Chambers and Partners Reviews

Updated 13 Jun 2020

4.5
Chambers and Partners CEO Tim Noble (no image)
Tim Noble
Pros
  • "Great location by Chancery Lane, excellent facilities within the office, fairly quick development, useful new HR/professional development system(in 6 reviews)

• " great team (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "The canteen and the toilets are a disgrace(in 9 reviews)

• "Promotions are arbitrary and it is reflective of the fact that for almost everyone it is a first graduate job or stop-gap(in 5 reviews)

1. COVID-19

"Joined the company in lockdown"

Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England

I have been working at Chambers and Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Very driven and result oriented company! Open to new ideas and focus on innovation. Clear and regular comms from top management. - I joined the company in lockdown and have not met my colleagues in person yet but we speak regularly, advice and / or help is always there. - Onboarding process was well organised in these unprecedented circumstances

Cons

Be ready to put in extra hours to get into the rhythm

July 14, 2020HR

Thank you very much for your comment. We are delighted to hear your onboarding process was smooth and that you have been able to connect regular with your new colleagues. We are incredibly proud of the seamless transition from working in the office to working at home and being able to still provide a well organised onboarding process. We also greatly appreciate any extra hours you have put in during this early stage of your career with us.

2. "Fun place to work"

Current Employee - Research Analyst in Holborn, England

I have been working at Chambers and Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management are really helpful and you don’t feel pressure asking questions. The job is good if you speak a language and want to use this in your role. It is relatively easy to get the hang of and you learn about new legal areas on the job. Very friendly staff - To this day I haven’t encountered anyone I don’t like Relaxed casual office atmosphere Perks include private healthcare, days off to do charity work, 25 days holiday and full pay sick days. They pride themselves on inclusion and diversity and this definitely feels like a priority.

Cons

You can feel pressure to not take your holiday days as it can interfere with your research schedule. Deadlines can be quite tight and a disproportionate amount of work can be given to you in comparison to other colleagues doing the same role. Promotions are quite hard to get. It can be hard to make friends.

July 14, 2020HR

Thank you very much for your comment. We are very happy to hear of your positive experience working with us, we take great pride in creating a friendly environment for all our employees to feel safe, happy and productive in. Diversity and inclusion are very important for us, so we are delighted to hear you have recognised the excellent work from all those involved. We also look forward to furthering our progress in this area. We appreciate your comment on holidays and promotions, as with all employees we encourage holidays to be taken at times where there would be minimum disruption to teams. Regarding promotions we strive to recognise the achievements of our employees, but please do speak to your line manager should you wish to discuss possible promotions as well as liaising with them regarding your holiday entitlement, your manager will be more than happy to work with you on both matters. Regarding team socials, given the current situation these are on hold, however we regularly hold virtual events such as quizzes, clubs and daily tea-times. Should you wish to learn more on any of these, please email people@chambers.com.

3. "Great company to work for!"

I have been working at Chambers and Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

Supportive environment, enjoyable job and the onboarding was relatively quick and painless. Especially great after leaving a couple of awful jobs in a row.

Cons

Could become montonous but depends on how much effort you're bothered to put in. More effort equals greater satisfaction.

July 14, 2020HR

Thank you very much for your comment. We are delighted to hear of your experience with us and are very happy you have found working with us a welcome change from your previous experience. We pride ourselves on creating a supportive environment for all employees. We appreciate your feedback on your work. We always encourage our employees to work to their best which in turn we feel provides them with a greater sense of job satisfaction. Should you wish to discuss any of the above in further detail, please do email people@chambers.com.

4. "Really great experience at Chambers"

I have been working at Chambers and Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

Chambers takes care for real of its employees. Great induction and smooth on-boarding. Clear top-down communication.

Cons

The selection process took longer than I expected

July 14, 2020HR

Thank you very much for your comment. We are very happy to hear of your smooth introduction and onboarding process; our teams work very hard to ensure all new employees find the process as smooth and welcoming as possible. We appreciate your feedback on the selection process. Our teams work very hard to ensure we can provide a timely response during this process, we apologies if you found you were made to wait longer than expected. We will relay this message to the relevant department. Should you wish to discuss any of the above in further detail, please do email people@chambers.com.

5. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Chambers and Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

Interesting and enjoyable work, great support from colleagues, manageable workload, very good training process.

Cons

Not a con, but you have to quickly learn how to use new software, however it's not too difficult.

July 14, 2020HR

Thank you very much for your comment. We are delighted to hear of your positive experience working with us. We work hard to create a supportive and welcoming environment for all employees along with providing a great training process to ensure all employees are highly skilled in their areas. Thank you for your feedback on your experience with using new software. We are proud to offer training sessions on all software used across the business and our teams offer full support during these sessions and beyond to ensure all employees are comfortable with new software. Should you require any further training please do not hesitate to speak to your line manager who would be happy to assist you with this. Alternatively, please do email people@chambers.com.

6. "Good"

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in London, England

I worked at Chambers and Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice place to work as software developer

Cons

I don't see any con in Software development team

July 14, 2020HR Director

Thank you very much for your comments. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed working as a Software Developer with us and we wish you every success in the future.

7. "Great team"

I have been working at Chambers and Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very central and good facilities

Cons

You don't have sick leave pay during probation period

March 2, 2020HR

Thank you very much for your comment, we are very happy that you are having a positive experience at Chambers. We are incredibly proud of our team and culture and it is very rewarding to see your feedback. We appreciate your comment about the lack of sick leave during probation, which we know can sometimes be hard to manage. Our policy is in line with the standard practice in the country, and once you have passed your probation period you have up to 10 days of paid sick leave. Do not hesitate to get in touch at people@chambers.com if you have any questions.

8. "N/A"

Former Employee - Writer

I worked at Chambers and Partners full-time

Pros

Flexibility, finishing work on time and interesting staff

Cons

Repetitive work and no promotion perspective

February 24, 2020HR

Thank you very much for your review, we are happy that you had an overall positive opinion of your experience at Chambers. In order to address the issues you mention, we recently introduced the performance management programme, in order to support our team members’ development and identify their next steps at the company. Furthermore, we also launched a series of internal training initiatives, in order to encourage our team to explore new options and help their professional growth. Feel free to email us at people@chambers.com if you wish to learn more.

9. "Fine"

I have been working at Chambers and Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good starting job to get some experience on the CV, and you do genuinely learn quite a bit about research, different markets and business in general.

Cons

The pay isn't that good, they don't pay for travel and the computer systems suck.

January 20, 2020HR

Thank you very much for your comments, we are happy that your career at Chambers is helping you to grow in a professional working environment. Addressing the points you make, we have introduced a performance management process, which can help you understand how to progress your career internally against identified competencies, you can discuss this directly with your line manager. If you incur in travel costs while performing work for the company, you will be able to make a claim using the Travel and Expenses Policy which you will find on Chambers People. Thirdly, as announced during our most recent internal town hall meeting, every Chambers employee will have a personal work laptop by May 2020 and much is being invested to transform our technology capabilities. Please do not hesitate to contact us by sending an email to people@chambers.com if you would like to learn more about any of the points above, or if you have any further questions.

10. "Not great"

1.0
    Former Employee - Analyst in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Chambers and Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

A lot of grads who like to socialise

Cons

Mundane work, horrendous HR department, little career progression

January 20, 2020HR

Thank you for your comments. We aim to create a friendly and fulfilling work environment and it is saddening to hear that you did not progress as you might have wished. We are investing a significant amount of resources in our long-term vision for the company, which has the wellbeing and progression of our people at its heart. We have introduced both a performance management programme and a learning and development programme, in order to help our employees understand how they can advance their career at Chambers and to enable them to learn new skills. We have also recently announced a significantly improved benefits package including increased holiday allowances to 25 days for all employees. If you have any further comments please email us at people@chambers.com

Found 80 reviews