Centro Reviews

Found 295 of over 312 reviews

4.0
Centro Founder & CEO Shawn Riegsecker
Shawn Riegsecker
Pros
  • "I never thought I would ever find a place where I could work on cool problems AND have a great work life balance until I came to Centro(in 30 reviews)

• "Centro has a great benefits package(in 25 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The bonus structure changed almost yearly, never to the benefit of anyone who wasn't upper management(in 8 reviews)

• "Ramp-up on the product is a bit steep, but seems to be the nature of ad tech(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Centro

Join the conversation on
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year
      Featured Review

Great Company with an awesome Manifesto!!!

Feb 18, 2021 - Sales Development Manager in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

They put People before a quota/profit. That’s why the profit roles in. They focus on people first!

Cons

No cons!!!! Great opportunity! Take it if you get an offer!

1 person found this review helpful

Centro Response

Centro

Thank you for sharing this raving review! Centro has been and will always be a “people-first” company – it’s my belief that this is the only way to be successful. We are fortunate to have people like yourself who believe in our mission and vision - thank you for being a part of the team. If you have any additional feedback or comments, don’t hesitate to reach out to tellusmore@centro.net. Shawn, CEO and Founder

2. 5.0

Great company

Jul 20, 2021 - Education and Development Strategist in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I loved working at Centro! The people were amazing and so were the benefits. Expect to work hard but have a great time doing so.

Cons

At times the work life balance was challenging.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    3. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing company culture

Jul 14, 2021 - Ad Operations
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Centro practices what they preach on cultivating a vibrant company culture -Everyone has been amazing to work with so far and genuinely want to help me. I've never felt like I was intruding on someone's work every time I reached out for support.

Cons

-Centro still needs work creating a more diverse workforce. From my team and the other departments I've worked with, they are largely homogeneous white teams. Their summer internship program is filled with a very diverse group of interns with many different backgrounds. I would love to see this translate into hiring these interns to bring more people of color into the company.

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

I love it here.

Jul 14, 2021 - Product Marketing Manager in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Seriously one of the best places to work and grow your career. I loved my time at Centro and am sad to leave. -The people are incredible and they truly care about your well being. I love the team mentality and constant development. -The technology is superb and revolutionizing the industry. -The leadership team is fantastic and cares about sharing important news with everyone. -Everyone has a voice. I love that you can contribute to many important conversations at Centro. -Shawn is an outstanding CEO and leader. -A lot of the people at my wedding were from my Centro team. Some of my best friends were made at Centro.

Cons

Not really a con but your development is up to you. Be sure to ask about new projects, new opportunities, and new teams. Everyone wants to help each other here so be sure to have coffee with members of different teams.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    5. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

There's a reason why there are so many job openings here

Jul 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Ferris Bueller days off were nice.

Cons

Pay was not competitive (even before Covid times, but especially now when you can work from anywhere). I never received merit raises or cost-of-living raises in my tenure, despite having excellent performance reviews, being a top performer, and Centro making a profit year after year. There is no transparency from the org over how raises and promotions are decided and what you need to do to qualify for one. Some departments will give out raises/promotions but I guess Centro doesn't prioritize all of their departments, as it seems many departments just don't have the budget. Easiest way to get promoted or to get a raise is to leave the company unless you are in one of the well funded departments or your department has already had multiple departures. You are expected to have job responsibilities outside your job description. These job responsibilities vary widely between team members with the same title. Be prepared to be be overworked and burnt out with no support from management when you go to them for help. Managers are out of touch regarding your day-to-day responsibilities. If you want any credit for your accomplishments to get a raise or a promotion, you need to request a peer review because your manager doesn't understand your job responsibilities. Weak leadership in the tech organization is causing a mass exodus of talent. Management is blaming talent leaving on their staff being poached by other companies, when in reality people are leaving for the reasons listed in this review.

8 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

May 19, 2021 - Director in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

big org, progressive, cares about employees, strong culture and values,

Cons

big org, gotta shine to get noticed,... is that really a con!?

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to work!

May 18, 2021 - Paid Social Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place for growth and they actually care about their employees

Cons

Sometimes long hours but the perks make up for it

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 2.0

Mixed Bag

May 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is nice and generally welcoming, there is a laid-back atmosphere here. Good benefits (unlimited PTO, etc.)

Cons

Weak leadership that has grown up at the organization (causing serious knowledge gaps in strategic management), minimal diversity and efforts around this are performative (minus a few voices that try to drive honest conversation but seem to be overpowered by leadership fragility), low pay in most areas.

6 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

One of the best companies I have ever worked!

Apr 15, 2021 - Client Lead in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Excellent leadership - Positive and happy employees - Amazing culture - Top offerings to the industry

Cons

I can not think of any cons

3 people found this review helpful
    10. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Leadership Hassles

May 6, 2021 - Sales Lead in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Quality product and quality resources

Cons

Leadership and upper management is overbearing and oversteps boundaries

3 people found this review helpful