Ceridian "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Ceridian Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 4 Jan 2020

4.1
Ceridian CEO David Ossip
David Ossip
Pros
Cons
  • "work life balance is not as good as advertised(in 66 reviews)

• "If you are working with Dayforce then all is great(in 41 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Senior Product Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at Ceridian full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Fantastic people to work with. Company is forward looking.

Cons

The pace of change can affect priorities and work life balance

Ceridian2017-09-27

"Nice people, poor salary and benefits"

Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in Glasgow, Scotland

I worked at Ceridian full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Employee Engagement is good. Good Work Life Balance. Hours are typically 9 to 5. Strong internal customer focus and emphasis

Cons

Lousy benefits package. Pay is uncompetitive. You'll only progress if you are in payroll or implementation role. Some people are promoted seemingly without any merit or logic. The same few get pay increases but little to go around everyone else. If you are one of the MD's favourites you'll do well, if not you'll be out

Advice to Management

Ensure consistent and fair recognition across all employees rather than the chosen few

Ceridian2016-07-21

"Great Culture and Opportunities"

I have been working at Ceridian full-time

Pros

Great people Good Communication from Leadership Dynamic Environment Development and Mentoring Opportunities Excellent Work Life Balance

Cons

Some departments operate in Silos

Ceridian2016-04-27
  4. "Never leaving"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

I have been working at Ceridian full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Career progression, colleagues, supportive environment and attitude, ethics, products, SLT, work/life balance, communication from the top, work ethic of employees. I have worked in software (large companies and small) for 15 years, and Ceridian for 6 of those, and this is the best company by far. The SLT are one of the main reasons for staying; fantastic bunch of people who listen to employees, get to know employees, and who have an open door policy. The organisation has a hugely supportive attitude towards all colleagues.

Cons

Too much work for the amount of resource - good from a revenue perspective though!

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work

Ceridian2016-04-25

"Europe that's were the opportunity is"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Ceridian full-time for less than a year

Pros

Huge European opportunity, fun place to work, good work life balance. European / UK management team great. Good spread of UK offices

Cons

A little US centric, separate US requirements from the needs in Europe. Far greater growth opportunity. Need to focus on service

Advice to Management

Focus on Europe, investment will pay off

Ceridian2015-10-10
  6. "An engaging employer that demonstrates its values in all of its activities. Great people who go the extra mile."

Current Employee -  in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at Ceridian full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Innovative technology and service provider. Lots of exciting projects that really make a difference to the organisation and our customers, recent work on character and know how encourages the right balance between focus on skills and behaviours that support our values. Communication days are a good way to hear whats going on a time to discuss what could be better. Ceridian has its own charity payback which you are encouraged to get involved, it really does make a difference to many young life's and its great to be part of that.

Cons

One of the best places I have worked. If I have to list some items it would be around work life balance as travel to different sites or to clients can lead to periods away. This is part of the course though nowadays.

Advice to Management

We are making a difference and appear to be ahead in a number of areas. Lets work out what we can do to take us to the next level. There is a lot of talent in the business can we do more to release its potential....

Ceridian2013-06-26
  7. "Excellent employer, good products and services"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England

I have been working at Ceridian full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is an organisation where everyone is valued and can contribute to the future. Let's be realistic - this isn't a perfect world and sometimes things don't work out as you expect. But if you have something to say people here will listen and take your ideas onboard. Since the challenges a few years back I think the business recognises that we only succeed when everybody is in the picture about priorities and values. If you want to make a difference then this is the place to be.

Cons

You need to work hard and deliver high quality outputs. Sometimes this means work-life balance suffers.

Advice to Management

Keep talking, listening and sharing the vision

Ceridian2013-05-24
  8. "Great people to work with"

Current Employee - Customer Support in Fountain Valley, CA

I have been working at Ceridian full-time for less than a year

Pros

Interesting work where you learn every day. Great people to work alongside with. Work-life balance. Supportive leadership. Growing business. Strong product.

Cons

Vision is clear but an executable path is not. Need to work on cross-department relationships and accountability.

Advice to Management

Break down silos

Ceridian2020-01-04
  9. "It took me 25 years to find the best workplace EVER!"

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Saint Petersburg Beach, FL

I have been working at Ceridian full-time for more than a year

Pros

The positive atmosphere starts at the very top with leadership. The flexible hours and promotion of work/life balance optimizes me for success and motivates me to do my best and give my all.

Cons

What cons? I don't see any cons. I'm being 100% honest. They are people and culture first and business second which leaves me with no negative judgement whatsoever. Speaking from the heart, if there were cons, I would list them

Advice to Management

Stay true to your principles of Human Capital Management both inside our organization and throughout and everything will work out for the better. Good job David Ossip!

Ceridian2019-12-20

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Applications Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ceridian full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Care about employees and their families Care about work life balance Put employees first Very generous time off policy Very generous work from home time Career advancement is supported

Cons

Pay could be a little low compared to average

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Ceridian2019-12-16