Chambers and Partners Reviews

Updated Sep 22, 2021

Found 134 of over 140 reviews

4.1
Chambers and Partners CEO Tim Noble (no image)
Tim Noble
Pros
  • "Great location by Chancery Lane, excellent facilities within the office, fairly quick development, useful new HR/professional development system(in 6 reviews)

• "It’s good as a first job, but it’s a stepping stone(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The canteen and the toilets are a disgrace(in 9 reviews)

• "Senior management have no interest in staff, promotions are arbitrary and morale is incredibly low(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Recruitment Process

Sep 9, 2021 - Research Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Helpful recruitment team; fast and objective to answer my queries. Very supportive when completing the assessments. They were also clear about salary, benefits, tasks and goals of the job position. Open to clarify doubts and to discuss growth opportunities in the company.

Cons

No cons identified during the recruitment process.

2. 3.0
      Current Employee

Fine to good

Sep 22, 2021 - Research Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is really friendly and social

Cons

they indicated everyone would get a bonus but 40% of the company did not

3. 3.0

Mixed Feelings.

Sep 17, 2021 - Research Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Supportive managers on research team -Some good perks/benefits in terms of health and gymn schemes -Flexible working is an option -Covid was handled well

Cons

- Extremely understaffed -Unrealistic deadlines -Underpaid. Hours required to to meet said deadlines are often unreasonable -Research teams undervalued within the company -Not much room for progression

4. 5.0

Forward Thinking & Innovative

Jul 26, 2021 - Commercial Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

People and values sit at the core of everything, starting from clients, colleagues to work processes. I'm amazed at the harmony between our people and processes. There's flexibility, understanding and a lot of learning & development dedicated to it's people to grow. Everyone has a growth mindset and work collaboratively to achieve success and excellence. It's a great time to be part of a fantastic team, working together and learning from each other.

Cons

Haven't identified any cons at Chambers.

HR

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Your feedback is very much appreciated. We are very happy to hear you are finding your career at Chambers to be fulfilling and we are delighted to hear you are able to recognise the strong people culture and environment we work hard to provide. As you have mentioned, we believe by working together we can all achieve success.

5. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good in several ways, but very mean remuneration

Aug 9, 2021 - Senior Researcher in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Nice WeWork office with good coffee etc etc -Very flexible working if you like working from home. Good for people looking to avoid a horrendous commute by working from home as much as poss -Very enthusiastic D&I policies. Very gay-friendly -Medical insurance -Most staff on the Research team are lovely

Cons

-Very mean bonus system. You can be highly rated by your manager but still receive no bonus -Ditto pay rises. Not sure if annual pay rises actually exist - if they do, you have to score exceptionally highly in your performance review. Not just quite well, but super duper high. This is despite record profits - Pension is bare minimum that all companies of this size must provide by law

HR

We would like to thank you very much for your review. We are delighted to hear you are enjoying the flexible work we are able to provide, and we are also happy to hear that you value the benefits and have engaged in our core value of being diverse and inclusive. The annual pay review and bonus policies are detailed on our Reward and Recognition section held on Chambers People. If you would like to further discuss the pay review or bonus scheme, we welcome you to discuss with your line managers to understand their decisions or email people@chambers.com and the team would be delighted to discuss further.

6. 5.0

Application Process for Chambers and Partners

Jul 23, 2021 - Research Analyst in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Helpful and supportive recruitment specialists; generous amount of time given to complete various assessments; friendly and approachable team

Cons

Nothing to report just yet

7. 1.0

Glad that I moved on

Aug 20, 2021 - Senior Researcher
      Business Outlook

Pros

A friendly crowd of peers that enjoy socialising pre-pandemic but now even with the office return things are getting worst Fabulous company if you are with kids and dogs, and are prepared to be a life long staff member.

Cons

The PE owners are really trying to save costs everywhere and increase revenues. Staff meetings are all about how great we're doing financially and what we sold, yet no bonuses this year for a majority of staff despite record profits and no surprise that major churn is occurring, but they are cutting headcount down while trying to increase volume. If you are not in US or UK team, you will not be acknowledged or given opportunities to progress. If you are in those teams, expect to work banking hours to even get a shot at assistant editor rank - most people don't bother thus the quality is tanking. Europe and LATAM teams are thinly staffed and no progression is anticipated beyond senior researcher despite the strong outperformance of the guides. Some very underhand tactics were employed to torpedo your year-end appraisal - to the point that some people ended up crying in the bathrooms. These are the same tactics that have been used when the original owner was in place as the old guard managers are still around. Promotions are more linked to the popularity of your pets and your likeability with managers, rather than your ability and performance.

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Encouraging and supportive environment for new staff

Jul 14, 2021 - Research Analyst in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly and approachable team, good training from the beginning, clearly prioritize the wellbeing of their staff and remote working is well-provided for.

Cons

From my experience so far, there is nothing the firm could do to improve the experience of a new employee.

HR

Thank you very much for your review. We are very pleased to hear you are enjoying being a member of the Chambers team. We work very hard to ensure all new starters are provided with enough support, guidance, and leadership to introduce them into our ways of working and our culture, so to hear of your positive experience is fantastic.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great team, great support and great role

Jul 2, 2021 - Research Analyst in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Depending on your section it varies but my team is amazing. Always willing to help, great flexibility and genuinely a pleasure to work with. Job is relatively hard at the start, but more so because it tests your actual abilities. Nice office space. Very flexible. Supportive. I think the job is great if you looking to enter legal field.

Cons

None so far to be honest. I have heard things from others but I cannot claim any of these experiences as my own. Honestly, a lovely team.

HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and leave a review. We are very happy to hear you are enjoying being part of your team and the welcoming environment they provide. We strive for each team to operate in a friendly, open and hardworking environment. We value your views on the research employees’ roles and the interviews they conduct. At Chambers we will always work towards whatever is the most suitable method for both our teams and those we interview to provide a smooth and successful way of operating. Should you wish to discuss this further and share any more thoughts we would love to hear from you. Please speak to your line manage, equally you are welcome to email people@chambers.com to share your thoughts.

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Fine place to work but no longevity

Jul 5, 2021 - Senior Research Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly team, ability to research different legal topics

Cons

Work becomes repetitive and the admin becomes quite tedious

HR

Firstly, we would like to thank you for taking the time out to leave us a review and share your thoughts. We are delighted to hear you found your team to be friendly. We work hard to provide a friendly and open environment for all to thrive in. We also are very pleased to hear you were able to research the different legal topics during your time at Chambers, again we work hard to allow each researcher the ability to expand their knowledge of the legal market and continually learn. We appreciate your views on the work of a researcher. We are always looking at ways to keep the work and responsibilities interesting and engaging, we welcome your feedback but if you would like to discuss this further you are more than welcome to talk to your line manager or email us at people@chambers.com.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 134 Reviews