Centro Manager Reviews

Updated 11 Oct 2019

4.5
Centro Founder & CEO Shawn Riegsecker
Shawn Riegsecker

"Great place for Career Growth - if you're up for the challenge!"

Current Employee - Client Services Manager

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Echoing what has been said before of the overall amazing culture. Great chemistry across the teams that service our clients and a company that definitely values the people behind the levers. But something important to note is the overall career growth and skillset Centro arms its employees with. Given the varying clients, verticals, strategies and objectives, no day looks the same and no day comes without learning something new. Centro is exceptional at keeping people on their toes and challenges from both a work and personal growth perspective to be a better version of yourself every day.

Cons

Each office does great work, communication across the regions could use some improvement.

Centro Response

December 6, 2019Centro

We really appreciate your constructive feedback! Helping our employees become a better version of themselves has always been a huge goal of ours, and we’re so happy you see the many possibilities for personal growth and development at Centro. You make a great point that no two days ever look the same! Additionally, your feedback about improving communication across regions is much appreciated. We’re continuing to work with leadership to ensure more consistency and communication across all regions – from interviewing best practices to workforce planning. Continuous growth and improvement is always the goal! If you have anything else to add we’d love to hear from you at tellusmore@centro.net. -EVP, Talent and Development

"Great!"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Centro full-time

Pros

Great people and great leadership

Cons

Adtech is a very competitive landscape, it is hard to stand out.

Centro Response

December 6, 2019Centro

Thanks you for getting in touch and sharing your thoughts. We think our people and leadership are pretty great too 😊 You’re so right about ad tech being a crowded space – it’s one of the many reasons we think Basis will change the industry – people are looking for a platform to simplify the way they work! If you’d like to share more, please email us at tellusmore@centro.net. -EVP, Talent and Development

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Centro does a great job bringing in talented, intelligent and caring people. We have an incredible company culture that truly embodies it's core values and encourages personal growth for all employees. They offer ongoing training for all levels and help you create a career plan specialized with your manager. Unlimited FTO, Ferris Bueller days, Save the World days, etc. etc. Also offer yoga classes and guided meditation multiple times a week.

Cons

No dogs in the office! :(

"Great Company, Great Culture, Great Place to Learn and Grow"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of encouragement to learn and grow on the job. Unfortunately, it's so hard to get in now that I'm not sure that they're even hiring anyone who'd need to learn on the job. Great people. I personally had wonderful managers.

Cons

U.S. based offices could use a lot more ethnic diversity. I had a lot of friends interview without much explanation as to why they did not move forward in the process. Some of the sales leadership comes off a little sleazy.

"Centro is an incredible place to work!"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people. They are second to none. I have been able to grow so much professionally and personally from the amazing individuals who work across all our offices. We have amazing benefits, compensation AND lots of snacks ;)

Cons

There is truly nothing that I have to complain about, sure I could complain about how many emails are sitting in my inbox but in terms of the company... I am extremely happy to be here!

"Best Place to Work"

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This is a company that truly cares about people and wants the best culture. The work can also be exciting with new technologies and new clients. There is growth opportunity for hard working people. I've seen people grow their careers at Centro.

Cons

Tolerates poor performance with some employees longer than necessary.

Continue reading

"Excellent Place to Work"

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Centro full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture, benefits and perks. Opportunities to give back in your local community. Management committed to improving the industry as a whole and growing employees along the way. Dedication to continuous innovation.

Cons

Workload expectations sometimes unrealistic. Open work-space is distracting and lowers productivity.

Continue reading

"Centro is a Superb Company"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than a year

Pros

Centro sets itself apart by it's dedication and focus to the goals it sets, both departmentally and company-wide. I feel I get to work on something that is innovative and challenging at a place where the people working on it really care. There is ample access to Leadership - they are present physically and mentally, and their enthusiasm and openness emanates throughout the company. I feel I am treated with respect, yet expectations are clearly very high. I am free to do my job in the most effective way I'd like, and am expected to show results. The office is amazing. It's a comfortable place to work, with space for people who like to be in the middle of the action and those who prefer quiet space to think.

Cons

Expectations are high and there is an aggressive, startup-like mindset around the work being done, so it is not an environment for those looking to fit into a nicely-defined role that won't change much over time.

"Great Culture"

Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Centro for more than 5 years

Pros

Culture, People, Perks and Sabattical!

Cons

Low Pay, work life balance in Account Management

Continue reading

"Great culture, low pay, little growth"

Former Employee - Campaign Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Centro full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great environment to work in. Amazing people and fun events. CEO is a forward thinker who cares about his employees. Benefits were top notch.

Cons

Comp was low. Cost of Living Adjustments (COLA) were nominal at best. Promotions didn't come quickly or as they were rightfully earned.

Found 20 reviews