better than some"

Current Employee - Senior Care Assistant in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at Care UK

Pros

Better than most care company's uniforms ok

Cons

Senior care do the same work as nurse yet scrap wage only 20p more than carers

Advice to Management

Give the seniors who handle medications a pay rise of more than 10p

Care UK2013-02-01