Cartier "french" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Cartier Employee Reviews about "french"

Updated 8 Jan 2020

3.7
Cartier CEO Cyrille Vigneron
Cyrille Vigneron
Pros
  • "Un beau cadre de travail et un style de management bienveillant(in 13 reviews)

• "Lots of overtime and worked with some of the most amazing works of jewelry in the world(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "The fact that I am not fluent in French might be an obstacle(in 14 reviews)

• "High pressure, long hours, bad management, no upward mobility, no retirement plan,(in 9 reviews)

Reviews about "french"

Return to all Reviews

"Great name poor rewards"

Current Intern - Sales and Marketing Assistant in London, England

I have been working at Cartier for less than a year

Pros

Working with amazing jewelry Great office location Part of a huge and important luxury group Employees sales

Cons

Little space for growth Working times exhausting Low salaries Company culture extremely French Hierarchical mindset

Cartier2018-09-22

"Great products and brand but little progression."

Current Employee - Sales Administrator in London, England

I have been working at Cartier full-time for more than a year

Pros

Prestige of brand is good for cv. Luxury products are a pleasure to work with and you benefit from 40% discount.

Cons

Progression is difficult due to the lack of professional training. The best positions are given directly to French business school graduates from head office and not advertised internally . Poor communication - seems as though people have a 'knowledge is power' attitude and are reluctant to share important knowledge or updates on developments.

Cartier2015-10-25
  3. "Management style"

I have been working at Cartier full-time

Pros

Good company with good products

Cons

Management keeps changing, bias towards French

Cartier2020-01-08

Cartier Response

February 13, 2020Cartier

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. With more than 7,500 employees from more than 90 nationalities – Cartier is proud to offer an international environment. At the same time, we strive to be locally relevant in all of our markets.

Continue reading
  4. "Retail Training Coordinator"

I have been working at Cartier full-time

Pros

Great working environment, career opportunity and well known brand

Cons

The fact that I am not fluent in French might be an obstacle

Cartier2019-08-27

"A lot of processes but the culture is shifting"

CRM Project Manager in Dubai

I have been working at Cartier for more than a year

Pros

A great opportunity to progress your career across the globe. If you work hard and get recognized you can find yourself fast tracked

Cons

Too many processes. Too hierarchal. The culture is boring and way to French. Even the French employees say this. People want change but do nothing about it

Cartier2017-09-28

"Bad work experience"

Former Employee - Planning in Villars-sur-Glâne
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Cartier full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great site and easy to access and park Good cantine Good salary and bonus Strong supply chain processes

Cons

The global ambience is very negative due to hyper competitiveness, constant pressure on work and lack of human vision. Absolute lack of team spirit and "I do it my own way because I am the best" mentality. Not suitable for someone who is looking for a stable job: only people looking to get a better job in 2 years are wanted. Cartier is a fully French (Paris) mentality driven company even if my position was in Switzerland, so I don't recommend this company for someone who is not attached to this model. Superficial values.

Cartier2017-09-10
  7. "Don't"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Cartier

Pros

Prestige of brand Heritage Established company Luxury industry experience, if that is what you are going for

Cons

Does not develop employees, no growth professionally or personally Extremely autocratic, secretive, and rigid Toxic work environment Low pay Lack of career prospectives for non French employees Lack of vision in senior management

Cartier2016-11-22

"Bureaucracy + Politics = High School Popularity Contest"

Former Employee - Corporate Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Cartier full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Beautiful and respectable brand. You can stand by the product because you know that Cartier is one of the world's leading luxury jewelry and watch brands. Many of the employees are a pleasure to work with. If you are independently wealthy you will be able to buy the products with the small employee price adjustment, however not just on the salary Cartier pays.

Cons

To get ahead here you need to be pushy, aggressive and know how to play the corporate game. You need to strategically befriend certain executives if you ever want to be given more opportunities and career growth. Its a popularity contest and if you are will to be inauthentic and learn how to manipulate your superiors, you will do well here. Major lack of transparency among leaders and many inefficient and even harmful HR policies. It helps to be French here - helps even more if you are a French man. They seem to be the only ones who have rapid career growth and who are given the opportunities to hold various roles within the company.

Cartier2016-11-16

"Great Company Creatively, Low Pay"

Former Intern - Intern - Hourly in New York, NY
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Cartier for more than a year

Pros

Cartier is much smaller a company than one would think, which provides great opportunities for those who are entrepreneurial and enjoy wearing many different hats. The cache of the brand Cartier rings as substantiated by the creation of a truly superior product.

Cons

The HR department through Richemont is horrendous. Many of the salaries and benefits offered to non-executive employees were shockingly low. If you don't speak French, you may have difficulty forging work relationships with colleagues, or even participating in work meetings / conference calls

Cartier2016-03-10

"Great company/history, poor management."

Former Employee - Services Coordinator in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Cartier full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits, demanding, meet lots of people. Jewelry is a work of art. Stable company lots of commission based incentives, and lots of ways to increase industry knowledge.

Cons

Management is prone to the good 'ol boy system. No advancements to corporate unless you are french. High demand to make quota EVERYTHING must be perfect.. no exceptions

Cartier2015-09-11

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 14 reviews