Career Connect (United Kingdom) Reviews

1. 5.0

Support and caring

9 Feb 2021 - Flexible Response Coach in Liverpool, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Supported working from home during pandemic and flexible towards a hours to help support home school. Offer training alongside chance to gain qualification whilst working.

Cons

Pay is not the best but there are opportunities to increase salary after 6 month probation as is proportionate considering the qualification cost which is included as part of employment.

Assistant Director

Thank you so much for your positive review about Career Connect. I'm pleased to read that you value the training and qualifications we offer.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good Company to work for so far

9 Feb 2021 - Career Coach in Liverpool, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

On the job training. Supportive team helping me through IAG qualification Current team generally supportive Company have taken everyone's well being into consideration at this current time of lock down Discounts for retails and leisure through companies such as Perk Box Enrolled on pension scheme once pass probation period. Flexible working so have a good work life balance at the moment

Cons

Starting in the middle of two lockdowns has meant I haven't been able to meet my team so it has taken me a bit longer to build up my confidence and knowledge. More time was needed to re-adjust to a new working environment (at home) More explanation required for how appraisals work and how to prepare for them

Assistant Director

I'm so sorry to read that you still havent been able to meet your team in person. Hopefully we'll all be able to get together soon, once this current lockdown eases. Thanks for sticking with it, we do appreciate that joining a new organisation at a time like this is challenging. It's great to hear you've been getting good on the job training and are working towards an IAG qualification through our in-house accredited training centre.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent Charity to work for. Very supportive.

9 Feb 2021 - New Business Manager in Liverpool, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Career connect is a supportive Charity with flexible working hours in a supportive environment especially in the pandemic.

Cons

No cons as such I am just very much looking forward to working in an office again!

Assistant Director

Thanks for your review. We're all very much looking forward to welcoming our people back into the office, just as soon as it's safe and advisable to do so. I'm delighted to read that you've found the charity to be supportive and flexible during the pandemic. We realised very early on that our people don't have a one-size fits all arrangement at home. We have worked hard to understand their unique and individual needs so that we can enable everyone to continue to deliver the essential services, that are needed more than ever during this time.

4. 5.0

Great

9 Feb 2021 - Director of Research & Impact in Liverpool, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Being a part of an organisation where you can make a real difference. Friendly staff, with a focus on collaboration and teamwork.

Cons

To my knowledge there are no cons

Assistant Director

Hello, thank you for taking time to leave us a review. You're absolutely right about the collaboration and team work, it's certainly helped us all through this turbulant year during a pandemic. Thank you for helping us to make a difference to the lives of young people and adults.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A modern, forward-thinking and progressive employer

18 Aug 2020 - Digital Marketing Officer in Liverpool, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Located in city centre location, very well served by public transport. Modern, airy offices with great views across the city. The place has a good team feeling and while work is busy and fast-paced, staff are friendly and relaxed. During COVID-19, company has been quick and eager to adopt new flexible working practices and supportive of safe working practices. Induction training is comprehensive and thorough, with e-learning modules, company intranet and use of software to ensure staff are able to engage with the process of developing good working practices. Company management are supporting of staff continual development and helping to source appropriate support to enable staff members to perform to the best of their abilities.

Cons

Liverpool city centre location (head office) means parking is a challenge but there are plenty of car parking facilities and public transport stops within 5-10 minutes walking distance. Public transport recommended.

Assistant Director

Welcome to Career Connect, I'm pleased to learn of your positve experience through Covid 19. We have been monitoring the situation closely and putting people first in our risk assessments and our planning. Thankfully, staff are now able to start returning to their workplace so that we can get back to doing what we do best... helping people to reach their full potential in work and learning.

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

In custody employment adviser

15 Feb 2021 - Employment Specialist in Preston, North West England, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

flexible, good company, enjoyed the work

Cons

Management and support, no routes to progression

Assistant Director

Many thanks for taking time to leave a review for Career Connect

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A very good employer and excellent induction process.

9 Feb 2021 - Coach in Liverpool, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent support packages, supportive employer, employer HR support and pension.

Cons

None so far have been encountered

Assistant Director

Hello, thank you for your review about the charity . I'm delighted to hear that you've had a positive experience through our induction programme. Despite the lockdown restrictions we've still been able to offer training and support to all our people and understand for our new employees, that regular contact and support is absolutely essential. We're constantly reviewing our support packages and employee benefits, so your feedback is welcomed.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

A successful growing Charity

9 Sep 2020 - Administrative Officer in Liverpool, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked at Career Connect now for 6 years and still enjoy the work that I do and going to work. Some of the great benefits working at Career Connect are: Flexi-Time, giving that all important work/life balance Enhanced maternity pay terms Generous annual leave entitlement starting at 25 days leave (bank holidays in addition And just a great friendly place to work. All teams have a real team spirit and management are supportive and listen to feedback.

Cons

HQ parking can be difficult so public transport is better. But if you are disabled and have a Blue Badge, parking and accessibility is not an issue

1 person found this review helpful

Assistant Director

Thanks for your positive review and for pointing out the accessible parking locally for Blue Badge holders, we're a disability confident employer so it's important to us that all staff and visitors are able to get into our buildings.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

A careers charity supporting better life chances for young people and adults

24 Apr 2020 - Team Leader in Salford, North West England, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Career Connect is a charity supporting better outcomes and life chances for a broad range of clients through delivery of quality and impartial careers information, advice, guidance and support. We are an organisation passionate about raising aspirations in our client groups and helping them to achieve better outcomes in training and work through overcoming the barriers to employment and supporting personal and professional development. The charity's greatest asset is our people; a team of professional and highly skilled careers advisers and employment coaches who are passionate about the work we do and removing barriers to progression for our clients. Our staff are dedicated, flexible and innovative in their work, achieving great outcomes for our clients who are often disadvantaged or experiencing significant barriers to their progression. This is a friendly place to work where people support each other and take pride in the services we deliver.

Cons

The commissioning and funding models for our services can often mean that contracts are short-term (1-3 years) with no guarantee of onward funding. However, our teams are flexible and adaptable and the silver lining in the contracts model can mean more opportunities for employees' professional development and progression.

Continue reading

Assistant Director

Thanks for your detailed review, sharing your experiences working for Career Connect. You certainly 'hit the nail on the head' when you say: "The charity's greatest asset is our people" Our flexible and innovative staff are working in the heart of local communities to truely make a difference to people, helping them achieve great things! It's a very rewarding place to work.

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Overall great company

26 Jan 2021 - Case Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

strong supportive network available throughout the company

Cons

career progression opportunities are limited

Assistant Director

Thank you for leaving us a review on Glassdoor. It's great to hear that you enjoyed a strong supportive network throughout the charity. Our people strongly believe in the work that they do and support each other to do the very best for for their clients.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 28 Reviews