Castor Reviews

Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company

May 19, 2021 - Consultant in Brighton, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good money good money good money

Cons

none none none none none

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing Culture

Jun 25, 2021 - Training and Development Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

By far, the best work culture I've experienced in my career. Tons of support and collaboration, yet, you have the autonomy to preform the job you were hired to do.

Cons

We could use some more options for health benefits in the US.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Sales Operations Analyst

May 11, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great culture, management team and product

Cons

- Cannot think of any minuses

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Working at Castor

Feb 6, 2020 - Talent Acquisition Coordinator in Amsterdam
    Business Outlook

Pros

The nicest thing about working at Castor is how much they care about their employees. Starting to work at the company feels very easy, as the onboarding is very well planned and you get all the tools you need to succeed in the role. Also, the benefits and initiatives regarding work-life balance are great, and it contributes to a great working environment. I especially enjoy the healthy (free) lunch we have every day, and the different spaces available to work in the office focus area, kitchen, meeting rooms, etc). Also, in terms of culture, it is great how open and honest the environment is, and how you can trust your colleagues to share feedback and help you develop.

Cons

Although flexible working from home is allowed once a week, it would be great if there would be more space for working from home.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great team and culture

Sep 1, 2020 - Head of Department in Amsterdam
    Business Outlook

Pros

Direct communication, a motivating mission, and a smart, caring team

Cons

Bit chaotic at times (like most startups)

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

A wonderful place to work!

Feb 9, 2019 - Marketing & Growth in Amsterdam
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture at Castor was exceptional when I worked there. Aside from the perks (friday drinks, snacks, team outings, lunch provided, etc.), employees are inspiring to work with. The team is close and supportive, everyone is friendly and accepting of personal differences, and there is emphasis placed on personal and professional growth - you really feel excited to be at work everyday. I recommend working here if you want to be surrounded by intelligent, driven individuals who are always looking to improve and who genuinely care about the company they work for and about improving the world.

Cons

The atmosphere is fairly social, which can be distracting at times (luckily you can work from home 1 day per week!). I think it's better suited for extroverts but the team will be accepting of people who are more introverted, too.

1 person found this review helpful

Castor Response

Talent Acquisition Partner and Employer Branding Specialist

Hello from The People Team, Firstly, we would like to thank you very much for sharing your review of what it was like to work at Castor. We truly value all our awesome Castorians and it's great to hear some of things you loved about working here. We also appreciate your fair and constructive feedback. As we grow, this will be really useful to help the development of our teams, people and way in which we work. From all of us at Castor, we wish you the utmost success in your future career. Who knows, our paths may cross again. Best wishes, Eric.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Awesome fast growing company

Aug 4, 2017 - Customer Success Manager in Amsterdam
    Business Outlook

Pros

I started working for Castor EDC 1,5 years ago, never had a boring working day since then. Tasks are diverse since te company grows very fast, so a lot of new things happen every day. Healthy work environment, but most of all really cool team with friendly and smart people. Which makes the Friday drinks also a lot of fun. Other nice thing: feel like I make a difference which is for me very important in a job

Cons

Since there are a lot of new things happening every day, there is not always a workflow in place to support you. Personally I like it because then you can make that yourself :)

4 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee

I love working at Castor EDC!

Jan 16, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The vision of the company as well as the driven, enthusiastic people working towards it will not leave you indifferent. Everyone is considered an equal part of the team and is appreciated for their work with appropriate feedback given, as well as room for personal development and growth. The work atmosphere is friendly and enjoyable; a lot of attention is paid to nourishing interpersonal relationships through group social events, which are loads of fun. All of this, in addition to the innovative, fantastic product(s) make me love working at Castor!

Cons

The exponential growth of the company can lead to overwhelming tasks, but help is aways offered when necessary. The flat hierarchy is in general a positive, but in some cases causes a lack of guidance and standard management, especially for entry positions.

9. 5.0
    Current Intern

Awesome Company with the Best Team

Dec 7, 2017 - Software Engineer(Internship) in Amsterdam
    Business Outlook

Pros

An amazing team and company culture that strongly encourages open communication and idea sharing. Very interesting software engineering challenges focused heavily on security and medical data storage and processing. The fast moving atmosphere gives you opportunities to work in many different areas and tasks and have direct input on the end product. The great atmosphere and amazing team combined with dynamic leadership, daily company lunches, and regular company outings makes it an awesome place to work.

Cons

Because the company is growing very quickly it can be hard to keep track of standards and processes. In many cases you will encounter tasks that don't have a set process what can sometimes be a challenge.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Place to Work.

Dec 8, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Good people and great team culture - Valuable product - Opportunities to learn Despite being a former intern, current part-timer, my perspective was and still is considered just as valuable as anyone else's. This makes it easy to contribute and easy to learn.

Cons

- Expected instability that comes with a quickly growing company

1 person found this review helpful