Find jobs for Consultant

Justin Byrne
  1. COVID-19

"Great Culture"

I have been working at Certus Recruitment Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Management care about your progression and if you ever need help Tom is a great mentor. -Team culture which rewards success -We have continued to do well through the pandemic -Great culture, regular Fridays at the pub (before Corona)

Cons

-Recruitment can be challenging if you aren't having a great month

2. COVID-19

"A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at Certus Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I am 3 months into the business and I can honestly say it is a fantastic place to work, across all our offices there is collaboration and support creating an enjoyable working culture. Great Senior leadership giving you autonomy to make decisions commercially for your business and rewarded well for delivering results.

Cons

No cons other than the mighty COVID - 19! I am looking forward to socials/office environment and normality with clients & candidates again!

3. COVID-19

"A great company to work for"

I have been working at Certus Recruitment Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have worked for Certus Recruitment for nearly 5 years now and have really enjoyed my time here! The culture is fantastic and the people I work with are great. The management team are also fabulous. They're extremely supportive and ensure you are always confident in what you're doing, whilst pushing you (in a good way) to be the absolute best you can be. They offer a clear progression and development plan and have process in place to ensure you are on track to succeed. I can not fault the company and I'm grateful to have started my recruitment career with such a fantastic business!

Cons

Having to work from home during Covid-19 and not being able to be in the office :-(

Continue reading
  4. "The most supportive and nurturing company I have ever worked for"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Certus Recruitment Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I currently work at Certus Recruitment and felt an overwhelming urge to leave a review that is not led through bitterness and vindictiveness, but fact. Current facts. Certus is the most supportive and nurturing company I have worked at (I have worked at 4). They empower their employees to achieve success both professionally and personally. Working at Certus, enabled me to buy my first property and progress professionally. Their continued training allows individuals with no experience and with experience to further themselves, pushing themselves to their limits and becoming the best we can be. The CEO is incredibly supportive whether you're having a tough day or you need help to close that final deal - he is there every step of the way. However, the biggest Pro about working at Certus is the team spirit. The way the company has come together in economical crises to persevere and ensure that each and every employee will be financially and emotionally supported is breathtaking. There is no other recruitment company I would rather work for, and currently, cannot find a single fault.

Cons

The only con is that former employees who unfortunately are very bitter in general life, and not actually the fault of Certus feel the need to sit in their pants and post derogatory reviews that are false...

Continue reading

"Amazing team mates, but the worst senior management."

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I worked at Certus Recruitment Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Team mates and team leaders are some of the best people you could work with.

Cons

Certus teach you to view candidates as a commodity. Typical activity for activity sake culture. Their clients don’t like them because of their horrible pushy sales tactics. The company is run constantly on the brink of bankruptcy. My final pay (4 weeks notice) was £0 because they decided to deduct my comms from a previous month, leaving me in financial difficulty. This was despite me being one of their top billers for a year.

"No thanks."

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I worked at Certus Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

* Formed friendships with other former colleagues for life. * Learnt a lot about how to run on very little sleep. * Daniel. * Excellent praise system with the Friday round-up. * Lunch club is a hoot.

Cons

* Racist * Sexist * Multiple accounts of sexual abuse being reported and completely left because sales numbers were good. * Being told not to call candidates because their name 'didn't sound English' * Being forced to tell candidates they didn't get the job despite being qualified because they are wearing a hijab. * The illegal underpayment of apprentices who would finally be given a salary after working too many hours only to be again underpaid. * Clear sexism in the office towards the female members of staff. * Terrible treatment of employees after they leave - or when they are looking to leave. * Ridiculous payment system for the recruitment, it went from a simple, mutually beneficial system of the commission to a split, completely bias one. * You don't want a promotion, because it comes with way more work, way more pressure, considerably less commission and a ridiculously high turn over. This job is perfect for you, and you will be considered an excellent candidate if you are a privately educated male who is white, drinks beer, doesn't have a social life outside of work except maybe football and just loves racism and phone smashing. Otherwise, maybe jog on.

Continue reading
  7. "Perfect first job in sales!"

Current Employee - Client Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Certus Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been working at Certus for 6 months - I came on as a fresh graduate working on the graduate desk and I love it! I love the culture; it's competitive but promotes a positive team environment as well. I have learned so much about the industry, and I love the buzz I get when I make a deal and everyone cheers! It's a hard job, you need to be able to pick yourself up after a bad day - it really is a rollercoaster...but so far it's been a great ride and I can't wait to work my way up the ladder!

Cons

NA - I'm loving it (although a microwave would be nice!)

8. "Great place to work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Certus Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- The people within this business are fantastic, definitely the best place I have worked in terms of the culture, we work hard but also know how to have fun - Progression opportunities, I think if you get your head down and show that you care, this company is one that will really look to develop you and your skill set - Senior management, the sales director in particular is very approachable and you learn a lot from the senior management team

Cons

- No microwave, every company has one so is a bit of a frustration - Can sometimes be a bit micro management and focus a bit too much on getting on the phone when results can be achieved in other forms

"Very misleading"

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England

I worked at Certus Recruitment Group part-time for less than a year

Pros

-Fun environment sometimes -Beer and early finish Fridays

Cons

-was sold into the role even though i didn't want to do recruitment. -was promised training and a clear progression plan which i never got. -was told by my manager to do things in a certain way but then her boss and the owner would say that it is the wrong way. - overachieved my target in my first month and then told the position wasn't for me. -so i was told they they didn't really mind about hitting target it was all about developing the person so i didn't have to worry about hitting my target. - and then after my first month they said it wasn't the right role for me therefore leaving me jobless after just 1 month. - not relieved my commission for overachieving my target. -felt like they missold the dream, but in reality i got something completely different. - felt cheated out of my commission.

Continue reading
  10. "Amazing Company to Work For!!!"

I have been working at Certus Recruitment Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Management values employees for who they are and work ethic. -Loads of incentives to make your job even more worth while. -Lively office atmosphere with genuine colleagues -Career opportunities within all sectors

Cons

Flexible work life balance however, there are times that you have to meet clients and candidates past 6pm or email out of hours

Certus Recruitment Group Response

June 27, 2017Marketing Executive

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed review! This feedback really helps us to understand the wants and needs of our employees. We strive to make the workplace a happy, productive and inclusive atmosphere and we are so happy that you find Certus Recruitment Group to be just that. We really do value our employees and like to make sure that they are reaching their potential. This does mean that sometimes out of work meetings are needed, but we always make sure that this never impacts significantly on your outside of work time.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 31 English Reviews