Chapman Freeborn Reviews

Found 75 of over 80 reviews

4.7
Chapman Freeborn CEO Eric Erbacher
Eric Erbacher
Pros
  • "I've been working at Chapman Freeborn for just over two months and i can honestly say that i couldn't have asked for a better place to work(in 9 reviews)

• "Chapman makes sure their employees are happy, and creates a fantastic work environment to bring the best out in every individual(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Occasional long hours due to job role(in 3 reviews)

• "Not much room for career growth,(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

The perfect workplace!

Jul 27, 2021 - Human Resources Database Administrator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent Management, Very Good Communication, Extremely Friendly, Very Inclusive, Great Work/Life Balance

Cons

I couldn't name one con within my role

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Very happy, love my job!

Jul 12, 2021 - PR and Communications Executive in Gatwick, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone I work and interact with is lovely Great team and supportive manager Varied and interesting role I am encouraged to put my ideas forward to shape how we do things in the team I am trusted to get on with my work.

Cons

I haven't encountered any cons in my 6 months here.

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Jun 17, 2021 - Business Development Manager in Gatwick, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great working atmosphere, team spirit, learning and respectful management

Cons

Slow career progression and little involvement of junior staff in decision making

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing place to work!

Mar 9, 2021 - Prefer Not to Disclose in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing place to work - great people!

Cons

none that I can think of

5. 5.0
      Featured Review

Great company with friendly and knowledgeable staff

Mar 3, 2021 - Group Digital Marketing Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Straight away, everybody was very welcoming and they really had their onboarding process nailed down. Everybody is very passionate about working for Chapman Freeborn and their enthusiasm is contagious.

Cons

No cons as of yet

HR

Thank you so much for leaving a review. We are glad to hear the positive feedback in regards to your onboarding process. A good start makes all the difference!

6. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

The focus is the bottom line and not the people

Feb 24, 2021 - Broker in Gatwick, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I work amongst people that will be friends for life and the support from peers is great.

Cons

This is a global company but don’t expect the benefits and rewards seen by other organisations of the same size. For the long hours worked, there is little or no recognition with even simple thank yous not being said enough. The handling of covid was also disappointing and although unprecedented times, decision making was slow and information wasn’t shared with staff until last minute. Regular information sheets on well-being were circulated but that’s when the support ended. There was nothing from the company on top of this and my team didn’t even have an online call ahead of the Christmas season to bring everyone together. Like every company, the Christmas party was cancelled, as was every other event but this was an opportunity to think outside the box and potentially send staff a thank you gift at the end of the year instead, or organise something virtually for staff, to encourage teams to connect and engage remotely. Senior management can also be difficult to work with, being rude in their interactions and not listening to others, adding more pressure to a job that requires a lot of hours, sometimes through then night to secure a fixture with tight turnarounds. Lastly, having such a flat organisational structure, career opportunities are limited.

1 person found this review helpful

HR

Thank you for your review, which is very valuable to us. We hope that you had the chance to leave similar feedback in one of the frequent pulse check surveys that we have sent out to gain feedback from our people. The majority of our business has been incredibly busy during the last, unusual year, so the Excom team are aware how hard everyone has worked and how well we have adapted to the new challenges. Did you join any of the global new joiner socials that we offered virtually? This initiative has received great feedback with all of our new joiners (or employees that have been there for longer than year) to get together and stay in touch. Every year, between January and March, our PPDs (Performance Dialogue Process) are being completed, so we would like you to use the process and to encourage you to approach your direct manager with your feedback and your career development suggestions. We offer training and study support to our people and our newly implemented intranet will soon have the possibility to receive and share internal applications. Our reward planning is currently being reviewed as part of the annual process and we will soon be able to share more information. We continuously benchmark salary / bonus reviews, length of service awards and all other benefits to ensure we remain competitive to keep our staff happy. We would encourage you to speak to your manager or a member for the HR team to discuss further and find solutions where we can for you. Again, thank you for leaving a review and for sharing your feedback.

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

One big family eager to make money!

Jan 11, 2021 - Air Charter Broker in Fort Lauderdale, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great environment; Very kind and ready to help people; Awesome projects and huge clients to deal with; Great compensation for the industry with awesome commission scheme.

Cons

Very little room for growth or innovation, odd hours that hurt work/balance but that's more about the industry than the company, really.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing company with emphasise on employee wellbeing

Sep 23, 2020 - Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gatwick, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have felt welcome by all since I first started in my role. The company really cares about employee wellbeing and promotes employee involvement and collaboration. Very friendly employees across all levels and departments, everyone is always happy to help and work together. Ideas are welcome and understanding when there are times of pressure due to workload. The company is mindful of the work/life balance that can be stretched in this industry but this is always recognised and they reward employees for going the extra mile. The company is forward thinking and is welcoming change to grow and develop further.

Cons

None so far, continue to grow, change and adapt with the working world.

HR

Thank you for your review! We are pleased to read that you have settled in well. You are right, the Chapman Freeborn Group will continue to grow and our people are most important so we will continue to develop our reward planning and will offer even more opportunities to share feedback.

9. 5.0

Fantastic company / great Team

Aug 20, 2020 - On Board Courier Broker
      Business Outlook

Pros

- varied work, you can be creative in finding solutions -helpful team and good teamwork -caring and supportive management -family oriented culture

Cons

Nothing I could think of yet.

HR

Thank you for leaving this review for Chapman Freeborn OBC, it is much appreciated. We are glad to read about the good team work and supportive management that you are experiencing,. We hope to soon be able to meet up again - we miss to hear and talk about all the global team events from our people.

10. 5.0

Company Review

Jun 16, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly, Great atmosphere, Something different everyday

Cons

Nothing at this present time

Viewing 1 - 10 of 75 Reviews