Centro Account Manager Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 7 reviews

4.0
Centro CEO Shawn Riegsecker
Shawn Riegsecker

"Great Company, Great Culture, Great Place to Learn and Grow"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of encouragement to learn and grow on the job. Unfortunately, it's so hard to get in now that I'm not sure that they're even hiring anyone who'd need to learn on the job. Great people. I personally had wonderful managers.

Cons

U.S. based offices could use a lot more ethnic diversity. I had a lot of friends interview without much explanation as to why they did not move forward in the process. Some of the sales leadership comes off a little sleazy.

Centro2019-01-22

"Great Culture"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Centro for more than 5 years

Pros

Culture, People, Perks and Sabattical!

Cons

Low Pay, work life balance in Account Management

Advice to Management

Increase pay scale

Centro2016-09-14

"Strong culture, rapid growth"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company culture, friendly people, strong commitment to excellence and treating people with respect.

Cons

Company is growing rapidly and as a result it seems some policies are enforced differently by department, creating a inconsistency.

Centro2015-12-08

"Centro is a super duper fantastic company to work for!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Centro full-time for less than a year

Pros

Where do I start? People are truly awesome to work with. I don't look at them as colleagues but more like family. For me fit is fundamental and I have found it! Open office concept is great to learn, collaborate and feed off each others energy. SO many benefits such as health, gym, RRSP matching, stocked kitchen, happy hours etc. Bottom line I worked for MANY companies and Centro has been the best experience thus far!

Cons

Can get really loud in the office which makes it's hard to hear on the phone. Sometimes there is evil food in the kitchen like cake, cookies and brownies which is quite frustrating.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! :)

Centro2014-12-17

"Good experience, questionable longterm success"

Former Employee - Account Manager
      No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Centro full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Hard-working, positive people - Strong C-level leadership with the ability to inspire - Generous benefits and PTO. However in my experience "Ferris Bueller days" could not be used as freely as others have described.

Cons

- High volume, high stress, constant churn - Fell behind on programmatic and tried to make up for it by buying a DSP that does not perform for clients - Has been around for over a decade with the vision of going to market with a media planning software that has still not been fully developed or rolled out (much less adopted) - Annual raises do not exist but come only with promotions

Centro2014-11-22

"Work hard, play harder"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company is truly invested in making you the best version of yourself. They really look out for their employees' happiness and also do their best to educate and stay at the forefront of the digital industry. They hire the hardest working and smartest people in the field, so you'll go to work everyday knowing you're surrounded by great people.

Cons

Centro makes digital media less fragmented for their clients. With that said, it's a lot of high volume, churn and burn, workload. It surely is a hustle, but a fun one nonetheless. Centro's technology makes it easier to turn around workload faster, but it is still high volume and somewhat inherently stressful job. Upper management does a good job of ensuring employees are happy.

Advice to Management

None! Keep listening to the employees, keep being transparent, and keep it the #1 place to work!

Centro2014-04-17

"Work/Life balance and the focus on each and every employee is different than all other agencies!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than a year

Pros

Smart amazing people that are actually happy to come into work Amazing value proposition that is unique in the industry Clear goal for future Transparency is practiced throughout the compoany Upward mobility

Cons

All agencies have tasks you are not interested in Company is growing fast, but not as linear as a normal agency that many employees are used to

Advice to Management

As Centro continues to grow, make sure to keep the culture exactly how is currently is! Sometimes it is hard to scale a "start up" culture as you grow, but Centro has done it so far brilliantly, and I hope they continue.

Centro2014-04-16