Certus Recruitment Group "made to feel" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Certus Recruitment Group Employee Reviews about "made to feel"

Updated Apr 25, 2016

3.9
Certus Recruitment Group CEO Justin Byrne
Justin Byrne
Pros
Cons
  • "No microwave in kitchen - but plenty of food places locally(in 4 reviews)

• "You need to ask for pay rises because sometimes they fail to recognise hard work(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "made to feel"

Return to all Reviews

"The most awful place I've ever worked!!!"

I worked at Certus Recruitment Group full-time

Pros

Sometimes managers and directors stop being bullies and let you breathe from time to time.

Cons

I worked at Certus Sales as a graduate recruiter and I can honestly say I have never been more miserable in my entire life. The two recruitment managers working there were absolute bullies, who went out of their way to belittle and patronise new recruits at every opportunity. Managers were also lazy, were reluctant to conduct second interviews on candidates, even if they were really strong, and had to be chased every 5 minutes to make sure they were referring them on for potential roles. I saw one person only just out of college and performing well, get fired without any prior warning or constructive feedback and they were made to leave the premises in tears, whilst the receptionist got their belongings. At one point, the recruitment of new hires was like a revolving door, with no one staying longer then 4-6 weeks. When an employee left the company, the director would join the team meeting the next day with some excuse as to why he sacked them, lame ones include 'i don't think they fitted in with the overall team dynamic'. "they don't project the right image", "they didn't look the part". All really nasty and superficial comments with no indication as to how the person had really performed. To top things off, managers thought the best way to motivate people was to take their chairs away and shout at them. The directors think they have an absolutely amazing company and I don't dispute the fact it financially performs well but in terms of culture and how much employees are made to feel valued, respected and appreciated, this company has nothing to offer anybody! DO NOT WORK HERE!

Certus Recruitment Group2016-04-25

Certus Recruitment Group Response

April 28, 2016HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry to hear you feel that you have had a negative experience with us. At Certus Recruitment Group we aim to create a comfortable working environment for all of our staff members, so the comments above have really shocked and disappointed us. We are however, still a sales environment which can be high pressured at times and is always performance orientated and therefore this can be reflected in our culture, which is necessary to be successful in this industry. We would never sack anyone who was performing well, in fact we massively reward our top performers, nor would we sack anyone based on the superficial elements you suggested above, so perhaps there has been some miscommunication and misunderstanding of what it is to be a recruitment consultant. I hope you have much more success in your next company, and we wish you all the best for the future.

Continue reading

"everything that is wrong about recruitment is Certus Sales"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I worked at Certus Recruitment Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

- good grounding for future jobs - good work ethic and time management taught - can be a good confidence builder

Cons

- bullying common and encouraged by directors - macho and testosterone filled environment - even the best performers fear for there jobs - high staff turnover - Directors keep changing commission structures etc - If you are not "a lad" then you bullied and made to feel that you are not normal - pay is bellow market rate for this type of role

Continue reading