Catch22 Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 8 February 2019

3.6
Chris Wright

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Inlusive, collaborative & caring"

Current Employee - Director of Justice in Snodland, England
    Current Employee - Director of Justice in Snodland, England

I have been working at Catch22 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

An organisation that cares, that listens and is supportive. Opportunities to develop and learn with a great network social media platform. There are good incentives, good work life balance (depending on role), rewards schemes, generous annual leave and a diverse inspirational work force.

Cons

Frontline staff do not always receive pay that is comparable with Catch22 competitors.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen/feedback to staff and their concerns/issues. Improve pay for frontline teams as opportunities arise.

2. "Nurturing, innovative and inclusive!"

I have been working at Catch22 full-time

Pros

Great opportunities for self development and growth within a diverse people -centric organisation. All that work here have open minds and open hearts, with those we support needs as our primary focus.

Cons

We work in challenging environments with people from our communities that have experienced trauma. This must be considered when applying for one of our rewarding roles.

12 Feb 2019 – Employer Brand Manager

You make a very valid point. We work in some really challenging situations and our frontline roles aren't for everyone. The more we can do to highlight this, the more likely it is that people will... More

3. "Real scope to get stuff done"

Current Employee - Employer Brand Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Employer Brand Manager in London, England

I have been working at Catch22 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

First off, full disclosure here: I'm the Employer Brand Manager here at Catch22, and it's part of my job to look after our Glassdoor reviews page. That said, I can honestly say that I've had a great start to my time here at Catch22. I've got a lot of stuff done here that I've been unable to achieve at other organisations. You're trusted to get on with delivering against your objectives, and staff and management are generally receptive to what you have to say.

We do some great work in very difficult circumstances, and some of the stories you hear of how we have turned peoples' lives around are truly inspiring.

Cons

Working in head office, you can often feel removed from what's happening out in the field. That works both ways and I think service-based staff can feel isolated from colleagues in other services and head office. However in my time here big steps have been taken to make staff feel like they are part of something bigger. the launch of the new social intranet (Workplace or "Facebook for Work") has really helped, along with a new annual all-staff conference amongst other initiatives.

Advice to Management

Continue on this journey of improvement, and keep listening to your staff. (I will continue to monitor our Glassdoor reviews page and will be sure to let you know what people are saying)

4. "Every role helps make a difference to someone's life!"

Current Employee - Anonymous in London, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous in London, England

I have been working at Catch22 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- I feel very well respected and listened to. My opinions and ideas are discussed as well as implemented if beneficial to the company.
    - Training has been provided to help me progress in both my job and my own personal/technical skills
    - I know that everything I do contributes towards positive outcomes on someone's current living or educational situation. Even indirectly, I am enabled to make a difference to someone who needs it

Cons

- Salary does not always reflect additional job roles - Upon discussing this with a manager, this was resolved (again contributing to the Pro about being listened to)
    - Can be extremely challenging at times with a fair bit of pressure

Advice to Management

Assist with additional resourcing when there are too many tasks for a team to complete and be more proactive surrounding increasing of salary where living costs are increasing at a higher rate

12 Feb 2019 – Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for your input. It's great to hear that you feel listened to and that you've been able to develop yourself during your time with us.

As mentioned in other reviews, we're working at... More

5. "Forward looking organisation with strong values and great CEO."

Current Employee - Assistant Director
    Current Employee - Assistant Director

I have been working at Catch22 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Wide spectrum of interesting services, excellent CEO & Senior Management team, great reputation as leading 3rd sector provider of public services. Highly ambitious and passionate for reform.

Cons

starting wage of operational frontline staff lower than industry standard (however plenty of opportunity to progress quickly for motivated staff

Advice to Management

Address starting wages for frontline to align with industry standards.

1 Feb 2019 – Manager

Thanks for your review. We’re focused on raising salaries across the board. Last year we aligned all of our salaries with the living wage and are now working towards becoming a full living wage... More

6. "Good"

I have been working at Catch22 part-time

Pros

Interesting work with NCS, stimulating, a lot of fun

Cons

Can be cliquey, hard to progress, management favourites

8 Feb 2019 – Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for the review, I have shared it with NCS colleagues. Do get in touch if you feel comfortable doing so.

7. "Lack of support and recognition from above"

I have been working at Catch22 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Front line staff work together and have a good support system with each-other. You and your colleagues do incredible things to change the lives of young people.

Cons

little to no recognition from the powers above. Pay often does not reflect what front line staff do. Staff are expected to take on responsibilities that are not reflected in job title or pay. Deadlines are set unrealistically when compared with the work load at hand.

Advice to Management

Give staff an opportunity to be paid what they deserve. Staff who work on the front line generally love what they do, and have the passion to go with it. But it is not financially viable in the long term without the opportunity to train and progress.

8 Feb 2019 – Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for your honest review. We know our salaries don't always match up and want to address this: we're working on becoming a full living wage accredited employer.

Recognition is of course... More

8. "excellent company with excellent staff"

Former Employee - Administrative in Basildon, South East England, England
    Former Employee - Administrative in Basildon, South East England, England

I worked at Catch22 part-time (More than a year)

Pros

great people who work in extremely hard situations

Cons

none that I can think of

Advice to Management

keep up the good work managers

9. "An unsocial business"

Current Employee - Teacher in Portsmouth, South East England, England
    Current Employee - Teacher in Portsmouth, South East England, England

I have been working at Catch22 full-time

Pros

Job did seem varied and interesting.

Cons

Offered job in January 18 and told to wait till March before role would start. Accepted offer though very poor pay, received PAYE info, new DBS, etc., All seemed okay, but two days before I was due to start an operations manager, who, so he told me, had very recently started, and whom I had never meet or spoken with before, informed me that they no longer wanted me because of funding issues.

Only writing review so others know that a job offer with them at this time is tentative at best. Plus, I really don't think they considered or cared about how this decision would affect me as an individual. Totally contrary to their professed PPPs motto.

Advice to Management

Better, honest communication.

11 Apr 2018 – Employer Brand Manager

We're sorry, this fell short of the high standards we hold ourselves to. We couldn’t move ahead with this job offer because unexpectedly, funding for this service changed. It wasn’t something we... More

10. "Exciting, challenging place to work"

I have been working at Catch22 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There's always something going on at Catch22- I've never worked at such an ambitious, fast moving place. Clever, passionate people work here, and I was promoted within my first year. I've seen a lot of changes in the last two years, but they've all been positive.

Cons

Catch22 is huge and spread out all over the country, which makes it hard to stay in touch with people from round the organisation, and share best practice.

Advice to Management

Invest in internal communications so that we can learn more from each other!