Chessington World Of Adventures Reviews
79% would recommend to a friend
(155 total reviews)
70% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Low pay and can get extremely busy and tiring" (in 16 reviews)
- "Long hours and sometimes extended hours when park is busy." (in 14 reviews)
- "Poor management and unprofessional staff" (in 14 reviews)
- "The pay is absolutely crap with only £6.56 an hour and some managers are annoying" (in 5 reviews)
- "Low salaries and seemed to be a culture where people were promoted due to length of service not ability and potential." (in 4 reviews)
Found 155 of over 183 reviews
Updated 24 Nov 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 4.024 Nov 2023Conference and Events CoordinatorFormer Employee, more than 1 yearChessington, England
Friendly, lots of staff engagement/events.
Can be very gossipy - but so can everywhere!
- 3.013 Nov 2023HousekeeperCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearChessington, England
Flexible working time to fit around your personal schedule and benefit of free tickets
Very physical demanding when working
- 4.017 Oct 2023OperationsFormer Employee, more than 1 yearChessington, England
People Learn a lot about the operation and they do try their hardest to look after staff
Long days Rude guests who think it’s ok to take their anger out on staff
- 1.028 Oct 2023Foods HostCurrent EmployeeChessington, England
You get to see animals on you way to work
Underpaid and over work. They profit from under paying child labour and have unsafe working conditions.
- 3.07 Aug 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsLeatherhead, England
Fun people to work alongside. Unique work setting. Nice perks to do with animal meets and staff discounts.
Long, hard shifts with no overtime. Salaries are not competitive. Facilities are old and not replaced, instead cheap fixes upon cheap fixes. Some roles have a lot of responsibility for their grade and their pay, if things had gone wrong the people who were expected to be responsible would have to deal with situations way above their job description.
- 4.012 Sept 2023Games HostCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearKingston, East of England, England
Flexible, nice team, good working hours, nice working conditions
Sometimes very hectic and long. Not the most hygienic
Chessington World Of Adventures Reviews FAQs
Chessington World Of Adventures has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 183 reviews left anonymously by employees. 79% of employees would recommend working at Chessington World Of Adventures to a friend and 28% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
79% of Chessington World Of Adventures employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Chessington World Of Adventures 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.