Centric Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.0
Centric Consulting CEO Dave Rosevelt
Dave Rosevelt
Pros
Cons
  • "The company's local-based model is being stretched right now as some business units break into much larger clients(in 19 reviews)

• "Your personal life will become hell since there is no work-life balance(in 9 reviews)

1. "Focus on Culture"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant

I worked at Centric Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best coworkers you will ever meet. Nobody cares like Centric does. Everyone from the CEO to the newest hire genuinely care about creating a positive work environment and going above and beyond for clients. The doors are always open to senior management and they take the time to listen to everyone's input and feedback.

Cons

Need to get better at supporting virtual teams and digital collaboration. It's easy to feel silo-ed when on a virtual project or when working on smaller teams at the client locations. The company is growing and has some teething issues during this transition but I definitely see them addressing these issues head on.

Advice to Management

Create more defined career paths and incentives for younger employees and recent college grads to help them see how they can grow into a leadership role at the company.

Centric Consulting2016-04-21
  2. "It's different and it's amazing"

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

Centric has setup a different environment as may not have seen or heard elsewhere. Most of the pros can already be seen in other reviews. What I'd add is the transparency leadership team shares and their openness. You could see in some of the recent negative reviews that one of the partner has responded back and mentioned about an open door session, i happened to attend on session this time with this leader. He was... very down to earth, asked for any feedback and responded to all my queries. I didn't had any feedback as such but loved the conversation we had. So, overall a different (Positive) setup where you get to work from home, work directly with USA architect and clients, healthy environment and good team bondings.

Cons

I don't mind it but have heard some folks talk about onsite opportunities which are very less here and almost all projects require developers to work till late in night to support US clients. Also architecture and design opportunities are limited even people with ten plus years of experience has to code like individual contributor.

Advice to Management

As the size is growing you need to bring good opportunities for design and architecture and people management to senior folks to groom them for future.

Centric Consulting2019-12-08

"So far its amazing!!"

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Has been working here for 2+ years, and so far journey has been smooth and rewarding. Its a different organization definitely as the work culture is different from any other service organization I have worked in past. Here are some of the Pros: 1. Work life balance - Every one gets a laptop and WFH. 2. Company work on new technologies. 3. Most of the projects are development type, less support work. 4. Good... pay master compare to others. 5. Flat hierarchy in organization. 6. Good exposure working with direct client and on-shore counter parts. 7. Lots of parties to engage colleagues. Annual party this year was organized in outstation where every one was given a room to stay in 5 star hotel.

Cons

Nothing as such, but may be not a company for everyone. The expectations are very high, you can't hide behind other team members, have to learn latest technologies your self all the time and take self initiatives to impress clients. Overall they want consultants not just developers.

Advice to Management

Keep doing good job, and start investing in formal training of your talent pool.

Centric Consulting2019-12-02

"Best Place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time

Pros

Centric is a great company to work with The India head and the Leadership always thinks best for their employees be it parties, gifts bonus etc They have always been supportive in case people want to pursue some other role or position according to the interests This company has been really in carrier growth as they paid for my certifications.

Cons

They have 2 floors 1st and 4th it would have been nice of all can sit together on just one floor

Centric Consulting2019-12-02

"Dream Company with a Superb work culture"

Current Employee - Consultant in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

Centric is an amazing firm. There's an unbelievable amount of freedom and the work culture is just perfect if you like to own up your work and possess decent technical knowledge. No other IT company in India can match the amount of flexibility you get here and the level of trust that Centric has on its employees. Coming from a big IT Consulting firm, I found Centric very comfortable. A fast-growing firm with 160... employees will certainly face all sorts of challenges and it will be impossible to keep everyone happy. However, higher management tries its best to listen to each and every employee. Manish, Brian, and Jason are great leaders having a vision for the future. It is always fun to interact with them and they are forever open and welcoming to questions. I request you to not pay heed to some negative reviews which might have arisen out of spite against a few individuals or vertical leads. Most of the vertical leads here are very friendly and understanding. Centric hosts frequent parties and there are festive celebrations that provide a great opportunity for new joiners to interact with the leadership and other employees. They have been able to acquire some great talent in every domain and most people here are technically sound in the technology they work on. Overall it has been an amazing experience working here and I would definitely recommend this company to anyone without a second thought. Centric is a place where you can choose to spend your entire career and retire comfortably.

Cons

There's not enough uniformity across verticals. I have heard people whine about their manager being too strict when it comes to attending office whereas most other managers don't care if work from office or home as long as you meet client deliverables. Few people work remotely for months whereas some others are forced to work from office 3 days a week. I think the firm policy should be a bit more clearer and... enforced uniformly for every individual irrespective of their team. This is just a meager issue and I didn't see any other con so far.

Advice to Management

Focus on creating an amazing brand name for Centric in India. Centric is still relatively new in India and the first few hundred employees will accurately define it's reputation among the Indian workforce. We should focus on hiring high quality talent only as good employees help in creating a good brand. We should never dilute the quality of talent at Centric because it's ultimately some people we hired who never... fit in our culture and cry foul by posting negative reviews. It would be great if we avoid hiring people who won't fit into our culture. Also, there is no baseline test in the entire interview process to determine if a person can efficiently communicate in English. While some people were evaluated on their communication skills, others weren't. Overall, the hiring process needs to be standardized because it does speak a lot about Centric's brand to the outside world. Thank you for leading Centric and keep rocking.

Centric Consulting2019-11-17

"Amazing place to work"

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Work life balance -No micro management -Good policies and benefits -Good Management -Learning environment

Cons

cant think of any major challenge

Centric Consulting2019-11-15

"Good culture and work-life balance"

Current Employee - Consultant in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good work life balance Very liberal company policies Work from home No rigid working hours Lateral career movements Open Culture

Cons

Projects with new technologies can be introduced

Advice to Management

Grievance handling should be stronger

Centric Consulting2019-11-15
  8. "Why i am wasting time in centric ?"

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time

Pros

- WFH - Flexible working hour

Cons

-- Every lead are from Aon , they prefer people from Aon for growth. -- Nepotism. Husband(lead) and wife work in the same project. -- Job insecurity. -- Confused management. -- 5 star ratings are provided by the Hr because to compensate for the continues negative comments by various people. -- Self made politics.

Advice to Management

no comments

Centric Consulting2019-12-03
  9. "Reviews are True"

Current Employee - Leadership

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

When you interview with Centric you almost don't believe that culture is as paramount as everyone says or the reviews here on GlassDoor. Joining the Centric team was not an easy decision for me to make, I was leaving a job that I enjoyed, with a team that I cared about. However, the opportunity to join a company that embraces "being human" and revolves around unmatched experiences for their clients and their... employees was intriguing. I'm glad I made the decision to join the team, and I'm happy to report that everything I was told in my interview process and read online was highly accurate.

Cons

The company is growing, and with that comes some pain, which is typical with any organization. I have been through similar types of experiences and can attest that Centric is managing towards the right kind of change. We are working to make improvements to our internal processes, which will help tremendously.

Advice to Management

Continue to be approachable and focus on our experience with Centric. Challenge our thinking and strategy in a way that allows us to connect and grow, which has already been my experience.

Centric Consulting2019-10-17

"The Organization Justifies Its Name ( Doesn't Care about Employees)"

Current Employee - Full Stack Developer in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

There's one, they provide decent packages, but that too comes with a price!!

Cons

First of all, don't get fooled with the positive reviews and overall ratings, as they are from US employees. The organization truly justifies its name (Centric), doesn't care about the employees. Let's talk about the so-called flexi-time policy of the company. HR would boast about this policy, and may even suggest you to leave early in the starting one or two weeks, saying you can do WFH. But this is just a trap,... in the coming days, you would be burdened with so much work, that you would be working for more than 9hrs a day. You would be asked to join in meetings at odd hours regularly, and the flexi-time policy and WFH will turn into work always from anywhere, no matter what. Secondly, there is zero IT support. You would be given a laptop on the first day, which you would have to set up on your own. Moreover, if you face any issues with the device in the coming days, you would have to deal with it on your own since there is no IT support team to help with this. This is just the beginning of the list, and it keeps ongoing. For eg., you are told not to log your extra working hours in the time-sheet (which you will be doing every day), this is the price you would have to pay for the package which will be offered to you. There is no process for the development cycle, you would be asked to deliver items in one day without any prior notifications about the release. - Poor management, no planning for the upcoming requirements. - Your personal life will become hell since there is no work-life balance. - Management always fail to take proper decisions in crucial situations. - No planning for long-term. If you are someone who doesn't care about personal life, can take calls with very short notice, please go ahead and join. For the efforts you would be required to put in, you can easily get a job with much higher package.

Advice to Management

Please do not remove negative reviews from Glassdoor

Found 254 reviews