Found 331 of over 352 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Long hours and tiring working out in sun" (in 21 reviews)
- "bad management" (in 20 reviews)
- "Supervisors also expected me to stay until THEY wanted me to go home, not the time that it said on my schedule." (in 12 reviews)
- "Lousy pay, long hours, no benefits, high turn" (in 10 reviews)
- "short breaks, managers don't care, long hours" (in 9 reviews)
- 3.09 Sept 2023Food and BeverageFormer EmployeeCharlotte, NC
Fun atmosphere in a theme park. Good for seasonal work.
Scheduling is an issue and not consistent. Constant management change. Lack of direct supervision.
- 4.026 Sept 2023LifeguardFormer Employee
the respectful kids and parents managers were all lovely
the kids 'Karens' the possible injuries that could occur to you as the lifeguard.
- 1.06 Aug 2023Security OfficerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearCharlotte, NC
Good compensation Experience for Law Enforcement
Extreme Micromanagement Massive Burnout Long hours with zero breaks Condescending attitudes from higher ups Never able to get days off Massively understaffed 10:1 and Overworked
- 4.05 Aug 2023BlackoutFormer Employee, less than 1 yearFort Mill, SC
Exciting work atmosphere, group activities, independent work available, and free park tickets
Working late night shifts, heavy traffic entering/exiting, and exposed to the weather/elements
- 5.021 Aug 2023Deep Water LifeguardFormer Employee, less than 1 yearCharlotte, NC
Tight knit group of people even though theres a lot of guards. Very fun environment.
It is HOT outside. You get used to it though.
Carowinds Reviews FAQs
Carowinds has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 352 reviews left anonymously by employees. 67% of employees would recommend working at Carowinds to a friend and 44% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.
67% of Carowinds employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Carowinds 2.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.