Centro "company is growing" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Centro Employee Reviews about "company is growing"

Updated Apr 10, 2017

4.1
Centro Founder & CEO Shawn Riegsecker
Shawn Riegsecker
Pros
Cons
  • "The bonus structure changed almost yearly, never to the benefit of anyone who wasn't upper management(in 8 reviews)

• "Company is growing rapidly and as a result it seems some policies are enforced differently by department, creating a inconsistency(in 8 reviews)

Reviews about "company is growing"

Return to all Reviews

"A Good Place To Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Centro full-time for less than a year

Pros

Laid back people, progressive company culture, everyone helps each other succeed

Cons

Only thing I can think of is that the company is growing pretty fast and is sort of losing that "small, start up" type of community feel; I'm not sure not to maintain that, but I think more get togethers between regions could help i.e. summits in Chicago, the West, and the South etc

Advice to Management

Continue to keep everyone in the company updated on values, business decisions, and the overall direction of the company.

Centro2017-04-10

"Strong culture, rapid growth"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company culture, friendly people, strong commitment to excellence and treating people with respect.

Cons

Company is growing rapidly and as a result it seems some policies are enforced differently by department, creating a inconsistency.

Centro2015-12-08

"Best place to work in Chicago, NYC and Ad Age"

Current Employee - Vice President in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Centro has a people-first strategy that inspires us to ensure we are taking care of the hopes and dreams of our fellow Centrons and creating raving fans of our client, advertiser and industry relationships.

Cons

We are a fast-growing company with lots of change (that I love!).

Centro2014-12-16

"Great Place To Build A Career"

Vice President

I have been working at Centro

Pros

Centro is one of the few places in the media industry where you can build a great career. There used to be a lot but for a variety of reason, that's no longer the case. Centro engages employees with the assumption that they will work there a long time. You can grow at Centro whether you are in the early, middle or late stage of your career. The main reasons are that there's a big company investment in personal... growth and that you get to work with BOTH technology and service, not one or the other. All this comes from the vision and strategy put together by the CEO, so it's a mature proven system for attracting, growing and retaining talent

Cons

There are very few daily cons about working at Centro. There are the usual fast-growing-company issues such as scarcity of resources but these eventually get fixed and should be expected. Day to day it's a fun and engaging place to work. The main con is that Centro struggles making its identity clear. Many people think it's an agency but it's actually an ad tech company with a fantastic service layer. The... technology is relatively weak compared to the ad tech giants and mainly used internally, so this is the source of confusion. When the technology is more robust and it's identity is crystal clear Centro could really take off.

Advice to Management

Stay the course.

Centro2014-12-15

"Work/Life balance and the focus on each and every employee is different than all other agencies!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than a year

Pros

Smart amazing people that are actually happy to come into work Amazing value proposition that is unique in the industry Clear goal for future Transparency is practiced throughout the compoany Upward mobility

Cons

All agencies have tasks you are not interested in Company is growing fast, but not as linear as a normal agency that many employees are used to

Advice to Management

As Centro continues to grow, make sure to keep the culture exactly how is currently is! Sometimes it is hard to scale a "start up" culture as you grow, but Centro has done it so far brilliantly, and I hope they continue.

Centro2014-04-16
  6. "I love working for Centro"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than a year

Pros

I started with Centro a year ago and love working here. It is a great company which is growing and treats employees with respect. I work in engineering and love my coworkers. Everyone is smart and professional.

Cons

Centro is growing and like any growing company has to adapt. Overall they are doing a good job of this. My fear which could be irrational is that they could loose some of their awesome culture as the company grows. Another con is that they use MS Exchange and office. Developers get Macs but they should really use Google Apps.

Advice to Management

Don't loose sight of the core values as the company grows. Ditch Exchange. Increase the 401(k) match. To be clear, the 401(k) match is not bad but could be better. Give Macs to all employees who want them; not just tech.

Centro2014-04-10
  7. "One of a kind culture, people, leadership, and vision!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than a year

Pros

I feel appreciated, like my work is meaningful, and am proud to be a part of a company that is changing the digital space for the better and also changing corporate culture for the better.

Cons

As with any quickly growing company, the pace is extremely fast; but I don't necessarily consider this a con!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and continue to preserve the great culture!

Centro2014-03-27

"Chaotic environment, inexperienced management team"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Centro full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice people, good compensation, minimal equity and profit-based bonus. Nice offices. Very young team, nearly all white, high turnover. Pressure to drink heavily.

Cons

Management team is young, arrogant and has no outside experience. Not well supervised or trained. CEO is a micro-manager and easily distracted. Company is growing too fast with competing agendas and directions. Low awareness in the marketplace and competes with its own customers. No diversity in the workforce. Long and convoluted hiring process.

Advice to Management

Hire for diversity. I would recommend management training for senior leadership.

Centro2014-03-26