Carowinds Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Carowinds Reviews

Updated 11 Feb 2020

3.2
Carowinds CEO Matt Ouimet (no image)
Matt Ouimet
Pros
  • "Free tickets, free admission to the parks and other parks, and the people you work with(in 16 reviews)

• "free tickets after you work a certain amount of hours(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Heat, Short Staffing sometimes makes getting breaks difficult(in 18 reviews)

• "Less hours once summer is coming to an end, long hours on holidays, very strict about rules such as having phone on you(in 17 reviews)

1. "Carowinds CFA Team Member Part-Time"

Former Employee - CFA Team Member in Fort Mill, SC

I worked at Carowinds part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work environment, awesome people

Cons

Hot summer days and that's about it!

Carowinds2020-02-11
  2. "Great First Job"

Current Employee - Food and Beverage Supervisor
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Carowinds part-time for more than a year

Pros

Usually opportunities for more hours

Cons

Very hot or very cold

Carowinds2020-02-09
  3. "Ok"

Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at Carowinds part-time

Pros

Good hours variety of work

Cons

Long hours hot summers cold winters

Carowinds2020-01-24
  4. "It's great if you like following others off a cliff"

Former Employee - Team Lead in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Carowinds full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people Good effort for perfection Benefits

Cons

Mediocre pay Unprofessionalism Cliques Nobody fights for the little guy

Carowinds2020-01-20
  5. "Really Fun"

Former Employee - Scare Actor in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Carowinds part-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible, Fun, Free access to theme parks around the nation

Cons

Not great pay, Can't get many hours when not peak season

Carowinds2020-01-11
  6. "Bad Job"

Former Employee - Food Service Worker in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Carowinds part-time for less than a year

Pros

They will literally hire anyone anytime

Cons

The work is so ungodly boring an unfufilling.

Carowinds2020-01-07
  7. "Great Experience"

Former Employee - Lifeguard

I worked at Carowinds full-time

Pros

Great People and leadership. Like a well-oiled machine of water park safety.

Cons

Kind of intense and stressful.

Carowinds2019-11-26
  8. "Fun and Fast-Paced Working Environment"

Former Employee - Merchandise Associate in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Carowinds full-time for less than a year

Pros

friendly people, plenty of hours

Cons

Mostly outdoors or without AC

Carowinds2019-11-18
  9. "It's alright"

Current Employee - Admissions

I have been working at Carowinds part-time

Pros

Get's me out of my shell and helps me with my communication skills! You get to meet a lot of new people! For the most part, guests are really nice as long as you're nice to them! If you're someone with a bubbly personality, you'll do great in terms of greeting people! Food is cheap and affordable. A meal will cost you anywhere from $2 to $4! You can get cool prizes and employee discounts! Also the associate events are pretty cool! Boutique prices are very reasonable!

Cons

The interview was a joke. I had a group interview with 5 other people who were all applying for different things yet we ALL got put in admissions probably just because. Never got any feedback and was only asked two questions. They don't really pay attention to/care about any inconveniences you may have. I told them before I even accepted the position that I was a full-time student at another university out of state and would only be able to work during the winter summer seasons. Got told that that was fine by several other associates only to find out that it wasn't and that I'd have to come down on weekends to remain active. I still have to tell them this as they continue to ask me to work on days when I have classes. Training is a complete joke. I only got two training sessions which is not enough for this position! The first training session was literally just a 5 hour slide show presentation on stuff that is honestly common knowledge. ( Don't be rude to guests etc.) The second one was literally just someone trying to cram MONTHS worth of the information down our throats within 5 to 7 hours. Out of those 5 to 7 hours, we only went out to practice in one spot, once for 1 5 minutes. They leave out SO much information and expect you to just catch on. You rarely work in the area you think you're working in. In admissions, you get moved constantly. If you're under the impression that you're doing ticket taking or passes, you most likely won't be and will probably spend your time in family care or at the height wall, toll plaza or the exit for most of the day. This is usually the case when they're overstaffed at NG which is almost always because of the volunteers. A few weeks ago, I had a supervisor just drop a lost crying child on me. Didn't tell me to call anyone or anything, literally just walked up to me and gave me the child casually, treating the situation like nothing was going on. I had to ask them to walk me through what to do because I was never trained on what to do during this type of situation. They don't give you time to learn where everything is and get mad if you try to use a map. I'm the type who has to physically see where things are. It's not enough for me to simply look at a map. Also, guests need to know where things are and will get annoyed and sometimes a little rude when they see that you don't know where things are. Breaks are a bit meh. It takes a good 10 to 15 minutes (because you have to make your way around groups of people and sometimes stop to answer questions) to walk to the other side of the park to get to your locker and then to the cafeteria. You'll usually have 35 to 45 minutes, sometimes an hour depending on the supervisor but the process of getting there and then getting your food takes 15 to 20 (remember, you've also got to go BACK to your locker to put things away and then go back to your post)

Carowinds2019-10-14

"Carowinds loves to fire people"

I worked at Carowinds

Pros

Easily hired Free admission to Carowinds for 6 of your friends

Cons

Easily fired My full time manager lied to get me in trouble I didn’t get fired, but I’ve seen others get canned for petty stuff. You’ll also have seasonal supervisors who will try to get you canned for a cell phone, meanwhile they waste hours of company time chit chatting, and checking their Facebook on their cell phones.

Carowinds2019-09-29

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 181 reviews