Chevron Customer Service Representative Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Mike Wirth
  1. "Chill job, low pay"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Walnut, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Chevron part-time for less than a year

Pros

Work in a quiet area so very calm... mainly cleaning throughout most of the shift. The manager is very nice and approachable. Register is new so there are hardly technical issues and angry customers.

Cons

Pay is still 12 the hour even though many places pay more. Literally under minimum. The company holds very high standards so they are picky about how everything is done and how well, (like cleanliness and exactly what to say to customers). Little things like this are cons but not terrible.

Advice to Management

None my manager is great. She will give you days off without interrogating/resistance as long as you do it a few hours in advance. She was also patient I While training me and did not become angry when I messed up.

Chevron2019-10-19
  2. "Not a fan"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Danville, CA

I worked at Chevron full-time

Pros

Never short on hours to give employees

Cons

Terrible care for employees well being

Chevron2019-10-24
  3. "Without a doubt I highly recommend"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chino Hills, CA

I worked at Chevron full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I recommend this job to anyone. If anyone is thinking of applying to this job go for it but make sure it's for a corporate station. I worked for chevron for 7 years. I started at the end of my senior year of high school and left a year and a half after I graduated college. I really loved that chevron and my manager were able to work with my school schedule no matter what it was. They understood that school was my... priority. Not only did they help with my schedule but they also paid 75% of my tuition (limit per year). The company really cares for their employees and all kinds of bosses come to see the store. I've met the president of Chevron (not many companies take the time to meet their workers). They offer so many resources and opportunities for employees. Even the DO's for my area were amazing. Chevron was just such a caring company. AND I love and miss their health care and there 401 K benefit. (after writing the review I'm considering going back)

Cons

Chevron has high standards, you work your butt off. Sometimes all the rides, mystery shops, inspections can get stressful because there are SO MANY!!! I think having so much stress deserves a tad bit more of a raise.

Advice to Management

I appreciate you!

Chevron2019-07-18
  4. "positive learning experience, gained skills necessary to advance in my career"

Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Lockeford, CA

I worked at Chevron full-time for less than a year

Pros

fun training environment, great area not too busy friendly co workers, a lot of overtime

Cons

favoritism between co workers made it difficult to promote, demanding hours with no replacement for my overnight shifts left little room for sick days or days off no lunch or breaks

Advice to Management

delegate work to make the work experience pleasant for everyone even if one worker isnt as great as another offer more training for specific individuals that need guidance to be able to take on shifts and relieve overworked staff

Chevron2019-07-08

"Rough place to work"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Seattle, WA

I worked at Chevron full-time for less than a year

Pros

Weekly pay, good experience in customer service and POS

Cons

Benefits, Hostile work environment, favoritism, upward mobility, and lack of recognition.

Advice to Management

Allow your employees to be recognized when they do a good job. Don't leave recognition for only when they make a mistake. This leaves the employee isolated and unmotivated. Provide opportunities to get further training and progress into a career field, otherwise it feels like a dead end job. Actually care about your employees and not just the bottom line.

Chevron2019-03-13
  6. "Working environment"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Chevron part-time for more than a year

Pros

Safe, Care about employees Interactive with customers

Cons

You just do repetitive tasks through out the day

Chevron2019-02-09

"Chevron Stations is one of the worst places to work. Get experience when working here, then leave to get a better job."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Portland, OR

I worked at Chevron part-time for more than a year

Pros

First off, Chevron Stations and other departments of Chevron should be separated because they are not the same. Chevron Stations is overloaded with low salary people who slack off during work, and who don't care about their jobs. - Can slack off and do nothing while getting paid, because the managers themselves slack off themselves and let others to do so as well. - Can break practically any rule of Chevron that... you want because the managers don't care if you do so or not because they don't care for the company. - Free fountain drinks.

Cons

- Management and Chevron corporate allow harassment to other employees and nothing will happen to them if you report them. - Management is ruled by people with GEDS, or by the ones that barely passed high school. Thus, management at Chevron have low intelligence. - Management don't care about their job. - Salary is low from start to finish. You start making at exactly minimum wage, and increase by .25 cents every... year, and capping to at most 1 or 2 dollars more than the minimum wage. - If you are a hard coworker management and corporate will just make you do all of the work there while the others are allowed to slack off. So basically, you work while the others get paid the same to do nothing. So, in the end why work well at all? - In Oregon you have to pump gas. If you can pump gas well and fast, you be made to pump gas forever. Its harder work than working inside the store. Practically no one likes pumping gas, so you will have like 6 people working and 5 people inside the store talking to each other while you have to pump gas alone outside handling all of the gas pumps. - Management are huge slackers. I had one who just stayed inside the office and was on their cell phone all day. - Management will talk to you and get angry at you if you get a customer complaint, but will completely ignore customer complaints about themselves. - Corporate doesn't care about you, even if they say they do. Your just a pile of replaceable trash to them. They will easily replace you with some guy who's desperate for a job if you don't like your job. - Benefits are a scam. They never give tuition reimbursement to anyone who works at Chevron Stations. I never got it, and no one that I've heard that applied to it has ever gotten it. They don't even give a reason as to why you didn't get it. They just don't want to give you money for tuition. So if your planning to work at Chevron for the tuition reimbursement, I suggest you look elsewhere at a different company. - No tips by the way. If you get a tip and accept it you will get in trouble. But if management gets a tip they will take it and tell you to back off if you say something. - Your salary is still low if you become management. - Management can't do math, can't read, and can't write. I had a manager who asked me how to spell out a basic word that is learned in like 2nd or 3rd grade. They couldn't even write a paragraph, and had to use a calculator for basic math. - You may get split days off if your not a favorite of management, and you will also get your schedule changed in less than 24 hours if your not a favorite of management. - Management hires anyone who is willing to work. So the level of your coworkers may vary from people who are difficult to work with, and with huge slackers. I started off as someone who worked hard and well at Chevron Stations trying to actually get work done and well. In the end I ended up no caring because I was working while the others were allowed to slack off. Plus, I had a minimum wage salary. So, there's no reason to work well.

Advice to Management

My only advice is tell you management people that you only got the job because nobody else wants your job. You decided to stay with the company for some particular reason, and ended up deciding to move up in the company. Then you take our all of your frustrations onto your workers. You are all not qualified for your job. Corporate themselves won't care about you, so no use to talking to them about it. My final... advice to everyone is that because this company treats its low salary Chevron Stations workers like trash, you should treat them like trash as well. Use them only to get experience and get out of your job. Only give them a two weeks notice if you think you may have to apply to a corporate job with them later in the future if you become qualified enough. If not, show your appreciation back at them by quitting on the day your supposed to work by giving your store a friendly phone call. Basically, there's is not advice to give to management or corporate, because they don't care about what you say. They say they do, but they actually don't. You are just a pile of replaceable low-salary trash to them.

Chevron2018-11-16
  8. "CSR"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Brentwood, CA

I worked at Chevron full-time for more than a year

Pros

Paid weekly. 1.5 pay for Holidays.

Cons

No raises. No benefits unless a manager, or supervisor. Unfair workload. Many lazy employees makes it difficult on the hard workers; have to pick up their slack. Upper management who doesn't care.

Chevron2018-07-29
  9. "Best work place and great people to meet."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chula Vista, CA

I worked at Chevron part-time for more than a year

Pros

Making customers happy and love to work with others and its good environment to make friends.

Cons

Handling money and always attemptive in surroundings.

Advice to Management

Prioritise employees and make such good compliments. Approach and make some recognitions.

Chevron2018-06-16
  10. "Love working here. It's a good company!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rocklin, CA

I have been working at Chevron full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay, good managers, all around fair place

Cons

Doesn't always promote from with in

Advice to Management

If u tell people you only promote with in then u should.

Chevron2018-06-09