Charterhouse Partnership Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Full-timePart-time

3.3
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "We are a well-established business within the UAE and we get a lot of called in business due to having a great reputation" (in 4 reviews)

• "This year, I was fortunate enough to be part of the Big Billers annual incentive trip to Sun City, South Africa" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "less than average commission structure" (in 11 reviews)

• "No HR which means no support with personal problems or issues that you may not want to discuss with your manager" (in 10 reviews)

"The worst company I’ve ever worked for"

I worked at Charterhouse Partnership full-time

Pros

Dubai, it’s a lovely city

Cons

Quite like the other locations, the Dubai office has a complete lack of leadership and management skills. Management aren’t trained and don’t have a clue what they’re doing. The brand is barely holding on in the market across the last two years whilst other agencies absolutely smash it. This is because the management like to play games and manipulate the consultants until they leave so turnover is incredibly high. There’s no clear promotional structure it’s just whoever the MD takes a good liking to. Both clients and candidates pity you for working at this agency. You’ll also end up spending most of your working week here as additional hours for no need are expected to impress management. Work hard work hard culture.

Advice to Management

The management in Dubai are tired and worn out, they’ve been there for too long and don’t have a hold on things. Get some fresh blood in

28 Jan 2018 – Managing Director

Thanks for taking the time to write a review and I agree Dubai is an incredible city with a lot on offer.

It is never nice to hear that someone has not had a good experience at Charterhouse and... More

"Nice workplace"

I worked at Charterhouse Partnership full-time

Pros

Charterhouse is a great place to start your career in a new city. Good training and work culture. They have a powerful reputation in the market. Overall a strong business.

Cons

More social activities for employees should be introduced

Advice to Management

Continue the good work!!

"Hopefully a more balanced review"

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Charterhouse Partnership full-time

Pros

Well known brand (although often known for the wrong reasons - sorry but true) make some good friends who support you, lovely offices, good location, one of the best things the MD does is train you on UAE culture and impart knowledge of living in Dubai. MD will also support you and offer advice out of work . The on boarding process is very efficient . The MD arranges for the bank to see you in the office to make it all easy to get set up which is a good thing. You are paid on time and you know exactly when you are getting your commission and expenses. The commission structure is excellent as long as you can stay out of deficit, ( but if you have a couple of drop outs - it happens in Dubai - and a bad quarter it can be harsh / hard to recover) . I've read many reviews both positive and negative and agree with certain aspects of them all.

Cons

Negative / fearful atmosphere, many consultants become your friends but won't speak during work times for fear of upsetting management, it's head down and work, which is good to an extent but often creates the negative atmosphere. A sales environment shouldn't be that quiet. revolving door, mainly from UK etc as unfortunately it is true, many consultants in the UAE wouldn't join here as although Charterhouse is established as one of the first consultancies in the UAE it does have a poor reputation within the industry. Whilst I have said that the MD can be very supportive, at times there is no consistency to this, supportive one day, and then can be demoralising the next, yes it's a business and we are all here to make money but a consistent management approach is needed. Too many candidates to manage effectively so you don't be a consultant building relationships, at times it more like send enough cv's and see which ones stick!

Advice to Management

Be a manager, build confidence don't destroy it and recognise your own weaknesses rather than honing in on the weaknesses of others . Keep the induction process it is excellent , but allow consultants more time to establish themselves.

31 Oct 2015 – Managing Director

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and it is good to hear that you felt the induction and support you received was helpful.

I would like to address your negative comments, firstly all... More

"The absolute worst experience I have ever had."

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I worked at Charterhouse Partnership full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The only positives is that I met some great friends who all think the absolute same about the company and MD

Cons

The two faced, very nasty silent atmosphere is just dreadful. I have never felt so uncomfortable making sales calls within a sales environment when it is literally dead quiet.

Advice to Management

I would consider your career options. Your people management skills are awful, you general mood swings are bad, and really unsettling for new people. I also do think you have a severe case of bipolar which I would recommend addressing.

31 Oct 2015 – Managing Director

Thank you for taking the time to write your reviews, it seems like several reviews have the same content therefore it is easier to address one review. Firstly, neither myself nor anyone in our... More

"Recruitment Consultant"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Charterhouse Partnership full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good commission structure and the firm has some of best consultants in the market. Great boss and working environment.

Cons

Turnover used to be on the high side. It is much better now.

"Poor benefits/commission structure and lack of career progression but some good recruiters there"

Current Employee - Principal in Sydney (Australia)
    Current Employee - Principal in Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at Charterhouse Partnership full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some solid experienced recruiters there
    Collaborative culture between teams
    Promotions for fees earners are based on billings and the process is transparent
    New induction program for junior recruiters covering well the basics of the industry

Cons

Commission scheme is not competitive at all (apart if you bill circa 200k/quarter) - comparison with the other agencies I worked for
    No real career progression - once reaching Senior Principal there is nowhere to go
    Promotion/hiring processes of managers and directors is not transparent and doesn't rely on merit
    Management keep people locked in for visa reasons only
    Overall the management is making a lot of money on the back of employees by having low commission margins and low base salaries

Advice to Management

Make the commission scheme more competitive and don't lie to employees on their visa status

"Ruining lives since the millennium"

Former Employee - Principal Consultant in Sydney (Australia)
    Former Employee - Principal Consultant in Sydney (Australia)

I worked at Charterhouse Partnership full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fake ‘Pure Blonde’ beers provided - did not know these even existed before the company bought these on work celebration events.

Cons

Leave your soul at the door and please realise the second they secure you a visa you are a slave and their puppet and they are very good at dangling and then cutting these strings. A day in this office makes the Goodfellas seem tame.

Advice to Management

Grow a pair, heart, conscience perhaps. Sole owner that lives in Monaco needs to show his face more than once a year and remember people’s names.

"Consultant"

I have been working at Charterhouse Partnership full-time

Pros

I’ve been with the company for two years so have seen the change from the old to new and it’s all for the good, having worked for a couple of agencies before I’ve got ground to compare. Some pros:
    - People. So many good recruiters and everyone gets along. I could happily talk to every single person in the company and everyone wants their colleagues to succeed, it is like a family and I’ve made some of my best friends over the past couple of years here.
    - I work autonomously and manage my desk how I want, yes there are KPIs which are more guidelines when people are starting a desk but they are realistic and reasonable. Once you’re billing, you get left to it and there is support there if you need it. In comparison to previous companies, I have so much flexibility and I’m treated like an adult. If I have a bad month or quarter I don’t feel as though my job is on the line and I’m given the support and help to get back on track. They see potential in employees and give you time to find your feet- a luxury not a lot of agencies do.
    - CEO and management are approachable and helpful and the HR Manager is amazing, they all want you to succeed and will go over and above to help you in both professional and personal dramas.
    - Incentives and parties. So many incentives, in a high pressure industry it’s so important to celebrate the wins which they do well I’ve been to amazing restaurants, boat parties, not to mention the NYE parties and big billers trips all around the world.
    - Pay for PR regardless of your billings or position-no need to say any more.
    - Changes put in place in the last year are incredible-HR, formalised training, quarterly reviews, 360 feedback, website, branding, new commission structure, and about to have another party to celebrate!

Cons

- There is a bit of negativity at the moment for various reasons which is such a shame, no company is perfect and it’s frustrating when people focus on the minor negatives rather than the long list of positives. One thing I will say is there are so many positive people in the company too, you just don’t hear from them because they are getting on with it, doing their jobs and making money-that’s what we are here for after all!
    - Training was a down point but this has been a major focus of the last year and the formalised training is about to launch.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing it’s all heading in the right direction. I look back 12-18 months and it wasn’t a long term option for me or a lot of others, it’s now a company I’m really proud and excited to be a part of.

"Great people, great company."

I have been working at Charterhouse Partnership full-time

Pros

- Pay for PR regardless of your billings or position-no need to say any more.

"Amazing!!"

Current Employee - Principal Recruitment Consultant in Sydney (Australia)
    Current Employee - Principal Recruitment Consultant in Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at Charterhouse Partnership full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There's a very supportive and inclusive line of Directors. The company is really pushing to change and make a positive move forward. New HR is keeping things down pat and takes care of each and every employee. Teams are tight-knit families and you are always valued as an employee.

Cons

Would love more brown sugar in the kitchen!