Certus Recruitment Group Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 8 Apr 2019

3.8
Certus Recruitment Group CEO Justin Byrne
Justin Byrne
  1. "Perfect first job in sales!"

Current Employee - Client Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Certus Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been working at Certus for 6 months - I came on as a fresh graduate working on the graduate desk and I love it! I love the culture; it's competitive but promotes a positive team environment as well. I have learned so much about the industry, and I love the buzz I get when I make a deal and everyone cheers! It's a hard job, you need to be able to pick yourself up after a bad day - it really is a rollercoaster......but so far it's been a great ride and I can't wait to work my way up the ladder!

Cons

NA - I'm loving it (although a microwave would be nice!)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you guys are doing, by giving us new guys/gals the tools we need to be successful in this industry.

Certus Recruitment Group2018-12-20

"No thanks."

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I worked at Certus Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

* Formed friendships with other former colleagues for life. * Learnt a lot about how to run on very little sleep. * Daniel. * Excellent praise system with the Friday round-up. * Lunch club is a hoot.

Cons

* Racist * Sexist * Multiple accounts of sexual abuse being reported and completely left because sales numbers were good. * Being told not to call candidates because their name 'didn't sound English' * Being forced to tell candidates they didn't get the job despite being qualified because they are wearing a hijab. * The illegal underpayment of apprentices who would finally be given a salary after working too... many hours only to be again underpaid. * Clear sexism in the office towards the female members of staff. * Terrible treatment of employees after they leave - or when they are looking to leave. * Ridiculous payment system for the recruitment, it went from a simple, mutually beneficial system of the commission to a split, completely bias one. * You don't want a promotion, because it comes with way more work, way more pressure, considerably less commission and a ridiculously high turn over. This job is perfect for you, and you will be considered an excellent candidate if you are a privately educated male who is white, drinks beer, doesn't have a social life outside of work except maybe football and just loves racism and phone smashing. Otherwise, maybe jog on.

Advice to Management

Have a consistent management system. Maybe just give the people what they want and chuck a microwave in. Maybe consider letting people have lunch longer than 15 mins because you can barely get down the stairs to Pret for some hot food and back in time and you can't warm anything in the office. (No microwave) And maybe fire that guy who keeps touching up girls?

Certus Recruitment Group2019-04-08
  3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Certus Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- The people within this business are fantastic, definitely the best place I have worked in terms of the culture, we work hard but also know how to have fun - Progression opportunities, I think if you get your head down and show that you care, this company is one that will really look to develop you and your skill set - Senior management, the sales director in particular is very approachable and you learn a lot... from the senior management team

Cons

- No microwave, every company has one so is a bit of a frustration - Can sometimes be a bit micro management and focus a bit too much on getting on the phone when results can be achieved in other forms

Certus Recruitment Group2018-12-19

"Very misleading"

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England

I worked at Certus Recruitment Group part-time for less than a year

Pros

-Fun environment sometimes -Beer and early finish Fridays

Cons

-was sold into the role even though i didn't want to do recruitment. -was promised training and a clear progression plan which i never got. -was told by my manager to do things in a certain way but then her boss and the owner would say that it is the wrong way. - overachieved my target in my first month and then told the position wasn't for me. -so i was told they they didn't really mind about hitting target... it was all about developing the person so i didn't have to worry about hitting my target. - and then after my first month they said it wasn't the right role for me therefore leaving me jobless after just 1 month. - not relieved my commission for overachieving my target. -felt like they missold the dream, but in reality i got something completely different. - felt cheated out of my commission.

Advice to Management

get a clear structure and training program. Sam was really good at training as was Justin, but it just needs structure and consistency.

Certus Recruitment Group2018-08-02
  5. "Amazing Company to Work For!!!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Certus Recruitment Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Management values employees for who they are and work ethic. -Loads of incentives to make your job even more worth while. -Lively office atmosphere with genuine colleagues -Career opportunities within all sectors

Cons

Flexible work life balance however, there are times that you have to meet clients and candidates past 6pm or email out of hours

Advice to Management

Keep employing the best talent and supporting them

Certus Recruitment Group2017-06-23
  6. "Getting the grasp of Certus living!"

Current Employee - Senior Fintech Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Certus Recruitment Group full-time

Pros

Strong culture and team mentality bread from day one with various team building activities and team contribution KPI's. Heavily invest in development of employees and strive to get you earning you full potential.

Cons

Lack of microwave in the office! No cigarette breaks during the day. KPI driven although this does create results.

Advice to Management

Get a microwave to add to the fully stocked kitchen. Would be nice to have warm food without paying Baker street prices for the privilege

Certus Recruitment Group2017-06-14
  7. "So Happy"

Current Employee - Graduate Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Certus Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Such great teamwork here at Certus, absolutely love the company culture, we work together and we win together.

Cons

Don't have any, I wouldnt mind some better coffee but I am still so happy.

Advice to Management

Keep strong and keep going on!

Certus Recruitment Group2017-03-27
  8. "New Employee at Certus"

Graduate Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Certus Recruitment Group for less than a year

Pros

As a new employee at Certus really enjoying getting to know everyone. It's a very bubbly and friendly team! Training is going well so far, looking forward to getting my first placement!

Cons

Just getting myself used to the early mornings, but its only week 2 :)

Certus Recruitment Group2017-03-06

"Truely Awful"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I worked at Certus Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work life balance is good, and commission structure as good as most companies and amongst the recruiters there is a decent atmosphere.

Cons

Senior management is awful. Bullying culture steams from the CEO who will seem a nice guy for the first few weeks.

Advice to Management

Learn some people skills.

Certus Recruitment Group2017-02-09
  10. "Resourcer"

Current Employee - Trainee Graduate Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Certus Recruitment Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast-paced, positive, productive working environment, great colleagues who are always up for a laugh provided the work gets done! - Which the exhilarating and competitive atmosphere permits! Days fly by, I always leave with a smile on my face and looking forward to the next day.

Cons

Some days are slow but so is the industry! Only 1 brand of coffee and only sweetener!

Advice to Management

Management is great, extra effort should be focused on promoting cohesion.

Certus Recruitment Group2016-11-10