Chase de Vere Independent Financial Advisers Reviews

Updated 5 May 2021

Found 39 of over 41 reviews

4.0
Chase de Vere Independent Financial Advisers CEO Stephen Kavanagh  (no image)
Stephen Kavanagh
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good

24 Mar 2021 - Business Development Consultant in Cardiff, Wales, Wales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good, very good, fantastic, great

Cons

not bad, not terirble, none, none, none

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Mixed bag

5 May 2021 - Paraplanner
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice people amongst the paraplanners and administration. Plenty of exam opportunities

Cons

Lack of recognition from management Lack of career opportunities unless you want to become an adviser

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good company with decent career prospects if you want to be an adviser or paraplanner

4 Dec 2020 - Lead Services Executive in Manchester, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Good company culture and HR support - career advancement is well encouraged down the IFA or paraplanner route. - Flat-ish hierarchy - managers and CEO are friendly and well known by employees, easy to build relationships with management. - Good incentives including christmas meals / parties, birthday day off and company conference - Decent internal and external training opportunities - Office culture is okay if you like a drink

Cons

- Career prospects less widely available down operations / business development path - internal communication could be better - working from home was isolating. some support is offered but tapered off as lockdown went on - Favouritism is fairly apparent in terms of who receives praise and promotions

4. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good place to start in financial services

14 Feb 2021 - Financial Administrator in Manchester, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

'One' team ethic Good work life balance Support through exams

Cons

Poor pay let's the company down from an employee's perspective.

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not bad for a first job

17 Mar 2021 - IFA Administrator in Manchester, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- mostly young and friendly staff - supportive leaders at times -incentives -Birthday day off

Cons

- Pay -only contributes to 2 exams a year -no bonus

6. 2.0
    Former Employee

Do not do it to itself.

13 Jan 2021 - Corporate Administrator in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Parking wasnt too bad to be fair.

Cons

Pay isnt enough for the work being done, keep in mind you'll be doing all the office work, contacting clients, rebrokes etc for an advisor who just has to attend a few meetings here and there, the advisor will be paid 4-5 times more despite less work. No training programme when startin, despite having no previous experience you are expected to perform and meet all targets straight away without training. Wouldn't recommend.

7. 5.0

My time at CDV

1 Jul 2020 - Private Client Support Administrator in Manchester, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people at CDV are some of the best I have ever worked with. From the admin and processing staff to IT, HR, Management and all the way up to Senior Management and the Exec. When times are tough (and those who know me understand that I've had a few of those since starting here) everyone pulls together. I feel as though I am looked after like I am part of a big family. That is what Chase de Vere is, one big family. The love and support that my colleagues have shown during my time here has been nothing short of heartwarming. I could not have got through some of the adversities that I have faced without them. If i can give advice to anyone that is considering a career with CDV then I would say one thing "Do it, you won't regret it".

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of one.

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 4.0
    Current Employee

Overall a good company to work for

11 Oct 2020 - Private Client Administrator in Bath, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Holiday, sick pay, colleagues, exams paid for

Cons

Salary, support, communication, training, workload

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

I have never been happier

17 Jun 2020 - Recruiting Coordinator in Manchester, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is a real feeling of collaboration amongst the team and a positive atmosphere. The office is located in a professional serviced building with coffee shop, post office and newsagents on site. Our annual conference is amazing. I have never been to a works event like it. It is a fantastic opportunity to get a full business update and meet with colleagues working at various offices across the UK.

Cons

It hasn't always been easy looking at Old Trafford everyday given the past couple of seasons but things can only get better :) Parking is limited but the tram stops right out side the office.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

1 Jul 2020 - Business Quality Adviser in Manchester, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked here for 7 years now and it has genuinely flown, a good sign when working full time. The company really cares and supports its employees. The Senior Management & Executives are approachable and take a keen interest in every employee. Hard work is rewarded and the company is generous with its benefits, with little touches like your birthday off etc.

Cons

None that I have seen !!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 39 Reviews