Chapman Freeborn Broker Reviews

Current Employee, more than 1 year

CF

Aug 25, 2021 - Cargo Charter Broker in Gatwick, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly & Family Orientated, Regular Team Functions.

Cons

Nothing to add to cons.

2. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

The focus is the bottom line and not the people

Feb 24, 2021 - Broker in Gatwick, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I work amongst people that will be friends for life and the support from peers is great.

Cons

This is a global company but don’t expect the benefits and rewards seen by other organisations of the same size. For the long hours worked, there is little or no recognition with even simple thank yous not being said enough. The handling of covid was also disappointing and although unprecedented times, decision making was slow and information wasn’t shared with staff until last minute. Regular information sheets on well-being were circulated but that’s when the support ended. There was nothing from the company on top of this and my team didn’t even have an online call ahead of the Christmas season to bring everyone together. Like every company, the Christmas party was cancelled, as was every other event but this was an opportunity to think outside the box and potentially send staff a thank you gift at the end of the year instead, or organise something virtually for staff, to encourage teams to connect and engage remotely. Senior management can also be difficult to work with, being rude in their interactions and not listening to others, adding more pressure to a job that requires a lot of hours, sometimes through then night to secure a fixture with tight turnarounds. Lastly, having such a flat organisational structure, career opportunities are limited.

1 person found this review helpful

HR

Thank you for your review, which is very valuable to us. We hope that you had the chance to leave similar feedback in one of the frequent pulse check surveys that we have sent out to gain feedback from our people. The majority of our business has been incredibly busy during the last, unusual year, so the Excom team are aware how hard everyone has worked and how well we have adapted to the new challenges. Did you join any of the global new joiner socials that we offered virtually? This initiative has received great feedback with all of our new joiners (or employees that have been there for longer than year) to get together and stay in touch. Every year, between January and March, our PPDs (Performance Dialogue Process) are being completed, so we would like you to use the process and to encourage you to approach your direct manager with your feedback and your career development suggestions. We offer training and study support to our people and our newly implemented intranet will soon have the possibility to receive and share internal applications. Our reward planning is currently being reviewed as part of the annual process and we will soon be able to share more information. We continuously benchmark salary / bonus reviews, length of service awards and all other benefits to ensure we remain competitive to keep our staff happy. We would encourage you to speak to your manager or a member for the HR team to discuss further and find solutions where we can for you. Again, thank you for leaving a review and for sharing your feedback.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

As Much Fun as Going on Holiday (more flights)

Feb 25, 2020 - Broker in Gatwick, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Chapman-Freeborn have an extremely friendly work environment with everybody willing to help one another and share knowledge and best practices. Obviously a position here has huge advantages to somebody that has a passion for aerospace.

Cons

None as of yet, really enjoying the position

Continue reading
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Chapman Freeborn is a good company to work for

Sep 4, 2017 - Cargo Charter Broker in Gatwick, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with the company many years through different roles/departments over the years. The positives are that i have extended my knowledge and experience and will continue to for many more years.

Cons

There is little movement in management positions however there is always movement for many other positions internally.

Chapman Freeborn Response

Thank you for leaving such a positive review. More than 10 years with the company - that’s an incredible achievement – huge congratulations and a big thank you for your service! We’re pleased that you’ve been able to experience first-hand, the company’s flexible approach to internal movement and secondments etc. - this is something that, as a business, we take pride in. Unfortunately, a low turnover of staff often translates into few managerial positions opening up. We understand this and actively create opportunities for staff via other means when possible. One example of this is our approach to internal movements and transfers – something that you have experienced yourself. Best of luck for the next 10 years!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Trainee passenger charter broker review

Jan 17, 2017 - Trainee Passenger Charter Broker in Gatwick, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I started just over a month ago, and my time at Chapman Freeborn has been nothing but great. Everybody is incredibly friendly and helpful and will go out of their way to make sure you are getting on well. Everybody were so welcoming (even those in the global offices), and the family-like atmosphere in the office has really made me feel at ease. The management are also very approachable and even though I am still training, they have treated me with respect and have fully integrated me as a member of the team. The environment is relaxed and non-pressuring, with full support to learn at your own pace. There's is an annual Christmas do which was lovely and fully expensed, and many opportunities to get out of the office, visit airlines/airports/clients/travel shows, as long as the will is there. Overall, it is a great place to work and the friendliness and helpfulness of the team really makes it a pleasure to be at work.

Cons

The office is quite remote, however there are loads of shops nearby which people drive to.

1 person found this review helpful

HR

Thank you for such a positive review. It’s great to know that you have settled in well and that you enjoyed our Christmas Social! We look forward to you developing your career with Chapman Freeborn.

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

One big family eager to make money!

Jan 11, 2021 - Air Charter Broker in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great environment; Very kind and ready to help people; Awesome projects and huge clients to deal with; Great compensation for the industry with awesome commission scheme.

Cons

Very little room for growth or innovation, odd hours that hurt work/balance but that's more about the industry than the company, really.

Continue reading
  7. 5.0

Fantastic company / great Team

Aug 20, 2020 - On Board Courier Broker
    Business Outlook

Pros

- varied work, you can be creative in finding solutions -helpful team and good teamwork -caring and supportive management -family oriented culture

Cons

Nothing I could think of yet.

HR

Thank you for leaving this review for Chapman Freeborn OBC, it is much appreciated. We are glad to read about the good team work and supportive management that you are experiencing,. We hope to soon be able to meet up again - we miss to hear and talk about all the global team events from our people.

8. 5.0

Puts Employees First

Jun 10, 2019 - Cargo Charter Broker
    Business Outlook

Pros

Chapman makes sure their employees are happy, and creates a fantastic work environment to bring the best out in every individual.

Cons

No cons that I can think of.

Chapman Freeborn Airchartering

Thank you for leaving us a review - it is great to read about the positive work environment!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

I worked at Chapman Freeborn full-time (Less than a year)

Mar 21, 2018 - Trainee Cargo Broker in Shanghai, Shanghai, Shanghai
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly and flexible company, feels like a big family.

Cons

I don't have any Cons at this moment

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company

Mar 18, 2018 - Pax Charter Broker in Beijing, Beijing, Beijing
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture, nice teams. Global offices to work with.

Cons

sometimes need to work off duty

Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 Reviews