Centro Reviews

"VERY CLIQUEY!"

1.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Centro full-time

Pros

Free Snacks and Location. The benefits are good as well.

Cons

Centro has tremendous potential to be a leader in the industry; that said they talk the talk but fail to walk the walk, Pay is not competitive whatsoever, Promotion is solely based on who you know and are buddies with...BEWARE!

Centro2019-04-11

May 17, 2019Centro

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. While we’re happy to hear you enjoyed our benefits and other perks, we’re disappointed you didn’t feel that all areas of the company were inclusive and equitable. Centro’s process aims to ensure compensation increases and promotions are assessed fairly, and based on the individual’s experience, team performance and behaviors relating to our core principles. We’d love to learn more about the specifics of your experience. Please email us at tellusmore@centro.net. -EVP, Talent and Development

"Best Company i have ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Account Lead

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than a year

Pros

Centro is a very special place. The people I work with have become some of my best friends and most important people in my life. I have never been at a company that cares so much about its employees and their well being/happiness! Because of that, it makes me want to work harder and be successful- not only for myself but for the company. Centro truly, truly cares and I couldn't ask for anything more

Cons

Because the turn over is so low, it is a bit hard to continue to move up; however Centro takes care of you.

Centro2019-02-07

February 13, 2019Centro

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback and for the kind words! We’re so happy to hear you appreciate our employee-first approach. Employees becoming the best version of themselves is our core philosophy around all the programs and people investments at the company, and we encourage our employees to never stop learning- thank you for being an example of that! To help in your growth path even further, please make sure you’re utilizing our ‘Growth is Happiness’ series with personal and professional development tips via email every quarter, our full e-learning suite ‘Lynda.com,’ and our tuition reimbursement program if you find you’d like to explore a degree or certification outside of Centro. If you have any further feedback to share or ideas of how we can continue to help you grow, please email us at tellusmore@centro.net. –EVP, Talent & Development

"Awesome company culture, with unbeatable benefits."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome benefits. Unlimited PTO. Room for growth within the company. Amazing company culture, geared towards building and growing existing employees. Student debt contribution, and tuition reimbursement are among some of the amazing perks that come with working @ Centro.

Cons

Long interview process. Not the most competitive salaries.

Centro2019-02-13

February 21, 2019Centro

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback and for the kind words! We’re so happy to hear that our benefits and culture help you grow at work and in other areas of your life. We’ve been very excited about the response to our new student debt contribution program and are glad you find it amazing :). Additionally, thank you for your feedback on our interview process and compensation. Hiring the right people is incredibly important to us, so we’ve designed a very thorough and in-depth interview process, which can sometimes be longer than the average company’s process. We are optimistic that it helps to ensure we’re finding the best fit for our incredible teams—and even more importantly, the right fit for our incredible candidates and their careers. In regards to our compensation offerings, Centro makes sure to invest in our team members by providing them with a full total rewards package, which includes base compensation, variable compensation, employee stock options and a plethora of benefits and perks to take advantage of. We would love to hear any feedback you have on the total rewards package and how it can improve, and encourage you to email us at tellusmore@centro.net. –EVP, Talent & Development

"Company Culture is Unbeatable"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Centro full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent benefits (including unlimited PTO), highly-respected CEO, and a clear vision that highlights transparency and hard work. The culture at Centro is top of the line, people here are happy to come into work each day.

Cons

None that are worth highlighting

Centro2019-01-24

"No Egos - Great work environment"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People you work with: + People are willing to listen and take in your opinion (regardless of what level you/they are in) + People do not have huge egos (or at least they manageable) + People do good work (most of the time) Office: + New Toronto office is pretty cool, right at Union Station, part of WeWorks - so unlimited beers, and frequent events. Extra Stuff: + Above average pay (for Canada) + Standard benefits ( RRSP matching upto 4% of Salary, health, dental...) + Good work/life balance + Flexible work hours + Unlimited vacation

Cons

- Flexible work hours (sometime it gets hard to reach a decision when people are in the office at different times) In the previous years when the company was struggling some of the company goals were unrealistic, which caused us to not hit the bonus.

Centro2019-01-23

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Centro does a great job bringing in talented, intelligent and caring people. We have an incredible company culture that truly embodies it's core values and encourages personal growth for all employees. They offer ongoing training for all levels and help you create a career plan specialized with your manager. Unlimited FTO, Ferris Bueller days, Save the World days, etc. etc. Also offer yoga classes and guided meditation multiple times a week.

Cons

No dogs in the office! :(

Centro2019-01-10
  7. "Digital Media Specialist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Centro full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice peers, generous PTO, stocked kitchen, WFH allowed, 401K matched.

Cons

HDHP, work/life is imbalanced, slow promotions.

Centro2019-02-07

February 13, 2019Centro

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We are glad that you enjoy working with your team members and that many of our perks are beneficial to you. We’re sorry to hear you’re experiencing work/life imbalance and feel promotions are slow. Centro is committed to ensuring we are supporting and developing our peeps, so we encourage you to discuss those concerns with your manager or executive so that they can provide feedback for development, and/or help you manage the work/life blend more effectively. In regards to our high deductible plan, we continue to make the investment each year in Health Savings Accounts to help employees offset the cost, so you will receive 80% of that high deductible cost into your HSA throughout the year. As a reminder, once you hit that high deductible, there is 100% benefits coverage within network! Please reach out to the Total Rewards team if you would like to learn more about the HSA. And if you’d like to provide further feedback and solutions for how to improve your experience we’d love to hear it at tellusmore@centro.net! –EVP, Talent & Development

"Great Company, Great Culture, Great Place to Learn and Grow"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of encouragement to learn and grow on the job. Unfortunately, it's so hard to get in now that I'm not sure that they're even hiring anyone who'd need to learn on the job. Great people. I personally had wonderful managers.

Cons

U.S. based offices could use a lot more ethnic diversity. I had a lot of friends interview without much explanation as to why they did not move forward in the process. Some of the sales leadership comes off a little sleazy.

Centro2019-01-22

"Good Company to Work For, But Has Some Challenges to Overcome."

4.0

I worked at Centro full-time for more than a year

Pros

Centro was a good company to work for. The product - Basis - is fantastic, and will truly be a game changer for small to mid-market sized agencies and companies. Perks to the job were great - unlimited PTO, competitive salary, good health benefits, tons of flexibility in all aspects of the position. There are a LOT of good people at this company. A few bad eggs that stand out, but overall, you'll find many people who believe in the company, and are willing to help.

Cons

In my time there, the company was going through an identity shift from services to software as the main offering. Unfortunately, this was not the first identity shift Centro had gone through, and the market I worked in recognized it, making it difficult to position Centro as a stable company. I was a remote employee, and support overall was okay. My manager supported me well, but beyond that support was lacking. Sales training and onboarding is getting better, but my onboarding process was terrible, which hindered me throughout my time at Centro. If you've never worked remotely before, I would not recommend this as your first remote position. Leadership has little understanding of what is happening in markets outside of where they are based.

Centro2019-01-16

"Good People, Inflated Success"

2.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Centro full-time

Pros

Good group of people and solid benefits.

Cons

Shrinking business and desperately trying to move into a new crowded field. Low pay for industry standards.

Centro2019-01-11