Chemours "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Chemours Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated 31 Aug 2019

3.6
Chemours CEO Mark Vergnano (no image)
Mark Vergnano
Pros
  • "good pay and management in headquarters(in 25 reviews)

• "Pay is very competitive, benefits are average, work life balance is good most of the time(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management will stab you in the back and put you out on an island when you need them the most(in 5 reviews)

• "Very tight knit organization which can be difficult to work around if you are not from the area or from the company prior to the spinoff(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Good Company to work for to support a family."

Former Employee - Chemical Operator in Washington, WV

I worked at Chemours full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great pay, long break every month is nice.

Cons

Upper management will stab you in the back and put you out on an island when you need them the most. Health insurance is a joke. The best they offer is a 2500 deductible. Pathetic!

Chemours2019-09-01

"Chemours Area Manager"

Area Manager in Parkersburg, WV

I have been working at Chemours for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay is very competitive, benefits are average, work life balance is good most of the time.

Cons

Upper management is very unclear on how goals are to be achieved, management wants to be told how wonderful they are, not the truth. Archaic systems, 10 yrs behind the times in terms of systems. Going through a rough spot right now with the TiO2 market down and all of the PFAS litigation.

Chemours2019-06-07

"If you're a hard working, motivated and concerned employee DON'T APPLY HERE"

Current Employee - Operations in Belle, WV
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Chemours full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good pay and decent benefits

Cons

This location rewards incompetence and penalizes incentive. In an effort to get costs down they have cut employment past the bone and into the marrow. Line management is clueless , the company line is that anyone with a degree can manage a process, no matter what it involves. Upper management has absolutely no idea how a chemical process should be ran, they pretend to be your "buddy" to your face and then throw you under the bus at the drop of a hat. The safety department is a complete joke, burying the workers with mounds of useless paperwork that only hinders getting jobs completed.

Chemours2017-10-15

"Chemours, Belle WV site"

Former Employee - Manufacturing Technology Engineer
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Chemours full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Upper management makes decisions without input from area managers and then the area personnel have to deal with the issues that result. Not much investment in employees for training and growth. Employees viewed more as an expense rather than an asset.

Chemours2017-03-08

"Company"

Chemical Operator

I have been working at Chemours

Pros

The pay is good...you learn a lot of things

Cons

Company announced shut down and put us "up for sale" but then they got multiple companies interested in buying this particular plant but chemours wouldn't release any of the proper documentation to companies that were interested in us..so goes to show us , they DO NOT care about their people..they set us up for failure. when they announced shut down they said our plant was 23 million dollar deficit....they never answered us on what exactly that 23 million dollar decifit was...is it the CEOs and upper management at head quarters salary in that? Because even if we all worked for free apparently we would still be millions of dollars in debt...makes ZERO sense...so not only do we Now have people, whom this has been their only job most of their lives and don't even know how to make a resume or haven't interviewed in 20-25 years but are too young to retire an too old to be marketable, and are worrying about how they are gonna take care of their families on top of loosing their job...when chemours could of just helped their people out an let us get sold. Over 300 people loosing their careers not counting out side contractors or upper management in this specific plant and the tax payers and other companies that are going to suffer once the plant actually closes.All on top of our awful health insurance that we pay for.

Chemours2016-04-18

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 5 reviews