Career Connect (United Kingdom) Reviews

Updated Dec 9, 2021

Found 53 of over 55 reviews

4.5
Career Connect (United Kingdom) CEO Barry Fletcher (no image)
Barry Fletcher
Pros
  • "Flexible working environment that embraces new ways of working(in 12 reviews)

• "Also, Helping me develop my knowledge and experience with Career connect(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "HQ parking can be difficult so public transport is better(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Career Connect

Dec 9, 2021 - Engagement Worker in Wirral, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly, experienced and passionate team. The Wirral Team have a wide variety of experience dealing with Young People and the issues they face. Since joining the team, I have witnessed each and every member of staff proactively working above and beyond expectations to ensure a Young Person can access Employment, Education or Training. Management are approachable but do not micro manage.

Cons

The outsourced IT proves difficult when trouble shooting or setting up IT (phone & laptops).

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A very welcoming employer!

Dec 6, 2021 - Sophomore Springboard Program in Crewe, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

*In-depth training programme *Supportive line managers *Supplied with everything required to work remotely *Extensive, knowledgeable team network

Cons

*Initial HR contact was lacking *External IT department, Aspire, were in-efficient when it came to providing required technology; laptops, mobiles etc

Director (HR)

Thanks for your feedback, we do read all of the comments we receive and use these reviews to improve our processes for our people. It's great to hear that you've had good training and supportive managers in Springboard. Our teams do have extensive knowledge and networks and they're always happy to share this with new people joining us. We would love to hear more about your onboarding experience with HR and the IT Department, so that we can identify where we need to make changes, to improve the way we do things in the future. It sounds like we haven't been as responsive as we should here. I'd be happy to hear from you and explore this further if you could drop me an email please? Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts on Career Connect. I hope you continue to enjoy your work with our Springboard team. Regards Danielle Kneale, Director of HR

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Internal promotion

Oct 18, 2021 - Trainee Careers Adviser in Liverpool, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible working hours In house training Approachable friendly staff Birthday Leave

Cons

Lot's of travelling Pay could be higher

Director (HR)

Congratulations on your recent promotion to Trainee Careers Adviser. We genuinely believe in investing in the development of our own people and have recently offered a number of internal progression opportunities to staff working at Coach level. We're providing the Careers Guidance Level 6 training to our staff who want to progress into more senior roles. I'm delighted to hear that you're already on the pathway to a new role with Career Connect and hope that you will enjoy the training we are providing through our in-house accredited training centre. You've also highlighted the Birthday Leave... we think all our people deserve the day off on their birthday and if this falls on a non-working day, we just ask that people take the extra day off within that month! Flexible working arrangements help juggle the competing demands of work and home life: so if you've had to put in extra hours, we always make sure you've got that time to take back on another day. Some of our staff do have roles where travelling is necessary and we pay travel expenses for any journey beyond the main base of work. Career Connect delivers services across the Northwest and beyond, but we do always try to balance business need with individual circumstances, which means looking at where people live, how they travel to work and whether they have any care resposibilities or disabilities to consider. A lot of our people really enjoy the opportunity to work across a range of different work locations, which also helps us improve access to services for our clients. Thank you for taking time to write your Glassdoor Review. We do take all feedback seriously and review it regularly through our Workforce Committee. It helps us to know what our people value most about working for Career Connect, as well as understanding those areas staff feel we need to improve.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A great Charity with a big heart!

Oct 8, 2021 - Director in Liverpool, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive culture that works together with a strong focus on the young people it helps Excellent leadership team who listen and value all staff Flexible working environment that embraces new ways of working New ideas are fully evaluated wherever they come from so everyone can shape change

Cons

Can be a very busy pace when new contract are won, everyone has to roll up sleeves are contribute. Mainly contact driven so Charity sometimes has to rapidly grow or occasionally shrink depending on performance

Director (HR)

Thanks for taking time to leave us this great 5* Review. You highlight some of the benefits that are often mentioned by other people on our Glassdoor reviews, such as the supportive culture and the flexibility in our working arrangements. It's interesting that you've also said "New ideas are fully evaluated wherever they come from so everyone can shape change" as this is an area we've been working hard to improve. Our staff are all encouraged to contribute ideas and suggestions in a number of ways. We have regular team meetings and one to one discussions, but we have also expanded our digital platforms over the last 12m to encourage more staff engagement. The new intranet site enables people to comment against news articles, post messages of thanks, or post their thoughts. We also have a great suggestion portal called Ideanote where we've been able to capture over 50 ideas put forward from our staff, just in the last 18 months. Many of these have been accepted and implemented but where it's not feasible to adopt the suggestion, we always make sure we give a full response so that people can read why. It's a really popular resource for our staff and we know that not everyone is comfortable putting their hand up at a team meeting so this provides a different approach! We do read all of the reviews posted about Career Connect and take on board the comments from our people. It's good to know the things that you value most because we can continue to build in those areas and work hard to address the areas our people feel we need to improve. Thanks again.

5. 5.0

Apprentice Review

Oct 6, 2021 - Apprentice in Sefton, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

All my colleagues and management have been great whilst starting my job. Also, Helping me develop my knowledge and experience with Career connect. Career Connect has shown me how helpful it is for clients when finding their next path. Resources for learning my job have been very informative.

Cons

When having Issues with IT the response time and the fixing these problems could have been better

Director (HR)

Hi, it's great to hear some feedback from one of our Apprentices who joined us in the last year and I'm pleased to read that you've had a really positive experience with your manager and new colleagues in the team. We do believe that the induction period is an important time for any new person joining the charity so it's reassuring to learn that you have found the resources provided helpful in learning your job. I've noted the comments about issues with ICT and the response times to fix these. We have a new team in place supporting our ICT services, and they're still working through some of the eary teething problems. We have a meeting coming up with the Account Manager shortly so I'll be sure to take forward your comments and raise this with them. Hopefully, when you need to call on our ICT team next time, we'll get you back up and running a little quicker. If you'd like to share any further feedback on this, please do not hesitate to let us know and we'll keep working with the new team to improve response times. Thanks again for your valuable feedback.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Supportive charity with a create ethos and culture

Oct 6, 2021 - Advisor in Sefton, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent manager. Flexible approach to meeting work life balance The charity has been great during covid looking after staff well being while meeting the needs of clients. New CEO proactive in making changes in very challenging times. I have been pushed in my own career development

Cons

Pay for this sector but I understand the charity is restricted by funding.

Director (HR)

It's great to read such a positive review from one of our staff who has been with the charity for 10+ years, thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. We do read all feedback and take on board the good points as well as the advice to management. Our CEO and Board members also care about the feedback we receive, so I'm sure they'll be delighted to read how well supported you feel, as well as the flexibility to achieve a good standard of work life balance. Covid continues to be a challenging time for all of our teams - we'll continue to do our very best to look after our people, so that they can continue to do a great job supporting our clients. Thanks again for your review of Career Connect and for sharing the highlights from your own experience.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Progressive charity

Oct 20, 2021 - Team Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fair leadership Strategic vision Moral and ethical approach

Cons

Can be lack of team dynamic due to remote working

Director (HR)

Thanks for your Glassdoor Review about Career Connect. We value all of the feedback we receive and use this to help improve what we do as a charity. It also helps us to understand the aspects that people value most, because it's important we preserve and build on those too.

8. 5.0

Positive and Supportive Working Environment

Oct 5, 2021 - Flexible Response Team in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company recognises your strengths, skills and experience and encourages you to use them to your best advantage. At the same time, there is support when you need it. The induction is robust, instructive and welcoming. All the staff are friendly and helpful. I have found the company to be fair, efficient and transparent in all its dealings.

Cons

The salary is not the best on offer, but job satisfaction and flexible working conditions are equally important.

Director (HR)

Thank you for this great 5* Review. I'm delighted to read that you feel fully supported and have the opportunity to put your skills and strengths to good use. You've also commented on how friendly and helpful our staff are, which is a regular theme in all our Glassdoor reviews. Fairness, efficiency and transparency are all very important to us - they underpin our values, mission and vision https://careerconnect.org.uk/about-us/our-mission-values/ We're working on our terms and conditions to ensure that we remain as attractive and competitive as we possibly can. We've already started discussions with our union to make sure that the 2022 pay award is as fair as we can make it. I've really enjoyed reading your review and seeing the highlights you mention about your work at Career Connect. If you have any ideas or suggestions for how we might make it even better, I'd love to hear more. Feel free to drop me an email or use our staff suggestion portal ideanote.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for

Oct 5, 2021 - Coach
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly helpful colleagues, support from management when needed,

Cons

Can not think of any.

Director (HR)

It's great to hear that you're enjoying your role alongside friendly colleagues and supportive managers. It sounds like you've settled into your role with Career Connect really well this year. We are always grateful when our staff take the time to leave us a review and we do genuinely appreciate the comments left. Thanks!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Perfect workplace with great work/life balance

Sep 28, 2021 - Senior Finance Assistant in Liverpool, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility in working hours Ability to work from home Fantastic colleagues that are super friendly and smiley Great office that is comfortable and bright Management are approachable and personable

Cons

I honestly have no cons for working here!

Director (HR)

We love to receive feedback from our people and hear that they're enjoying many benefits around flexibility and super friendly work colleagues! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a great 5* Review.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 53 Reviews