Chase de Vere Independent Financial Advisers Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Chase de Vere Independent Financial Advisers Reviews

Updated 27 Sep 2019

3.1
Chase de Vere Independent Financial Advisers CEO Stephen Kavanagh  (no image)
Stephen Kavanagh
  1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Client Support Administrator in Manchester, England

I have been working at Chase de Vere Independent Financial Advisers full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have worked at CdV for just over a year, the company on a while has been very supportive. Training was shadowing however that has recently been improved.

Cons

Sometimes change happens before it is cascaded town to admin

Advice to Management

Keep admin updated on change before it happens

Chase de Vere Independent Financial Advisers2019-09-27
  2. "Poor salary and progression"

Former Employee - Administrator in Manchester, England

I worked at Chase de Vere Independent Financial Advisers full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good social life and colleagues, good work/life balance

Cons

Low pay compared to other employers, no stable management structure, entirely profit driven, lack of progression opportunities in administration, very high staff turnover, dated dress code

Advice to Management

Focus of paying administrators their worth and retention of experienced staff will be higher, adopt a modern attitude towards dress and tattoos, treat admin as a valid career path rather than a stepping stone to other sectors of the business

Chase de Vere Independent Financial Advisers2019-09-24
  3. "Complete lack of support"

Former Employee - Independent Financial Advisor in Birmingham, England

Pros

Independent The pay you Free tea and coffee Technology is good

Cons

Complete lack of support, if you are new or newish to the industry do not fall for the information given at interview stage! Very high staff turn over! Salary changes to comission only after 2 years The initial class room training is good, unless you ask for extra help in which case its kicked down the line never to happen! They only pay 18p per mile, you have to claim the rest back yourself. Little to no... marketing budget so any ideas get turned down as bad, when in reality they have very little to spend.

Advice to Management

Better support (training and development) for staff Dont promise and fail to deliver Create a better environment for staff where they can grow I seriously regret ever joining them

Chase de Vere Independent Financial Advisers2019-08-20
  4. "Very good foundation for compliance role"

Current Employee - Regulatory in Manchester, England

I have been working at Chase de Vere Independent Financial Advisers full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good working environment which encourages decision making at my level

Cons

Lack of progression opportunities in Policy department

Chase de Vere Independent Financial Advisers2019-07-10

"Only if you want to be an adviser"

I have been working at Chase de Vere Independent Financial Advisers full-time

Pros

85% of the staff are really good to work with. Its a good place to cut your teeth in the industry

Cons

Prefer people who say yes rather than having an opinion. Salary is below average.

Chase de Vere Independent Financial Advisers2018-11-15
  6. "Great company"

I have been working at Chase de Vere Independent Financial Advisers full-time

Pros

Feels family run and a close knit community despite its size

Cons

If you don’t get the culture, you won’t last two minutes

Advice to Management

Keep putting staff first and it will continue to grow at pace

Chase de Vere Independent Financial Advisers2018-08-23

"Poor management + hostile environment = high turnover"

Former Employee - Client Support Administrator
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Chase de Vere Independent Financial Advisers full-time for less than a year

Pros

- flexible working hours - some great advisers who understand the pressures and barriers that admin face day to day

Cons

- too much office politics and bad mouthing amongst teams/staff - no support from line manager; new staff thrown in at the deep end in a team of relatively inexperienced staff - you brought in Intelligent Office and none of the admin staff properly knew what they were doing; it took weeks of nagging for any sort of procedures to be released and when they finally were they kept being changed without any communication... from line managers - unrealistic expectations from line manager - admin under a lot of pressure to churn apps with a huge lack of training from the start - poor salary especially compared to similar roles at other firms - playground culture; you are not treated like an adult and if you speak up against something that is affecting you in the team then expect it to be brushed under the carpet time and time again - blame culture; no one seems to want to take responsibility when things go wrong and admin left to deal with the aftermath or thrown under the bus and told to deal with it

Advice to Management

Consider the needs and requirements of all your staff and how you can better working practises rather than focusing on profits.

Chase de Vere Independent Financial Advisers2018-03-29

"Lack of clear leadership from the top down."

Former Employee - Paraplanner in Bath, England

Pros

People I worked with were great as well as the location of the office in Bath city centre. The clients were lovely too. The general advice processes are good/straightforward.

Cons

Senior Management is poor, salary was below market rate. The Swiss parent doesn’t seem to understand the UK business as the management keep on telling us, but at local level we didn’t bother about this issue as we were so client focussed. There was a severe lack of training, support or clear line management and the Regional Sales Management and Exec support is non-existent. Systems are poor including the new... Intelligent Office system which doesn’t seem to do what the Exec told us it would do. The CEO seems to want to run the whole company and everyone is scared to do anything without his say-so. Glad I left last year and now work in a far better environment.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff and understand them. It is about clients and staff and not about the relentless pursuit of profit.

Chase de Vere Independent Financial Advisers2018-03-28

"Private Client Administrator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, England
    No Opinion of CEO

Pros

Some of the advisers were really supportive and really understood the pressures of admin staff. Easy location and parking. Flexible with working hours as long as management were aware in advance.

Cons

Lack of support from line manager. Very patchy “on the job” training. A lot of people had a “you touched it last so you deal with it” mentality. No teamwork. High admin turnover and 4 people left the office while I worked there. No sociability within the work setting. Lots of office politics.

Advice to Management

Concentrate on quality rather than quantity. Churning out so much scrappy business just to hit figures leaves too much room for mistakes, stressed staff not ever taking a lunch break and advisers sitting on a pass stool watching everyone else sinking in work.

Chase de Vere Independent Financial Advisers2018-01-17

"Client Services Administrator Role"

Current Employee - Client Services Administrator in Manchester, England

Pros

My time at Chase de Vere has been a positive experience overall. I have enjoyed working with a variety of different people in an open plan office, which lends itself to a more interactive and social environment. The role of Client Services Administrator is a diverse role with various different avenues that helps you learn and explore other departments, which in turns gives you a greater understanding of the daily... running of the company. The diversity consists of speaking with clients, data inputting and also general administrative tasks. The tasks in themselves are very interesting and are mostly just general admin along with a degree of customer service. CST's main role is to book appointments for BMA doctors so there is a large amount of data inputting from two separate avenues. We have a list of clients to call every day, who have made an enquiry into the company so there is never any cold calling. The clients are almost always welcoming on the phone and booking appointments is very easy and takes approximately 2 minutes for each. Although this role is predominately client facing (via telephone) there is a lot of back office admin to complete, which is nice in breaking up the day so tasks never feel monotonous. All of the people at CdV are very lovely, and everyone is always willing to help each other. We are a very sociable office and often go out for pub lunches for birthdays or if someone is leaving, and there is always a two monthly night out organised within the central admin team, which CST are included in.

Cons

One downside of working as part of Client Services Team is that for the majority of the time is that there was no one direct to answer to. Although this proved to be a strength as I was able to go and find the answers to any questions I had but to not have a direct point of contact was slightly concerning. I feel that CST could really benefit from having one person as the senior point of contact to overlook the... daily running of the team and delegate work/rotas/sort out shift patterns. Also as the role is so diverse, there are a lot of ad-hoc queries that come in that are very subjective and needs someone with a lot of knowledge of the company to understand how to deal with it.

Advice to Management

Ensure that all roles of CST are not neglected and there is on-going training to ensure that ad-hoc queries are dealt with to the benefit of the client and also the company and there is a point of contact for employees to be able to have their questions answered when dealing with said enquiries.

Chase de Vere Independent Financial Advisers2017-12-15