Cartier "jewelry" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Cartier Employee Reviews about "jewelry"

Updated 28 Oct 2019

3.7
Cartier CEO Cyrille Vigneron
Cyrille Vigneron
Pros
  • "Un beau cadre de travail et un style de management bienveillant(in 13 reviews)

• "Lots of overtime and worked with some of the most amazing works of jewelry in the world(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "The fact that I am not fluent in French might be an obstacle(in 14 reviews)

• "High pressure, long hours, bad management, no upward mobility, no retirement plan,(in 9 reviews)

Reviews about "jewelry"

Return to all Reviews

"Great name poor rewards"

Current Intern - Sales and Marketing Assistant in London, England

I have been working at Cartier for less than a year

Pros

Working with amazing jewelry Great office location Part of a huge and important luxury group Employees sales

Cons

Little space for growth Working times exhausting Low salaries Company culture extremely French Hierarchical mindset

Cartier2018-09-22
  2. "Craftsman to the Stars"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Cartier full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Diverse Coworkers that all had passion for doing an excellent job. Lots of overtime and worked with some of the most amazing works of jewelry in the world

Cons

None that I can think of

Cartier2019-10-28

Cartier Response

December 10, 2019Cartier

Thank you for sharing your review, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your time working at Cartier.

Continue reading

"Amazing company with a great legacy, tied down by red tape"

Former Employee - Digital Media Assistant Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Cartier full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Everyone in the NYC HQ is incredibly kind, even the counterpart teams in Paris HQ - The Cartier brand is quite a legacy; instantly recognizable and respected and appreciated by everyone who works there, all our clients, and even our competitors - Great place to network and establish strong luxury connections given the brand recognition - Great office space; it's semi-open floor, with most of the executive offices having glass walls/doors so there's a lot of light and it doesn't feel stifling - Amazing products - jewelry, watches, accessories you can't help but stare at and appreciate the craftsmanship for - The training and development program for all Cartier FT employees is amazing - trips to Paris, the manufacture in Switzerland, and deep dives into Cartier's rich history - Cartier is part of the Richemont portfolio, so you have access to training & careers at other luxury brands within the Richemont family which is a huge plus

Cons

**this is just for NYC hq. none of the commentary below would apply to the store teams - So. much. red. tape. - A very professional environment i.e. wearing suits every day as a man or high heels every day as a woman - It got very political between teams, especially among management - made it very difficult to collaborate among junior staff - There are some teams that are very understaffed, and others that get all the resources just based on upper mgmt favoritism - again, not great for building collaboration across teams or for morale - Difficult to get promotions and raises within Cartier; some people have been there for years with the same title

Cartier2019-02-10

Cartier Response

October 8, 2019Cartier

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed working with us. We are glad to hear that you made the most of our training and development opportunities – including our Amazing Cartier program which offers employees the chance to travel to our Paris Headquarters and Switzerland Manufacturing facility. Our goal is to empower our talents and give them the tools to excel at Cartier, and beyond. We are sorry to hear that our processes did not meet your expectations. Having over 7,500 employees means we have to have frameworks and processes in place. But these are designed to support you, creating an environment where you can do the best work you can, whilst achieving your professional and personal ambitions. We also hear your concerns about collaboration and red tape. We are continuing to find ways to break down silos across teams and departments through cross-functional task forces for strategic projects and more fluid collaboration. With regards to the corporate dress code, in the past year we have implemented a “Dress For Your Day” policy which empowers our corporate team members to dress business-casual or formal, depending on the day’s activities. Thank you again for your thoughtful review, we really value your feedback.

"Service Advisor"

I worked at Cartier full-time

Pros

Great start for someone who would look to make a career in fine jewelry. Good discount and exposure to beautiful jewelry.

Cons

Poor management. No updward mobility. Long hours.

Cartier2018-08-28

"Dysfunctional, low pay, poor management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Cartier full-time

Pros

I met a few great people.

Cons

Very poor management. Management is hired based in how long they've been with the company or how well higher ups may like them. The managers have no people skills, no task management experience, and no leadership skills. They don't know how to grow employees nor do they want their employees to grow and learn. They definitely do not give raises unless you're in a store location. The 'management' has no clue about the actual jewelry business as a whole i.e. stones, jewelry repair, basic jewelry 101. Although HR is aware of all the problems with management nothing gets taken care of. When all of HR starts to quit, there clearly is a big problem!

Cartier2018-08-12

"Intern at Cartier"

Former Employee - Intern in Paris

I worked at Cartier full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good to get exposure to the luxury jewelry and watch industry, good to have as your first opportunity after education.

Cons

Very time sensitive projects, workload is very high as the teams are relatively smaller and the atmosphere is not that friendly.

Cartier2018-04-24
  7. "Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Toronto, ON

I worked at Cartier full-time for more than a year

Pros

No late night Free uniform dry cleaning

Cons

Both jewelry and watches always broken yet management insist that's clients fault Other sales associates always steal sales and clients yet manager turned a blind eye Abusive and toxic work environment HR and management throw you under the bus only to save their jobs Never trust HR nor whistleblower, they will make your life hell Keep cutting commissions therefore a lot of sales left to competitors Too much red tapes and policies Most boutique managers are nightmares yet HR never investigate

Cartier2017-09-07

"Great !"

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in New York, NY

I worked at Cartier full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good support from seasoned veterans. Many opportunities for to learn about the jewelry industry.

Cons

Some Sales associates rely too much support staff even during low season. If there is no potential for sale they will not engage in helping out with exchanges even if they are available and is their client.

Cartier2017-02-10

"Bureaucracy + Politics = High School Popularity Contest"

Former Employee - Corporate Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Cartier full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Beautiful and respectable brand. You can stand by the product because you know that Cartier is one of the world's leading luxury jewelry and watch brands. Many of the employees are a pleasure to work with. If you are independently wealthy you will be able to buy the products with the small employee price adjustment, however not just on the salary Cartier pays.

Cons

To get ahead here you need to be pushy, aggressive and know how to play the corporate game. You need to strategically befriend certain executives if you ever want to be given more opportunities and career growth. Its a popularity contest and if you are will to be inauthentic and learn how to manipulate your superiors, you will do well here. Major lack of transparency among leaders and many inefficient and even harmful HR policies. It helps to be French here - helps even more if you are a French man. They seem to be the only ones who have rapid career growth and who are given the opportunities to hold various roles within the company.

Cartier2016-11-16

"Amazing company"

I worked at Cartier full-time

Pros

If people with jewelry experience knew how amazing this company is to work for, no one would be working anywhere else! The benefits are amazing, they even do your dry cleaning for you!

Cons

Be prepared to work at a pace that you didn't think was possible. It is busier than you would imagine and there is no, none, never any down time.

Cartier2015-12-23

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 14 reviews