Certus Recruitment Group Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 29 Oct 2019

3.9
Certus Recruitment Group CEO Justin Byrne
Justin Byrne
  1. "Great Company to Start Off In"

Current Employee - Trainee Graduate Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Certus Recruitment Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great training and support from other team members and management The potential to earn is great Great social side

Cons

Recruitment has its ups and downs. It can be tough to see the light at the end of the tunnel sometimes.

Advice to Management

Continue what you are doing.

Certus Recruitment Group2016-05-23
  2. "Really positive and fun working environment"

Current Employee - Operations and Administrative Assistant

I have been working at Certus Recruitment Group full-time

Pros

I have been working at Certus for just over 3 months now, and have really enjoyed my time here so far. I found everyone here very welcoming, friendly and also professional. Overall it is a great working environment and I feel I have been fully supported throughout my first few months, I had no previous experience of a sales/recruitment so everyday I feel like Im learning new things about the business

Cons

The office has no microwave! other than that there isn't any!

Certus Recruitment Group2016-05-19

"Pure Boiler-Room"

Former Employee - Trainee Graduate Recruitment Consultant in Twyford, Berkshire, South East England, England

I worked at Certus Recruitment Group full-time

Pros

If you learn best in by being thrown in the deep end, this will work for you. You will learn about what 'real central london recruitment' is. If you make it, it's the sort of place you can be for years, and then you will be treated well by senior management. The bosses know how to make money. They're good business people.

Cons

You'll be bullied. If you're not a 'lad' you won't fit in. That's just the culture. Senior management have their favourites, and if you won't be one of them from day one. All sending photos of Jordan Belfort from The Wolf of Wall Street to eachother sums it up. This being said, if you're at a junior level, and up for a challenge, if you're up for a day-by-day fight (for lack of a better word), you'll come out with... harder skin than any other junior level in London.

Advice to Management

Treat your staff better! I would love to see the turnover figures! Some of the people who were forced out we're very competent employees, but just didn't fit the culture.

Certus Recruitment Group2016-05-16
  4. "Great Place to be!"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Certus Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working at Certus is great especially within the Grad team as we work not only as colleagues but also as friends creating a fun environment. The management and training has also been fantastic helping me to develop and learn new skills that I did not acquire from previous employment. There also many incentives provided helping to create a challenge and reaping the rewards from the hard work put in. So far Certus has... been a great experience and I continue to thoroughly enjoy coming in to work each day.

Cons

Starting at 8.30 and not 9, it would be nice to have a little longer lay in.

Certus Recruitment Group2016-04-28
  5. "What a time to be a Certus employee!"

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Certus Recruitment Group full-time

Pros

The working life and culture here is fantastic - fast paced, fun and on some days I'd even describe it as exhilarating! If you're willing to work hard you will instantly reap the benefits in not only what you're taking home each month, but with the respect of your peers also. Certus Recruitment Group offers excellent packages for young, exuberant and career hungry individuals who are looking to be the best versions... of themselves in the lively London working world.

Cons

You can be rushed off your feet when times are busy, but, then again; nobody wants to be stuck sitting at a desk for eight hours straight.

Certus Recruitment Group2016-04-28
  6. "A wonderful enviroment"

I have been working at Certus Recruitment Group full-time

Pros

I began my inspirational journey at Certus only recently however since then my growth I feel has been astronomical. I entered as young cub who was determined to enter the corporate world and succeed as ultimately a top businessman. I can now say from only a few intense months at the hub of sales recruitment I've developed into a lion. The way the company nurture their graduates and allow the perfect balance on hard... work to social life is certainly second to none. The management structure is effective, always guiding and giving constructive criticism. The colleagues are vibrant, hungry individuals who allow everyone to thrive and create a wonderful atmosphere. In addition, huge incentives and an active social side within the company which instantly allowed me to go from colleagues to friends with most of my associates.

Cons

A tight ship is run although personally I feel that suits the employees. I would also mention that the hours are not flexible and the office isn't open 24 hrs.

Advice to Management

Possibly some more private one to one time to discuss any issues regarding work. Also motivating the employees with a few encouraging words on the hour to keep productivity at a high level.

Certus Recruitment Group2016-04-28

"The most awful place I've ever worked!!!"

I worked at Certus Recruitment Group full-time

Pros

Sometimes managers and directors stop being bullies and let you breathe from time to time.

Cons

I worked at Certus Sales as a graduate recruiter and I can honestly say I have never been more miserable in my entire life. The two recruitment managers working there were absolute bullies, who went out of their way to belittle and patronise new recruits at every opportunity. Managers were also lazy, were reluctant to conduct second interviews on candidates, even if they were really strong, and had to be chased... every 5 minutes to make sure they were referring them on for potential roles. I saw one person only just out of college and performing well, get fired without any prior warning or constructive feedback and they were made to leave the premises in tears, whilst the receptionist got their belongings. At one point, the recruitment of new hires was like a revolving door, with no one staying longer then 4-6 weeks. When an employee left the company, the director would join the team meeting the next day with some excuse as to why he sacked them, lame ones include 'i don't think they fitted in with the overall team dynamic'. "they don't project the right image", "they didn't look the part". All really nasty and superficial comments with no indication as to how the person had really performed. To top things off, managers thought the best way to motivate people was to take their chairs away and shout at them. The directors think they have an absolutely amazing company and I don't dispute the fact it financially performs well but in terms of culture and how much employees are made to feel valued, respected and appreciated, this company has nothing to offer anybody! DO NOT WORK HERE!

Certus Recruitment Group2016-04-25

"Words can't describe how bad this company is. If I could give 0 stars I would"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England

I worked at Certus Recruitment Group full-time

Pros

Clearly a successful recruitment company

Cons

Bullied by senior staff (even your own managers) eg, taking away your chair ALL DAY Directors aren't leaders - they are bosses Other staff members wouldn't think twice about stabbing you in the back Long working hours (10 hours) Doesn't care about customers or employees Managers monitor all your emails, websites you visit and listen to the calls you make

Advice to Management

Be the opposite to what you currently are

Certus Recruitment Group2016-04-06
  9. "Hire the right people and the rest will follow"

Consultant

I have been working at Certus Recruitment Group

Pros

Working with some of the best most capable and most fun people I have ever worked with.

Cons

Some strong micromanagement at times- sometimes quantity over quality

Advice to Management

if you're going to be that strict then reward the small victories well.

Certus Recruitment Group2015-12-11
  10. "The Grad team is a great place to be"

Current Employee - Graduate Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at Certus Recruitment Group full-time

Pros

Our team has enjoyed huge growth in the last year. Great commission structure and no two days are the same. A rewarding place to be.

Cons

The job can be challenging at times

Certus Recruitment Group2015-11-16